Question regarding shield capacity % increases

#1TheUndeadCrowPosted 10/3/2012 4:40:42 PM
I've been messing around with the Tortoise shield and despite having various things that raise my shield capacity by a combined total of 65.4% it's only giving me about an extra 20,000 capacity on a shield that's normal capacity is little more than 160,000. That's only a 12.5% increase right? Now either I'm absolutely horrible with math or something is wrong. What's going on here?
#2InfamousCarlPosted 10/3/2012 4:44:46 PM
I saw in another topic that shields most likely have a hidden base value. The numbers we see on them are counting a bonus, kinda like when we couldn't see all the text on something in BL1.

Any badass ranks or skills that add to your shield go off that hidden base value instead of what you see
#3TheUndeadCrow(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 4:49:52 PM
Wow, that's really stupid. That makes raising shield capacity almost pointless, but at least now I know not to waste any more tokens on raising my shield capacity. Thanks.
#4SuperFlikPosted 10/3/2012 4:53:35 PM
InfamousCarl posted...
I saw in another topic that shields most likely have a hidden base value. The numbers we see on them are counting a bonus, kinda like when we couldn't see all the text on something in BL1.

Any badass ranks or skills that add to your shield go off that hidden base value instead of what you see

Based on that then, disabling the Badass Rank Bonus Points would lower the capacity of the shield
---
Zelos Wilder: "Demon Fang! Demon Fang! Demon Fang!
Damn, I must be a genius! Double Demon Fang!"