You know what the best thing about having all the rare weapons and being 50?

#71MorterPosted 10/2/2012 5:17:10 PM
Not to be combative, but wasn't any place that you liberated in The Saboteur useless, and gave you no need to go back there? The same rule applies here, I'd figure.

But in BL1, once I got through playthrough 2.5 I'd just run around shooting things to find some fun loot (not necessarily unique or legendary, just enjoyable to use), play with some spec ideas, and just have a blast.
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**
#72RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/2/2012 5:20:41 PM
Morter posted...
Not to be combative, but wasn't any place that you liberated in The Saboteur useless, and gave you no need to go back there? The same rule applies here, I'd figure.

But in BL1, once I got through playthrough 2.5 I'd just run around shooting things to find some fun loot (not necessarily unique or legendary, just enjoyable to use), play with some spec ideas, and just have a blast.

The Saboteur has genuine progression though. The area's don't become obsolete. You liberated them, if you never would have liberated them there will still be Nazis there and then it's not obsolete. So liberating =/= obsolete. And after beating The Saboteur you can spend hours liberating the other parts of Paris and the Countryside.
---
CaffeineSnorters always Laylow12 then RUNwhenCOPScome - ssj954vegito
#73RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/2/2012 5:21:21 PM
Also when you liberated certain areas you got new vehicles/shops/etc.
---
#74zUkUuPosted 10/2/2012 5:23:12 PM
don't dupe then lol.
#75Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 5:24:33 PM
zUkUu posted...
don't dupe then lol.

Duping has nothing to do with no endgame content.
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
http://www.twitch.tv/bortron_buttsekks
#76MorterPosted 10/2/2012 5:24:39 PM
Well the point is once you plant the correct amount of explosives in the area, you don't have to go back there. In borderlands, once you do all of the related quests, you don't have to go back there. I don't know, I just don't see the difference.

That said, I spent all my hours liberating Paris before beating the game. It was definitely a fun ride. And so was BL1 and so is BL2, but some people are like "Well now that I'm level 50 this game sucks!" as if they didn't enjoy the entire journey through two playthroughs. Is this how people play games nowadays?
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**
#77Reiver_NeriahzPosted 10/2/2012 5:26:40 PM
OPisBK posted...
Blyr posted...
Oh look, dupers getting bored.

This was completely unexpected and not at all 110% obvious.

Gear farming was supposed to last you a while, finding easter eggs, etc. until the DLC hits. If you cheat and get everything right away, well no s*** you're going to be bored. The point of the game is to find the best items.

I think I've said that 100 times, and people just don't listen. "WELL I DON'T PLAY THE GAME JUST TO FIND THE BEST GEAR, SO F U" and now we're going to be flooded with whining topics. Christ.

What if I find the gear I want and not care much for the other legendary gear? Are you saying I should still grind for the other gear? What would be the point in that?

Nothing, you're done with the game. Find a new game to play.
---
GT: Reiver Neriah
Maliwan <3
#78giantqtipzPosted 10/2/2012 5:29:40 PM
im in the mood for some zombie game for some reason. how is dead island guys? does it have any similarities in terms of gameplay (not genre or style) to borderlands?

is there a loot system? leveling up system?
#79RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/2/2012 5:29:49 PM
Morter posted...
Well the point is once you plant the correct amount of explosives in the area, you don't have to go back there. In borderlands, once you do all of the related quests, you don't have to go back there. I don't know, I just don't see the difference.

That said, I spent all my hours liberating Paris before beating the game. It was definitely a fun ride. And so was BL1 and so is BL2, but some people are like "Well now that I'm level 50 this game sucks!" as if they didn't enjoy the entire journey through two playthroughs. Is this how people play games nowadays?

Well, IDK, I see your point don't get me wrong, but people expect endgame content from item grinding games like Borderlands.
---
#80RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/2/2012 5:30:45 PM
giantqtipz posted...
im in the mood for some zombie game for some reason. how is dead island guys? does it have any similarities in terms of gameplay (not genre or style) to borderlands?

is there a loot system? leveling up system?

It's a hub type game where you go out and do quests like Borderlands. Some call it Borderlands but with Zombies.
---