Rate Duperlands 2

#21TerantatekPosted 10/2/2012 1:59:50 PM
I wonder if they banned dupers/cheaters, if people would complain about that like people complain about the dupers and cheaters. Just two sides of the coin i gurantee either side would be pissed at the other side if they got their way.

Its like politics, mine aswell say:
Obama = No duping/cheating
Romney = Duping/Cheating/cant stop contradicting himself

or

Romney = No duping/cheating/ cant stop contradicting himself.
Obama = Duping/Cheating

either way, no ones gonna be happy. What GearBox SHOULD do is add an option to the host to prevent people with modded/duped guns to even enter your lobby, have servers called "Duping/Modding Allowed" and "No Duping/Modding Allowed". If you enter no duping allowed with a duped/modded gun, you'd get instant kicked and banned on that particular character on that particular server.

Or infront of duping/modding characters named on the UI, it can say "D/M (insert Name) or so, it'd look like a tag >.>
---
I'm what you would call, a modern day Hippie.
Love, Peace, 4:20-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#22VrindlvinePosted 10/2/2012 2:00:11 PM
Digit4lc0py posted...
Compared to BL1 I'd say 6-7/10. There are only like five viable pieces of equipment endgame, solo is stupid difficult, and there are significanty less guns/variation between guns. The manufacturer bonus ability is just idiotic and limits gun variety even more. Hyperion use to be one of the best, I don't even look at them save OMG KONFRENSE KAWL. Atlas and S&S were two of the best companies and they are gone for a dumb reason.

This every time. The weapon variety is down at least 47% which is quite dissapointing since they fixed a lot of other things. Also i feel like more skills are dead i mean grenadier? Really? Lock n Load / Auto Loader? Really? Come on gbox its like you didnt talk about these skills.

7/10 right now. Will be interested in both dlc and weapon dlc (PLEASE GEARBOX ADD DALH AND VLADOF SHOTGUNS AND HYPERION AR'S)
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#23TerantatekPosted 10/2/2012 2:00:15 PM
MoxRavager posted...
floruen posted...
I give Borderlands 2 a 10/10
Duperlands 2 a 5/10
and eventually Modderlands 2 a 0/10

i like farming stuff and trading stuff. kinda pointless now
thats like half the dam game

---
#24duericPosted 10/2/2012 2:01:39 PM
Terantatek posted...
I wonder if they banned dupers/cheaters, if people would complain about that like people complain about the dupers and cheaters. Just two sides of the coin i gurantee either side would be pissed at the other side if they got their way.

Its like politics, mine aswell say:
Obama = No duping/cheating
Romney = Duping/Cheating/cant stop contradicting himself

or

Romney = No duping/cheating/ cant stop contradicting himself.
Obama = Duping/Cheating

either way, no ones gonna be happy. What GearBox SHOULD do is add an option to the host to prevent people with modded/duped guns to even enter your lobby, have servers called "Duping/Modding Allowed" and "No Duping/Modding Allowed". If you enter no duping allowed with a duped/modded gun, you'd get instant kicked and banned on that particular character on that particular server.

Or infront of duping/modding characters named on the UI, it can say "D/M (insert Name) or so, it'd look like a tag >.>

If they banned dupers more people would be complaining that they can't find s***.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#25TerantatekPosted 10/2/2012 2:09:13 PM(edited)
@Deuric

What do you mean cant find ****? As in someone complaining they cant get the bee to drop in the day they tried farming it? If so, good. I remember playing WoW before that arthas expansion and people had to spend days or even weeks to get a single piece of gear. But i guess thats just the type of person i am, i dont like instant gratification or even close gratification in my video games. I like to work hard to earn my ****. That way if i join a match, everyone will be like "oh **** that guy has that weapon, i wish i did but it probably wont happen for a month or so"

P.S. I dont video game all the time, infact i spend more time with my family, and i STILL like it taking awhile to get top tier gear. I know the majority of casual gamers dont want that at all, and it wont happen in BL2 but i can dream cant I?

Then again i play games like Borderlands 2, Diablo and MMORPG's for that exact reason. 35% of the game is for pure fun, 55% is for statistics and class building. Rest is for communicating with people around the world... i guess.
(sidetracked hardcore)
---
#26Rome218Posted 10/2/2012 2:07:36 PM
7/10.

First playthrough before the mass duping was awesome.

2nd playthrough I had everythink duped for me and duped for others. They made it so easy to dupe items that I do not want to be a jerk and not help others, knowing that they will have everything in a week anyway.

I think there is some confusion from people who never played an on-line RPG. The part is to grind, get lucky, and have bad ass loot that other people can hope to get one day. It makes the game last a lot longer.

In past games like Diablo 2, PSO on PC, Guild Wars, and anything else I may be forgetting, I love showing up as my powerful character with rare items and other people wanting to be awesome like me.

In this game I'll dupe for anyone because the game seems to be catered for it. Saying no to someone is just mean since they will get it anyway. When I join a game and see everyone has legendary in there name, it is what it is.

On-line RPGs are addictive because you do the same thing over and over and over to get the loot you want, that is a large part of the fun. My goodness, Castlevania HD did it better than this game. You couldn't trade or drop items, and guess what? That game may not have been super mainstream, but it actually lasted a very long time with it's community. It was addictive playing the same level(Sometimes 400 times) to get that damn sword that made you go in a game looking like a complete bad ass. I put more hours in that game then I will in this game.
#27floruenPosted 10/2/2012 2:10:31 PM
right on. with the dupers logic.

Gearbox should have given us the game with every legendary weapon , all 4 characters at lv50 with all heads and skins, oh yeah and 100% bad ass rank

i mean non of us have time to play this game obviously
---
GT: Floruen Currently playing: Borderlands (lv50 Gunzerker, lv 15 Siren
UMVC3
#28TerantatekPosted 10/2/2012 2:11:01 PM
Rome218 posted...
7/10.

First playthrough before the mass duping was awesome.

2nd playthrough I had everythink duped for me and duped for others. They made it so easy to dupe items that I do not want to be a jerk and not help others, knowing that they will have everything in a week anyway.

I think there is some confusion from people who never played an on-line RPG. The part is to grind, get lucky, and have bad ass loot that other people can hope to get one day. It makes the game last a lot longer.

In past games like Diablo 2, PSO on PC, Guild Wars, and anything else I may be forgetting, I love showing up as my powerful character with rare items and other people wanting to be awesome like me.

In this game I'll dupe for anyone because the game seems to be catered for it. Saying no to someone is just mean since they will get it anyway. When I join a game and see everyone has legendary in there name, it is what it is.

On-line RPGs are addictive because you do the same thing over and over and over to get the loot you want, that is a large part of the fun. My goodness, Castlevania HD did it better than this game. You couldn't trade or drop items, and guess what? That game may not have been super mainstream, but it actually lasted a very long time with it's community. It was addictive playing the same level(Sometimes 400 times) to get that damn sword that made you go in a game looking like a complete bad ass. I put more hours in that game then I will in this game.

I like your train of thought. I remember in Diablo 2 seeing a lvl 99 Amazon and EVERYONE in that server was oggling over how cool that was and how we never expect ourselves to hit that level in our entire lifetime. THAT is what can make a game good, not everyone being UBER.
---
#29spacecowboy44Posted 10/2/2012 2:11:20 PM
jesus quit complaining about duping/modding already....who the hell cares....i swear you children will complain about anything...
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#30TerantatekPosted 10/2/2012 2:14:27 PM
spacecowboy44 posted...
jesus quit complaining about duping/modding already....who the hell cares....i swear you children will complain about anything...

Im not complaining, im conversing in a very relaxed tone IRL, just typing out my opinions and not trying to start an arguement. By the way you typed out your post, it seems as if you're on edge with the "complaining" and would rather hang around the place that resonates with it. If i were you id just leave the topic and not come back, but hell knows you wont. Also if you wrote "Who the hell cares" are you adopting a double standard? Or do you not realize you are a part of the problem?

If people stop complaining about the complainers who are complaining, it'll stop in time. Give it a year or so. If you cant handle that, im sorry.
---