Loved Borderlands 1, finding it EXTREMELY hard to get into this one.

#1iiTryhardPosted 10/3/2012 2:35:02 PM
I have two characters, one at 12 and one at 14. Everything is just screaming boring at this point. IN BL1, i was addicted from level 5. In this game, my guns suck and so far all the quests are boring. It could be that the League of Legends bug bit me and I have been addicted for the past month to that, or it could be that this game starts off slow. Will i eventually start to feel like I didn't waste my money? Thanks
---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#2PenguinKillBearPosted 10/3/2012 2:37:33 PM
iiTryhard posted...
I have two characters, one at 12 and one at 14. Everything is just screaming boring at this point. IN BL1, i was addicted from level 5. In this game, my guns suck and so far all the quests are boring. It could be that the League of Legends bug bit me and I have been addicted for the past month to that, or it could be that this game starts off slow. Will i eventually start to feel like I didn't waste my money? Thanks

In my opinion this game is superior to BL1 in every way. Better guns, better story, better game play, and even better vehicle mechanics.
---
GT; PenguinKillBear
#3ACAClAPosted 10/3/2012 2:38:43 PM
game doesnt really pick up untill your lvl 20. by then youll start to get guns with some bang.
---
O hai i'm that guy built so fly in a silk bow tie don't know why i'm built so fly but i am, no lie oh my
#4fatclemenzaPosted 10/3/2012 2:39:25 PM
I have good news and bad news. Good news being that decent loot will show up around level 20. Bad news, it depends on what you're trying to get. Finding assault rifles that actually function like assault rifles can be annoying. If you reached Sanctuary, seek out Michael Mamaril. He gives you a blue weapon every time you find and talk to him, and will do so every time you return to Sanctuary. Also, if you tip Moxxi enough times, you'll get two great SMGs. Random chest loot in this game is pretty underwhelming.
---
People are strange, when you're a stranger,
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
#5KudZuPosted 10/3/2012 2:41:12 PM
As others have said, the game does start off pretty slow and ramps up at around level 20 or so. Well, more like at level 16 when you can get your first game-changer skill, but the loot doesn't start getting awesome until 20+.
#6PhilOnDezPosted 10/3/2012 2:43:19 PM
While I don't have any particular gripes about this game (Okay, maybe one. Storage), I feel like I preferred the first one for whatever reason. This one is definitely worth playing and if you enjoyed the first one I can't see any reason that you won't enjoy this one.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#7YahDunnSonPosted 10/3/2012 2:43:32 PM
No, you did not waste your money. The true value of this game comes in its replay value, in the lottery odds, (they get much better, I once got a Vault Symbol Jackpot in fact) and in playing with other people! Sure you beat it once, by the end you might have seen some cool guns, some funny people (I find Tiny Tina hilarious). But until you've played twice, possibly in true vault hunter mode, possibly not, and with different characters, you have yet to experience the full value of this game, sir....in my humble opinion . Good Luck
---
PSN : YahDunnSon
#8VrindlvinePosted 10/3/2012 2:45:53 PM
Wait for dlc. Hopefull well get some weapon dlc to fix the one issue with this game.
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#9Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/3/2012 2:48:21 PM
Did I read OP wrong or did TC kind of imply that in BL1 guns didn't suck at level 5 and that the quests weren't all the same thing over and over again?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#10iiTryhard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:01:04 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
Did I read OP wrong or did TC kind of imply that in BL1 guns didn't suck at level 5 and that the quests weren't all the same thing over and over again?

My point was that, the quests were NEW in Borderlands 1, even if they were just fetch quests per se. BL2 shouldn't have the same thing, since it feels like you are playing the same game. I'll probably keep trying to play a little each day. The problem is, this game is a Co-Op and my main co-op buddy has a rigorous school schedule and it is hard to play together,
---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg