Are all shotguns crap?

#41SeraphLancePosted 10/4/2012 1:47:27 AM(edited)
Torgue Shotguns suck really bad. I'm not sure why they're getting so much love in this topic. The projectiles are so insanely slow that even at a distance of about 10 feet an enemy can dodge the spread. Torgue makes crazy ARs, not crazy shotties.

Jakobs shotguns are generally some of the best because they can be fired off in quick succession, but they generally come in two flavors:

-extremely high damage (like Torgue level), poor accuracy, poor magazine size
-relatively low damage, great accuracy, large magazine size

Bandit shotguns are basically Jakobs without being rapid fire. Tediore Shotguns are pretty meh all around (except the deliverance, that gun is awesome).

My personal favorite is the Hyperion shotty, since they're rapid fire, have high-ish damage, and great accuracy.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#42zUkUuPosted 10/4/2012 1:52:22 AM
SeraphLance posted...
Torgue Shotguns suck really bad. I'm not sure why they're getting so much love in this topic. The projectiles are so insanely slow that even at a distance of about 10 feet an enemy can dodge the spread. Torgue makes crazy ARs, not crazy shotties.

Jakobs shotguns are generally some of the best because they can be fired off in quick succession, but they generally come in two flavors:

-extremely high damage (like Torgue level), poor accuracy, poor magazine size
-relatively low damage, great accuracy, large magazine size

Bandit shotguns are basically Jakobs without being rapid fire. Tediore Shotguns are pretty meh all around (except the deliverance, that gun is awesome).

My personal favorite is the Hyperion shotty, since they're rapid fire, have high-ish damage, and great accuracy.

jacobs never reach torgue's damage. in particular that you seem to forget that EXPLOSIVE is an element and deals additional damage. you say you can't shoot from 10 feet away due to the slow projectiles? roflmao - you can't even deal any damage from that distance with a jacobs or bandit. 2 pellets will hit at most. learn to use them correctly and you'll soon find that torgue is the best for a reason.
best damage output, usable from close to mid range, splash (jump + shoot "down on the target"). heck, even from a great distance at least some pellets will do damage, and vastly more then any other shot gun. only down side is the fire rate - which doesn't matter much when everything dies within one or two shots max.
#43domranguayPosted 10/4/2012 2:07:11 AM
furykidd posted...
1) Get a bee (it's a shield)

2) Throw a Tediore shotgun

3) O_O

:)