Is there any other game where cheating is as common as in BL2?

#111WorldWarBeastPosted 10/4/2012 6:14:10 PM
BarneyBosco posted...
Until the cheating is fixed, to me this game is purely a single player & split screen experience. I'm glad I passed on the season pass. The next game will be a used copy, as the online component has been ruined. IMO.

Read Signature below
vvvvvvvvv
---
Wah Wah Wah aaaaaall the way home
#112Devil_wings00Posted 10/4/2012 6:16:36 PM
It's not competitive and remember these crazy things called cheat codes back in the day? Would you b***h about that to? I remember in ME2 there was a glitch that let you get all the powers from one level....how did that hurt anyone? This is online but the cheating doesn't really disrupt anyone else your playing with so I really don't care what people do with there own copy of the game. If it was a competitive multi-player game then yes that would be a problem but it isn't so who cares if people have fun cheating...it's how they have fun so I'm not going to tell them there wrong.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#113ProzacStylingsPosted 10/4/2012 6:18:01 PM
dueric posted...
ProzacStylings posted...
dueric posted...
ProzacStylings posted...

No one said it wouldn't be able to.

People said they would like to be able to enjoy this game in a multiplayer fashion, but that the rampant cheating has ruined that for them, so they are limited to single player, unfortunately. It is a common opinion, for reasons I outlined in my first post here.

If your response to that is "no it's not, your multiplayer experience is fine", you obviously don't understand how opinions and personal experience works.

If your response to that is "I don't care, I'm cheating in multiplayer anyway," that just makes you a jerk.

How are they limited to single player because of duping?

And it's kind of weird that you prerebutted. It's almost like you're trying to "cheat" my opinion into matching yours.

ProzacStylings posted...
It is a common opinion, for reasons I outlined in my fIrst post here.

You'd be a much better troll if you worked on your reading comprehension.

HA!!! No way. You reading comprehensioned me and called me a troll all while invoking an opinion related post?

Dude, have another glass of internet cliche. You look parched. LOL

Do you read what you type before you submit it? Honestly curious. You don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about.

I said, "Many people feel that cheating has ruined the online experience, and as such, are limited to single player."

You said, "How are they limited?"

I said, "... see above. Your reading comprehension is pretty bad."

You said, "Lol! Reading comprehension! But you referenced an opinion!"

I, think we're done here. Either you're attempting to say their opinion of multiplayer being ruined because of this is incorrect(lol incorrect opinion), or that you don't care if your actions in game negatively affect them. In either case, the world would be better off without you.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#114Devil_wings00Posted 10/4/2012 6:25:51 PM
Yes it cheating...cheating that in no way affects anyone but you. Do you find it fun? Then have at it. You don't? then don't do it. All simple really.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#115BobbyCreekPosted 10/4/2012 6:38:41 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
Yes it cheating...cheating that in no way affects anyone but you. Do you find it fun? Then have at it. You don't? then don't do it. All simple really.

This is true, but dupers can't even admit that they're cheating so it doesn't matter
#116LesserAngelPosted 10/4/2012 6:41:08 PM
I miss my Game Genie (top loading NES doesn't support it.) But anyways, if you've ever played a FPS on PC online, chances are you've encountered quite a few cheaters.
#117Erupt50(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 6:44:01 PM
LesserAngel posted...
I miss my Game Genie (top loading NES doesn't support it.) But anyways, if you've ever played a FPS on PC online, chances are you've encountered quite a few cheaters.

Yes but cheaters in those type of games are ridiculed. Whereas in borderlands it's perfectly normal to use every exploit available.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#118duericPosted 10/4/2012 6:44:30 PM
ProzacStylings posted...

Do you read what you type before you submit it? Honestly curious. You don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about.

I said, "Many people feel that cheating has ruined the online experience, and as such, are limited to single player."

You said, "How are they limited?"

I said, "... see above. Your reading comprehension is pretty bad."

You said, "Lol! Reading comprehension! But you referenced an opinion!"

I, think we're done here. Either you're attempting to say their opinion of multiplayer being ruined because of this is incorrect(lol incorrect opinion), or that you don't care if your actions in game negatively affect them. In either case, the world would be better off without you.

Stop it with the cliche replies. (I think we're done"? Seriously?) I invented that s***. And you know what I learned being that guy? It's so lame. But, since you're so eager to "discuss" this issue.

You still never said why it limits people to single player or HOW it negatively affects them, or HOW it ruins it for them. All you did was say "popular opinion suggests".

Online is not ruined. Seriously. Stop being so dramatic. You're not fighting each other, so who cares what the other dude has?

Is it jealousy? Or are some people just so ****ing narcissistic to think that their veiled attempts at "protest" are somehow relevant in any way? My guess? No. It just sounds cool on a message board to have a "moral higher standing" because it creates replies.

Besides, if you have friends, none of that is an issue anyway. I mean, I don't know about you, but playing with friends is always fun no matter what the circumstances.

That my opinion. And quite frankly, I like it. Especially by how specific it gets. Nobody should have any problem understanding it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#119BarneyBoscoPosted 10/4/2012 6:47:01 PM
Wow dueric, I posted my opinion then you reply about how the DLC can be played single player (which is common knowledge and has no bearing on my post about online cheating) then move on to attack others about their reading comprehension in true troll fashion, nice.

Also one post stating ones opinion is now considered crying? Try to be more mature when posting thanks.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#120duericPosted 10/4/2012 6:48:45 PM
BarneyBosco posted...
Wow dueric, I posted my opinion then you reply about how the DLC can be played single player (which is common knowledge and has no bearing on my post about online cheating) then move on to attack others about their reading comprehension in true troll fashion, nice.

Also one post stating ones opinion is now considered crying? Try to be more mature when posting thanks.

Is this a gift from the comedy Mt. Olympus? Because my birthday isn't for another few weeks.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member