Best Legendary Shield? ( no bee )

#1velvet_hammerPosted 10/3/2012 10:19:12 PM
Trying to find a good overall shield.. I have a few purples I like but I wanna try Legendary ones.. The few I have seen like the sham arnt very good for overall shields.. I heard Blue drops a good one but it makes you walk slow, how slow though?
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#2Vademon86Posted 10/3/2012 10:34:05 PM
Neogenator is the best non-bee shield. While active it regens health, when the shield takes damage you regen health faster, and it boosts your max health.

The shield that blue drops is the Fabled Tortoise. At level 50 it has around 166,000 capacity though you lose something like 20,000 health and you move slowly.

If you want a damage shield go with Hide of Terramorphous.

It has highish capacity, deals roid damage when depleted, releases a fire nova when depleted, and deals fire spike damage to melee attackers.
---
i just licked some guys ass - x23sephiroth23x
#3velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 10:40:13 PM
I tried farming the Neo, will continue till I get it.. How slow do you move with blues? does it say? that capacity is stupid high lol.. I had a Terra shield but its cap and recharge rates delay sucked
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#4Vademon86Posted 10/3/2012 10:57:28 PM(edited)
I have it but haven't equipped it yet. The red text says win by a hare. So I'm guessing you move as slow as a turtle. It's other ability is when the shield is depleted you move faster(I'm guessing faster than a non FT vault hunter speed). Though it would take forever for it to deplete.
---
i just licked some guys ass - x23sephiroth23x
#5pastaman2232Posted 10/3/2012 11:01:23 PM
Honestly, a lot of the purple shields I've found are better than legendary shields. 1.3 second recharge delay and 25k recharge rate with 20k capacity > mediocre effects from the legendary shields. High capacity is good if you don't want to get bursted down by a boss or something, but otherwise no.

The neogenetor and the sham are pretty good legendary shields though. Neogenetar is the only shield I know of to give health regen, and the sham absorbs around 80% of bullets, basically increasing your shield capacity and health by 80%.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/ap9bn.jpg
#6Frost WolfPosted 10/3/2012 11:06:16 PM
My Roomy got Whiskey Tango Foxtrot today and I've been running around with the Bee. They work rather well together. W.T.F drops shield boosters that in turn thrown out small electricity bombs.
---
,,,,^..^,,,,
I Kill Topics.
#7cee_jay83Posted 10/3/2012 11:16:41 PM
Frost Wolf posted...
My Roomy got Whiskey Tango Foxtrot today and I've been running around with the Bee. They work rather well together. W.T.F drops shield boosters that in turn thrown out small electricity bombs.

Yea but they can kill you also. Couldn't use it because of that
#8jerichoswallPosted 10/4/2012 12:15:33 AM
i wonder if you have both the fabled tortoise and the bane equiped if you can move at all
---
GT= Jerichoswa11
#9zUkUuPosted 10/4/2012 12:17:39 AM
The Sham for bullet enemies. otherwise a generic purpe Shield with mediocre capacity but hella recharge speed and low delay.