Rate Duperlands 2

#41mastercheeze313Posted 10/2/2012 2:27:13 PM
9.0 from me. It improved upon the first one in every way. The original vault hunter got the treatment they deserved. . .except for one. . .
---
Whats a signature?
#42TerantatekPosted 10/2/2012 2:28:07 PM
Deathx113 posted...
MoxRavager posted...
pothocket posted...
I haven't seen it yet but I keep hearing stuff about True Vault Hunter Mode and assumed that was some type of hardcore mode. Am I wrong? Than what is TVHM?

He said Hardcore (No respawns), not hardmode (Which TVHM is)

Hardcore =/= rogue like.

no, but it can :P and hardcore mode in Diablo2 was awesome. If you were over lvl 50, you were automatically superior to all regular players. Because its VERY easy to die in D2, not just cause of lag/framerate dips/mob mass spawns, but because someone could join your lobby, and just go out, find and kill you and you had to take that.
---
I'm what you would call, a modern day Hippie.
Love, Peace, 4:20-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#43TerantatekPosted 10/2/2012 2:28:48 PM
mastercheeze313 posted...
9.0 from me. It improved upon the first one in every way. The original vault hunter got the treatment they deserved. . .except for one. . .

It improved in the variety of guns? Are you nuts? :o
---
#44FlowlingPosted 10/2/2012 2:29:11 PM
9/10 - Turned a hater into a fan that will stick around so long as the Doomsayers of OMFG PLZ NERF ITZ OP!!1 continue to be ignored.
---
"Like the rest of the world, Skyrim fans want to bang fictional vampires and werewolves." - Retneug
#45tiger8191Posted 10/2/2012 2:30:31 PM
Since I play solo and haven't set foot in MP I give it 9/10.
---
www.youtube.com/user/FearsomeBeaver
#46spacecowboy44Posted 10/2/2012 2:31:42 PM
Terantatek posted...
spacecowboy44 posted...
Terantatek posted...
spacecowboy44 posted...
jesus quit complaining about duping/modding already....who the hell cares....i swear you children will complain about anything...

Im not complaining, im conversing in a very relaxed tone IRL, just typing out my opinions and not trying to start an arguement. By the way you typed out your post, it seems as if you're on edge with the "complaining" and would rather hang around the place that resonates with it. If i were you id just leave the topic and not come back, but hell knows you wont. Also if you wrote "Who the hell cares" are you adopting a double standard? Or do you not realize you are a part of the problem?

If people stop complaining about the complainers who are complaining, it'll stop in time. Give it a year or so. If you cant handle that, im sorry.

im not saying you specifically...im talking about this entire board in general who consider anyone who doesnt play the way they want to be bottom feeding scum....which is pathetic...also complaining about ppl constantly complaining...is a legitimate complaint

Yes, its a legitimate complaint, but so is people not like dupers. Hard to argue that, i know for sure the trading system would improve if duping was at 0%. Honestly, i dont care about dupers that much. Also my bad, i didnt know if you were singling me out in your head or not. I agree with people calling dupers/modders bottom feeders isnt cool.

Just wish there was a way to seperate the two parties however, lotsa people HATE modding and duping, some dont care, some love it because they dont want to put the time in.

i have no problem with ppl who dont like modding or dupers...its just the extent they go to to complain about ppl who choose to enjoy the game a different way is what really ruins this game the most
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#47TerantatekPosted 10/2/2012 2:40:41 PM(edited)
Yes people do go to large extents, but so do the dupers. Im not complaining at all btw, im actually in a really good mood irl atm. But lemme just throw this out there:

How is duping a crap ton of purple/legendarys at lvl 50 then entering Match Browser that much different from people complaining about dupers on a forum?

One is just words, one is something that can actuallly change your gaming experience. But then again you could just play with friends, but sometimes friends arent on and only Match Browser is left, which in that case the non-dupers i bet dont wanna be paired up with uber geared people on earlier quests. Im sure theres more non-dupers than dupers also, hell i dont even know how to dupe or mod xbox360 files, just my PC for singleplayer games.

If GearBox could just add fricken servers with restrictions though and some without..
---
#48aurick79Posted 10/2/2012 2:39:27 PM
Terantatek posted...
@Deuric

What do you mean cant find ****? As in someone complaining they cant get the bee to drop in the day they tried farming it? If so, good. I remember playing WoW before that arthas expansion and people had to spend days or even weeks to get a single piece of gear. But i guess thats just the type of person i am, i dont like instant gratification or even close gratification in my video games. I like to work hard to earn my ****. That way if i join a match, everyone will be like "oh **** that guy has that weapon, i wish i did but it probably wont happen for a month or so"

P.S. I dont video game all the time, infact i spend more time with my family, and i STILL like it taking awhile to get top tier gear. I know the majority of casual gamers dont want that at all, and it wont happen in BL2 but i can dream cant I?

Then again i play games like Borderlands 2, Diablo and MMORPG's for that exact reason. 35% of the game is for pure fun, 55% is for statistics and class building. Rest is for communicating with people around the world... i guess.
(sidetracked hardcore)

The thing with games like WoW though, is that part of the reason for the random drops is to keep you playing (and thus keep you paying) - it really isn't representative of any type of skill.

It's not a design to be good for the customer, it's a design to be beneficial to the game company. Most of them aren't even a reflection on the quality of player, rather that the player just spent a lot of time in their game (or was really lucky or had the in game gold to buy the item).

And I say this as someone who used to play Everquest before Planes of Knowledge - where you would camp a single mob for hours (sometimes days) - where there would actually be lines of people waiting to be "next" to camp the creature. All so they could get a piece for an epic weapon.

Compared to Everquest - World of Warcraft felt dumbed down with it's "instances" and faster respawns on enemies and your ability to kill them solo.

And envy over someone else's weapon is overrated - if I saw someone in the game with the best weapons/shield at best I'm going to think "Lucky" at worst I'm going to think "how much freaking time does this guy have to spend playing video games".

Fact is, if I keep playing this game - eventually I will get the weapon/shield too, it's just a matter of time.

Achievements involving skill are what interest me - not ones you'll eventually get.
#49mdealassfaultPosted 10/2/2012 2:44:45 PM(edited)
I've never played Duperlands 2, but I have played Borderlands 2.

With that in mind, I give Borderlands 2 my Completionist rating of: "Dupe It!"
---
I do a body good, too!*
*(Statement not approved by the FDA.)
#50TerantatekPosted 10/2/2012 2:49:27 PM
aurick79 posted...
Terantatek posted...
@Deuric

What do you mean cant find ****? As in someone complaining they cant get the bee to drop in the day they tried farming it? If so, good. I remember playing WoW before that arthas expansion and people had to spend days or even weeks to get a single piece of gear. But i guess thats just the type of person i am, i dont like instant gratification or even close gratification in my video games. I like to work hard to earn my ****. That way if i join a match, everyone will be like "oh **** that guy has that weapon, i wish i did but it probably wont happen for a month or so"

P.S. I dont video game all the time, infact i spend more time with my family, and i STILL like it taking awhile to get top tier gear. I know the majority of casual gamers dont want that at all, and it wont happen in BL2 but i can dream cant I?

Then again i play games like Borderlands 2, Diablo and MMORPG's for that exact reason. 35% of the game is for pure fun, 55% is for statistics and class building. Rest is for communicating with people around the world... i guess.
(sidetracked hardcore)

The thing with games like WoW though, is that part of the reason for the random drops is to keep you playing (and thus keep you paying) - it really isn't representative of any type of skill.

It's not a design to be good for the customer, it's a design to be beneficial to the game company. Most of them aren't even a reflection on the quality of player, rather that the player just spent a lot of time in their game (or was really lucky or had the in game gold to buy the item).

And I say this as someone who used to play Everquest before Planes of Knowledge - where you would camp a single mob for hours (sometimes days) - where there would actually be lines of people waiting to be "next" to camp the creature. All so they could get a piece for an epic weapon.

Compared to Everquest - World of Warcraft felt dumbed down with it's "instances" and faster respawns on enemies and your ability to kill them solo.

And envy over someone else's weapon is overrated - if I saw someone in the game with the best weapons/shield at best I'm going to think "Lucky" at worst I'm going to think "how much freaking time does this guy have to spend playing video games".

Fact is, if I keep playing this game - eventually I will get the weapon/shield too, it's just a matter of time.

Achievements involving skill are what interest me - not ones you'll eventually get.

Thats just the point though (i think) is that even though you know you'll get the weapons eventually, is it really worth it to just mod it in your game and have it instantly? Id think 90% of people would want to spend the time to earn it, even if it isnt difficult persay, you still spent time in your life (precious precious time we only have a limited amount of) and you chose to use it to "earn" that item. And i say earn cause i dont consider instant unlocks earnings unless its a quest designed by the developers. Imo thats better than modding it in even if you dont have the time to play all day, also aying its worthless to waste time unlocking an item is stupid, i mean you're playing a fricken video game. You arent better than anyone else even if they spent a month unlocking an item and you dont have the time to do that cause you gotta go "lay" your "girlfriend" or go to the mall with your friends or go skateboarding or for a walk.

IMO nothing in this life is better than anything else. Unless its hardcore drugs your wasting yourself on or cigarettes :)

Wow im sidetracking today.. im hungry
---