Is there any other game where cheating is as common as in BL2?

#141IntranPosted 10/6/2012 3:00:10 AM
You ever hear of a little game series called The Elder Scrolls? lol
---
GT - Intranquill
PSN - Lawlerftw
#142ProzacStylingsPosted 10/6/2012 3:09:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#143pennywise666Posted 10/6/2012 3:36:56 AM(edited)
Dead island was almost as bad...
Same concept, no versus...And to add to the general acceptation of the cheating, most hacked weapons were giving multiple "elements" for more gory zombie killing...
---
Not removing this sig till Quebec City get a NHL team!
Does anybody knows who's sleeping with whom around here?
#144LoveFreakFlonnePosted 10/6/2012 3:32:11 AM
Bhellium posted...
lol cheating at Borderlands

that's like calling modding a Bethesda game unethical

I think modding a bethesda game is unethical... its unethical of bethesda that they need player made mods to get the game to function...

(c wut I did there?)
---
I'm just a dirty little pop song, that keeps running through your brain. And even though you know its so wrong you're gonna love going insane.
#145vigorm0rtisPosted 10/6/2012 3:46:37 AM
ProzacStylings posted...

Elder Scrolls is entirely single player.

If borderlands had no multiplayer option, nobody would care if you duped or what have you.

I can only assume you've never been to a ES board, ever. People have this very same debate about using smithing/enchanting/alchemy to make game breaking weapons and armor, spells, etc.

That said, I don't bother fussing around with that in those games or duping in this one, but I don't care. I'm unlikely to play with someone who does, but not out of some stance against it, I just likely wouldn't contribute much to play.
---
"Haters should work more to appreciate leisure." --QCTeamkill
#146ProzacStylingsPosted 10/6/2012 3:51:59 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
ProzacStylings posted...

Elder Scrolls is entirely single player.

If borderlands had no multiplayer option, nobody would care if you duped or what have you.

I can only assume you've never been to a ES board, ever. People have this very same debate about using smithing/enchanting/alchemy to make game breaking weapons and armor, spells, etc.

That said, I don't bother fussing around with that in those games or duping in this one, but I don't care. I'm unlikely to play with someone who does, but not out of some stance against it, I just likely wouldn't contribute much to play.

If by this very same debate, you mean 1/10th the size of this debate, sure.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#147BoxTheMuppetPosted 10/6/2012 3:57:20 AM
Ragnarok0220 posted...
My point was, HOW do you know what the intent of the dev's is/was? Unless you're a BL2 dev yourself TC, you cant speak for their intents anymore than i can speak for yours; in that logic i can say that you created this topic with the intent to troll, as opposed to asking a question or sparking a philosophical debate.

Im not saying that was your intent, im not you, so i cant speak for your intentions, just as you cant speak for the intentions of someone who you have never met.

I hope someone is seeing what im saying here, its SOOOOO easy to dupe items, and it was a big thing in the first one too, do you think that if the dev's really wanted to keep duping out they couldn't have done it? Or at least made it harder? The loot in this game is the only thing that isnt shared, otherwise this game is THE most co-op friendly game in current memory. Why couldnt it be the intent that for those who wanted to share their loot to be able to do so, but without making it a mandatory thing?

Logic?!? Why don't you take your rational thinking and your well thought out ideas and get off of this thread? We don't take kindly to "you people" around here.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#148vigorm0rtisPosted 10/6/2012 3:58:34 AM
ProzacStylings posted...

If by this very same debate, you mean 1/10th the size of this debate, sure.

Not in the first couple weeks of Skyrim (for instance, I don't remember the boards for earlier games that specifically). People carried on about it endlessly, some about having weapons with 3000 damage, others claiming it was cheating, some glitching the OI to get to level 80, same claim about cheats...

To a point, I do agree with you. I was playing BL with a friend's kid and he had this ridiculous modded gun-- he had no idea how to make one, neither did his friends. He just got it from a random person he'd played with. These duped weapons will spread like the freaking clap and eventually won't be special or interesting at all. I only play with friends, so the community is free to piss in their own well if they want, but how many of them think that far ahead?
---
#149Erupt50(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 4:50:00 AM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Ragnarok0220 posted...
My point was, HOW do you know what the intent of the dev's is/was? Unless you're a BL2 dev yourself TC, you cant speak for their intents anymore than i can speak for yours; in that logic i can say that you created this topic with the intent to troll, as opposed to asking a question or sparking a philosophical debate.

Im not saying that was your intent, im not you, so i cant speak for your intentions, just as you cant speak for the intentions of someone who you have never met.

I hope someone is seeing what im saying here, its SOOOOO easy to dupe items, and it was a big thing in the first one too, do you think that if the dev's really wanted to keep duping out they couldn't have done it? Or at least made it harder? The loot in this game is the only thing that isnt shared, otherwise this game is THE most co-op friendly game in current memory. Why couldnt it be the intent that for those who wanted to share their loot to be able to do so, but without making it a mandatory thing?

Logic?!? Why don't you take your rational thinking and your well thought out ideas and get off of this thread? We don't take kindly to "you people" around here.

Riiiiiiight....cause obviously the "logical" way of thinking is believing that the devs intended for there to be cheating in their game. Definitely logical.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#150vigorm0rtisPosted 10/6/2012 4:56:26 AM
Erupt50 posted...

Riiiiiiight....cause obviously the "logical" way of thinking is believing that the devs intended for there to be cheating in their game. Definitely logical.

Well, unless you think the devs are stupid, then I think they probably intended to allow it. Not only is duping easy in this game, it would be relatively easy to prevent, but they didn't bother. This isn't the kind of oversight a company makes casually. Something like, say, quickscoping in CoD, that was probably an oversight, but a lot of the community liked it, so IW kept it.
---