Advice for a GOOD Axton build.

#1MaverickneoPosted 10/3/2012 2:13:02 PM(edited)
I have been looking around at differnt forums and it seems that his turret is weak during the 2nd playthough.

What is the best skills, tree to have based on his Turret? Considering the second play though. It seems that the turret is getting one or two shotted by bosses or bad asses during the second play through.

I have also been reading that people are complaining that the shield for the turret sucks.

So what is the best route or combination? the double cannon? or having the Gemini?

I am wondering because if his turret cant last, then the character is pretty worthless IMO.
#2Hardcore74LeoPosted 10/3/2012 2:15:09 PM
Maverickneo posted...
I have been looking around at differnt forums and it seems that his turret is weak during the 2nd playthough.

What is the best skills, tree to have based on his Turret? Considering the second play though. It seems that the turret is getting one or two shotted by bosses or bad asses during the second play through.

I have also been reading that people are complaining that the shield for the turret sucks.

So what is the best route or combination? the double cannon? or having the Gemini?

I am wondering because if his turret cant last, then the character is pretty worthless IMO.

Hmmm I'm on playthrough two and haven't had an issue with my turret getting destroyed by badasses. I went the path with double guns on my turret to. I have found myself relying on my turret alot to help cover my but on tvhm, more so than in playthrough one. Can't vouch for the other skill trees on how useful they are.
#3SomboSteelPosted 10/3/2012 2:18:42 PM
5 in Sentry, 5 in Laser Sight, 1 in Rocket Pods, 1 in Double Up, and 1 in Longbow Turret. Very powerful and can survive pretty well on its own.

And if you get an Engineer Mod with +5 Sentry and probably like 25%+ in cooldown and you will be in business
---
GT: Sombo
#4Bnkai4tailLuffyPosted 10/3/2012 2:22:35 PM
I haven't had problems with my turret at all. I have two turrets and right now I'm going for Missle Pods with the remaining points. All this in TVHM.
---
A "TWEWY Hipster"? I'm not sure if I should be offended.
Official THREAD DESTROYER of the TWEWY Board
#5AtomskVIIPosted 10/3/2012 2:25:05 PM(edited)
For me I've found that Gemini/rockets is more effective as it keeps me safe while I slag enemies for the turrets. Seems to do more damage also. I use a class mod that boosts Resourceful/Sentry to boost CD rate and time on the field. I tried to like double up/ longbow but I constantly threw the damn thing across the map :P

Oh and if possible place them behind low cover so only the guns are sticking out.
---
Amen, Hallelujah, Peanut Butter.
GT: November Seven
#6AlleRacingPosted 10/3/2012 2:25:13 PM
Yeah, my turret still wrecks s*** in TVHM. Only melee super badasses seem to be able to take it down.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#7Sima YiPosted 10/3/2012 2:26:15 PM
I run a guerrilla/gunpowder Axton with double up and longbow and I don't really have any issues with the turret dieing even in 2.5. I have never, ever had Terra or the Warrior one or two shot the turret.

The turret will go down if you put it in a bad enough situation and don't support it, or if RPG loaders/hawks show up and you don't kill them quick enough. If you are just tossing your turret into a group of enemies in TVHM then hiding behind cover until the dust clears, you deserve to have your turret killed imo. It's not invincible but it's not as fragile as some people claim once you have the health boost from longbow.
---
GT: Edge31632 Pawn: Anya
http://www.last.fm/user/MrEdge
#8LoliberryPosted 10/3/2012 2:35:49 PM
AtomskVII posted...
For me I've found that Gemini/rockets is more effective as it keeps me safe while I slag enemies for the turrets. Seems to do more damage also. I use a class mod that boosts Resourceful/Sentry to boost CD rate and time on the field. I tried to like double up/ longbow but I constantly threw the damn thing across the map :P

Oh and if possible place them behind low cover so only the guns are sticking out.

OMG this lol, i also kept throwing the turret waayyyyy to far with Longbow, like i would throw it past enemies by accident making it useless.
#9EasygoingBirdPosted 10/3/2012 2:40:12 PM
I came in here and I agree with everyone, my turret is still rocking it.

Does anyone else wish there was a gamechanger that let you recall your turret from anywhere? That would be awesome, would much rather have that than the stupid use grenades in FFYL one
---
Going to Mcdonalds with heart disease. Heavy risk, but the FRIIIIES
GT: Dr Chowder
#10Gen2000Posted 10/3/2012 3:07:25 PM
You've must been reading wrong because turret gets even better by the time you get to TVHM, you have access to Double Up by then and about 10 more levels later you can abuse Gemini+Scorched Earth which is laughably broken for the effort/damage ratio.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....