Is there any other game where cheating is as common as in BL2?

#11EVE6 FANPosted 10/4/2012 3:24:57 PM
tzar_666 posted...
its only cheating if yer playing against other people.

What? No.

If you're playing Contra alone and put in the CHEAT code, even if you're playing by yourself you're cheating.
#12Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 10/4/2012 3:25:31 PM
I think it's a bit of a stretch to say every online game ever, not all exploits found are equally broken.

That said, this isn't the first time I've seen this situation. I doubt most here have played the original Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast, but that had rampant duping to the point it really did essentially ruin a lot of the online, mostly because of a weapon called the Spread Needle. It was this rifle that had the spread of a shotgun, but the fire-rate of a rifle, and it fired thousands of these little needles that did a ton of damage and also paralyzed (which essentially stopped enemies completely.). People would join your room with that stupid over-duped gun and essentially clear entire rooms of monsters by just standing at the door and firing in its remote direction. It got so bad that many including myself would just leave the room immediately the moment a spread-jerk would enter the room. Later versions fixed it, but that kinda cemented my view of duping in an online game forever.

It's not as bad as that in this game quite yet, although earlier was in a game where some tryhard came in talking like some experienced seen-it-all veteran, and when we fought Saturn to do the data mining quest he just did that half yawn tone and busted out his bee+cc like "don't worry guys I'll take care of it".

Augh, it drives me nuts. lol
#13Deathx113Posted 10/4/2012 3:25:37 PM
What cheating?
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#14JManGTPosted 10/4/2012 3:29:22 PM
I've only seen one "debatable" case of cheating online. Only one.
Some zero was using a shotgun with what seemed like a million pellets as the entire enviroment got cluttered for a half second every time he shot it I thought maybe t was just a render glitch until I saw that it was coming from his gun and eating an eighth of bunkers health each shot while he was under leveled in TVHM. I just kicked him.
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#15Erupt50(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:29:55 PM
As far as the co-op argument goes I remember in mass effect 3 when players were glitching people cried about it until it was fixed and that was co-op. Cheating is cheating whether it's competitive or not.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#16eyeproPosted 10/4/2012 3:31:22 PM
Cheating in borderlands is akin to reading the cliff notes for a book that your checked out from the library for pleasure reading. Nothing more.
---
Gamertag: ipro
http://imgur.com/cUt3c 45-5 TDM come at me
#17Mander1861Posted 10/4/2012 3:31:53 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
All the stuff he said is considered cheating, maybe you need to go learn what cheating is....

Or not since you are as clueless as the TC.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster.
http://www.twitch.tv/bortron_buttsekks
#18WorldWarBeastPosted 10/4/2012 3:32:14 PM
EVE6 FAN posted...
tzar_666 posted...
its only cheating if yer playing against other people.

What? No.

If you're playing Contra alone and put in the CHEAT code, even if you're playing by yourself you're cheating.

Uh....yea.
Everyone plays their game differently, just like everyones opinion is different. You can think its cheating all you want, but until GB says its cheating, its not.
---
Wah Wah Wah aaaaaall the way home
#19PigfartsPosted 10/4/2012 3:32:33 PM
Socom conf and starcraft 1 come to mind...
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#20majorgalaxyPosted 10/4/2012 3:33:16 PM
the only game that has MORE hackers and cheaters is the pc free to play combat arms
---
The first was mike haggar
GT:MayorofEarth2