You know what the best thing about having all the rare weapons and being 50?

#61Breaker BladePosted 10/2/2012 5:03:19 PM
Without a "holy trinity" class infrastructure, that's not really possible, though. I suppose they could have made a boss that insta-kills one player every so often with no chance of avoidance, but that's an artificial mechanic only designed to require more than one player. Plus, I feel that comparing an MMO endgame to any other type of game's endgame is just a flawed argument.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, LoL, Dark Souls, Diablo III
Currently watching: Game of Thrones, Louie, Breaking Bad
#62RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/2/2012 5:05:07 PM
They should have took a note from Skyrim's book and put in random quest generators.
---
CaffeineSnorters always Laylow12 then RUNwhenCOPScome - ssj954vegito
#63OPisBKPosted 10/2/2012 5:05:40 PM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
OPisBK posted...
OPisBK posted...
giantqtipz posted...
level 50 players have experienced all of the game. all thats left is just collecting the legendaries. who the hell would farm a boss for days for one item? theres nothing else to look forward to except DLCs.

if you're not level 50, then duping ruins the game. but at level 50? im all for duping. nothing else to do

I plan on farming quite a bit. I'd farmed for years in PSO, don't see why it would be any different here. I'm not going to play every day for 8+ hours. But when I play I plan on farming.

PSO (DC or GC) is a million times better and more fun to play and farm than borderlands though. You had rangers, hunters and mages and the boss fights were much better.

Caves Ult was horrible. The boss was also horrible. Only thing I hated about that game.

Dem death lillies or whatever, that shot megid or whatever. But yea I was a battler, hundreds of thousands of wins... R2 champ and R6 doubles champ. Magic and no magic.

I'm so surprised and glad to see there a quite a bit of PSO vets/players on this board.
---
Sometimes girls, kiss for fun.
#64Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 5:06:48 PM
Morter posted...
Mander1861 posted...
Morter posted...

So if there was ever such thing as a wrong opinion, I'd nominate this topic. Just saying.

You just lost any cred you had built up.

I'm glad my post started giving me cred to begin with. Or am I wrong because I disagree with you? =P

Not to mention, it's not fair to compare this game to a several-years old MMO game with numerous existing expansions and...you know...a lack of single player. Single player games, unlike MMOs, tend to end. So because this game isn't modeled after a completely different genre, you feel like it has no "endgame"?

That's ridiculous logic.

Ya you did have some cred at the start.
Im not comparing this to an MMO.
Im just saying it wouldnt be that hard to add some instances or some higher difficulty replays where things like strategy and class specs actually mattered.
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
http://www.twitch.tv/bortron_buttsekks
#65CrayonmuffinPosted 10/2/2012 5:08:10 PM
It's true they need more motivation to have end game characters. Even with DLC it'll become irrelevant to even play after a certain point. No point to even farm weapons because there isn't anything more to do. It's sad.
---
360 only ATM. I need a new PC.
Currently awaiting: Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Halo 4, Black Ops 2.
#66MorterPosted 10/2/2012 5:08:50 PM
They should have took a note from Skyrim's book and put in random quest generators.

Not gonna lie: I'm a sucker for randomized quests and would not have a problem with it. But then people would be complaining "RANDOM QUESTS ARE STUPID! MAKES LOOT GETTING TOO EASY! COULDN'T THINK OF ENOUGH STORY, GEARBOX?! ARTIFICIAL GAME LENGTH!"

I'm okay with how the game works right now, tbh, and some bitter people have to acknowledge that not everyone can be pleased, like TC for example. The only thing I find issue with is that he thinks it's "poor" game design because it isn't like WOW.
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**
#67Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 5:10:37 PM
Morter posted...

Not gonna lie: I'm a sucker for randomized quests and would not have a problem with it. But then people would be complaining "RANDOM QUESTS ARE STUPID! MAKES LOOT GETTING TOO EASY! COULDN'T THINK OF ENOUGH STORY, GEARBOX?! ARTIFICIAL GAME LENGTH!"

I'm okay with how the game works right now, tbh, and some bitter people have to acknowledge that not everyone can be pleased, like TC for example. The only thing I find issue with is that he thinks it's "poor" game design because it isn't like WOW.

You have reading comprehension problems.
WOW was an example of a reason to have a high level endgame character.
There are many more but I chose WOW.
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
http://www.twitch.tv/bortron_buttsekks
#68Darksaber310Posted 10/2/2012 5:11:36 PM
So endlessly farming Terramorphus or spending 20 minutes to get Veni to spawn to kill him, that's an endgame alright. That there was the reason you leveled to 50. Face it, the entire game is all about leveling to 50, and then once you get there there's nothing left for it. There's no new areas that unlock once you reach it, and nothing to do that you couldn't have done (or didn't do) before.

Selling "things to do" as DLC is a pretty poor game mechanic, however fanboys will fanboy.
---
Once again snatching defeat,
From the jaws of victory.
#69MorterPosted 10/2/2012 5:14:49 PM(edited)
A reason for a high level character is to beat the 2nd playthrough.

If you're not the kind of person to playthrough a game multiple times, you probably should avoid borderlands.

If you want to beat the story more than once with the same character, you'll eventually get to a high level.

You don't even need motivation, that's just natural progression.

Face it, the entire game is all about leveling to 50

Really where are you people getting this idea? I must be the silly one thinking this game was about shooting, and looting, and co-op.
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**
#70RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/2/2012 5:14:02 PM
Morter posted...

Meh, I'm an easy to please gamer. I don't really care for story or plot. As long as the game is fun to play then I like it. Like The Saboteur for example. I didn't pay a lick of attention to the story but it's one of the best sandboxes I've ever played.
My biggest problem with Borderlands (1 and 2) is that after you do a quest in an area that area becomes obsolete. Like Friendship Gulag for example.
---
CaffeineSnorters always Laylow12 then RUNwhenCOPScome - ssj954vegito