Is there any other game where cheating is as common as in BL2?

#101duericPosted 10/4/2012 4:30:30 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
Modern Warfare 2, within the first week 40% of players online had auto fire controllers, and aim mods.
I emphasize online because there are a lot of people that play the game and in reality it is probably like 5% overall.

You wanna see online cheating? Play Gears 3. Modded controllers everywhere. Even some of the most well known players are nothing but scumbag cheaters.

The only difference between that type of cheating and the type in this game is, that cheating is truly sad and pathetic because of all the people lying to themselves.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#102BarneyBoscoPosted 10/4/2012 4:31:55 PM
Until the cheating is fixed, to me this game is purely a single player & split screen experience. I'm glad I passed on the season pass. The next game will be a used copy, as the online component has been ruined. IMO.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#103duericPosted 10/4/2012 4:34:16 PM
BarneyBosco posted...
Until the cheating is fixed, to me this game is purely a single player & split screen experience. I'm glad I passed on the season pass. The next game will be a used copy, as the online component has been ruined. IMO.

Drama alert.

The DLC will be able to be played single player too.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#104ProzacStylingsPosted 10/4/2012 4:43:31 PM
dueric posted...
BarneyBosco posted...

Drama alert.

The DLC will be able to be played single player too.

No one said it wouldn't be able to.

People said they would like to be able to enjoy this game in a multiplayer fashion, but that the rampant cheating has ruined that for them, so they are limited to single player, unfortunately. It is a common opinion, for reasons I outlined in my first post here.

If your response to that is "no it's not, your multiplayer experience is fine", you obviously don't understand how opinions and personal experience works.

If your response to that is "I don't care, I'm cheating in multiplayer anyway," that just makes you a jerk.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#105duericPosted 10/4/2012 4:47:08 PM(edited)
ProzacStylings posted...

People said they would like to be able to enjoy this game in a multiplayer fashion, but that the rampant cheating has ruined that for them, so they are limited to single player, unfortunately. It is a common opinion, for reasons I outlined in my first post here.

If your response to that is "no it's not, your multiplayer experience is fine", you obviously don't understand how opinions and personal experience works.

If your response to that is "I don't care, I'm cheating in multiplayer anyway," that just makes you a jerk.

How are they limited to single player because of duping?

And it's kind of weird that you prerebutted. It's almost like you're trying to "cheat" my opinion into matching yours.
---
#106SinisterSynPosted 10/4/2012 4:52:59 PM
ProzacStylings posted...
openfist posted...
Regarding the practice of duping...I'm hosting a co op game, party kills a boss that drops a legendary gun that is extremely hard to get and everyone needs/wants the gun. I'm duping it and how exactly does that affect anyone else playing this game?

The value of items in the game are largely impacted by the rarity of them. If that boss dropped 4 of _____ every time he was killed, _____ would be much less impressive to have, and the feeling of accomplishment in finding one would be much smaller.

Every time you dupe ____, it makes it less important in a public sense when someone who happens to enjoy multiplayer, finds ____ legitimately.

This is basic, common sense. It's why any game with officially endorsed cheat codes, of the contra variety, largely disables them in any multiplayer capacity.

Do what you want in single player. When you cheat, exploit, and otherwise circumvent the designer's game design intention, in a multiplayer format, you're ruining the game experience for some of the other players that wanted a legitimate, long-lasting multiplayer experience.

Lol @ all the contrived delusions and developer-hearsay people are attempting to invent, to feel like less of a jackass for short-circuiting the game's entertainment value for other people, with cheats and exploits.

WTF? "less important in a public sense"?? Why are you so worried about where or how someone obtained an item that you just happen to come across online? If it's not modded/hacked in any way, what's it to you? I'm still not seeing how him having _____ equipment affects your game. If you find out that they dupe and want to leave, then fine, your choice. But the weapon is a weapon that was generated by the game, it's not something they created and implanted into the game from an outside source.

For all you know, EVERY legendary weapon you've seen on X amount of players you've played with in the past week have been the result of duping. You didn't know how they were obtained, yet it's obvious that they are a genuine BL2 generated weapon. How did that affect your playthroughs by any chance? Oh right, it didn't. It didn't break the game to the point where no one died and every enemy you came across died in one shot. If said weapon is overpowered, then it's just overpowered and came that way. Even better, you usually don't even really know the exact weapon the other players are using in this game unless you ask, have them drop to view the stat card or stare the gun up and down identifying parts.

So I'm intrigued, how should everyone else in the world play this game, exactly? Should they all just go farm _____ boss 100+ times if necessary and come up empty every single time until they finally find what they are looking for? Should they keep quitting/reloading the game until the right object shows up randomly in a chest? And what's the limitations on cheating for you? Is farming not cheating or the "wrong" way to play the game? Many find that just simply farming chests over and over again shouldn't be how the is played and players should just go through it and hope to find it during normal traveling. Is farming vending machines not cool? Do you not agree with these?

Either way it goes, they shouldn't care what people do in their game and despite what you are saying, duping seriously has no effect on your entertainment value since you can usually not know it's taken place. And if it's that bad and it's been like this since the first game, then you may need to consider switching games if it bothers you so much. But then again, I guess you have the right to play whatever you want to play, eh?
---
GT: ChronoAssassin
#107BlyrPosted 10/4/2012 4:53:21 PM
Digit4lc0py posted...
Lol you guys can call it whatever you like. I have a sneakin suspicion the majority of the people who care about copying weapons or keys are nowhere near level 50. Those who are and still care, why in earth would you want to fight a boss 3-400 times for a chance of one orange drop? I've had exceptional luck with drop rates and it's still boring playing these chumps over and over again.

I'd much rather ask someone for a volcano, give them the conf call I earned, and go mow down hoardes of actual enemies. Killing bosses takes 2 minutes

Aren't you the guy who was crying over how hard terra is? lol.
---
Does it scare anybody else that the only metric Americans know, has to do with weapons? -Rampagingwalrus
#108ProzacStylingsPosted 10/4/2012 4:53:28 PM
dueric posted...
ProzacStylings posted...

And it's kind of weird that you prerebutted. It's almost like you're trying to "cheat" my opinion into matching yours.

ProzacStylings posted...
It is a common opinion, for reasons I outlined in my fIrst post here.

You'd be a much better troll if you worked on your reading comprehension.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#109duericPosted 10/4/2012 5:00:32 PM
ProzacStylings posted...
dueric posted...
ProzacStylings posted...

ProzacStylings posted...
It is a common opinion, for reasons I outlined in my fIrst post here.

You'd be a much better troll if you worked on your reading comprehension.

HA!!! No way. You reading comprehensioned me and called me a troll all while invoking an opinion related post?

Dude, have another glass of internet cliche. You look parched. LOL
---
#110ProzacStylingsPosted 10/4/2012 5:09:37 PM
SinisterSyn posted...
ProzacStylings posted...
openfist posted...
snip

WTF? "less important in a public sense"?? Why are you so worried about where or how someone obtained an item that you just happen to come across online? If it's not modded/hacked in any way, what's it to you? I'm still not seeing how him having _____ equipment affects your game. If you find out that they dupe and want to leave, then fine, your choice. But the weapon is a weapon that was generated by the game, it's not something they created and implanted into the game from an outside source.

For all you know, EVERY legendary weapon you've seen on X amount of players you've played with in the past week have been the result of duping. You didn't know how they were obtained, yet it's obvious that they are a genuine BL2 generated weapon. How did that affect your playthroughs by any chance? Oh right, it didn't. It didn't break the game to the point where no one died and every enemy you came across died in one shot. If said weapon is overpowered, then it's just overpowered and came that way. Even better, you usually don't even really know the exact weapon the other players are using in this game unless you ask, have them drop to view the stat card or stare the gun up and down identifying parts.

So I'm intrigued, how should everyone else in the world play this game, exactly? Should they all just go farm _____ boss 100+ times if necessary and come up empty every single time until they finally find what they are looking for? Should they keep quitting/reloading the game until the right object shows up randomly in a chest? And what's the limitations on cheating for you? Is farming not cheating or the "wrong" way to play the game? Many find that just simply farming chests over and over again shouldn't be how the is played and players should just go through it and hope to find it during normal traveling. Is farming vending machines not cool? Do you not agree with these?

Either way it goes, they shouldn't care what people do in their game and despite what you are saying, duping seriously has no effect on your entertainment value since you can usually not know it's taken place. And if it's that bad and it's been like this since the first game, then you may need to consider switching games if it bothers you so much. But then again, I guess you have the right to play whatever you want to play, eh?

"I usually don't know it's taking place" is an ignorant comment, in this case.

I know duping has never affected my game. I don't play in online public games. I play with a small selection of real life friends, all of whom also don't play in the exploit-ridden online community for this game.

That's a choice I've made, which I wish I wasn't forced to make, to maintain the gameplay lifespan that rare loot drops create.

Yes, some people would like to farm bosses for their loot. Yes, that was the designer's obvious intention, when they decided X boss drops X weapon X percent of the time. When you can say "Yo, anyone have ___? I need one, for free plz", then ____ is officially worthless.

These desires, and laments of the results of cheating, are a common opinion, as expressed multiple times by multiple people in this thread alone.

Many find that just simply farming chests over and over again shouldn't be how the is played and players should just go through it and hope to find it during normal traveling.

is not. Lol.
---
Quoth the server, "404"