Is there any other game where cheating is as common as in BL2?

#151Cryptochid5000Posted 10/6/2012 5:38:55 AM
It's worse in Dark Souls and that's co-op and PVP.
Dudes with infinite health who can't be damaged at all and when they kill you? they taunt you.
---
"Shame on us and all we have done and all we ever were just zero's and one's"
NiN Zero Sum
#152chandarathPosted 10/6/2012 6:24:02 AM
eyepro posted...
Cheating in borderlands is akin to reading the cliff notes for a book that your checked out from the library for pleasure reading. Nothing more.

This is the only thing worth reading in this topic.
---
Promoting peace and love between ALL systems since 2006
#153Charging_ZebraPosted 10/6/2012 6:29:44 AM
TF2 on PS3.
So many glitches that will never get fixed because almost nobody plays it.
#154SinisterSynPosted 10/6/2012 11:22:10 AM
KLOUDrocks posted...
SinisterSyn posted...
But if you truly stay within your "100% honesty" bubble and have NEVER done anything in this or any game what wasn't intended by the devs, then great for you, really. Like use a glitched safe spot to take out a powerful foe/recover in peace, glitched the armory for unlimited time, utilized Moxxi's round skips/low level host tricks, hopped over random objects to get to a certain place that wasn't on the main path or an obvious or intended setup to reach a location/object, etc.

You almost make it seem as if you think it nigh impossible for someone to have not done at least one of those things. I haven't done any of them. Just sayin'...

Just listing examples of this game, since this is the topic of discussion. That's not including any other games people have played. So, yes, it's a lot less likely if you put it on a scale of every single game these particular people have ever played. It's possible to have been 100% "clean", but statistically, not really as reasonable to think so. It may not have been cheating along the lines of these, but in some form or another.

In a way, people who use outside sources to find the solution to puzzles and Q&A's are doing some form of cheating, even if it's miniscule in nature. If we go by the logic of the people in this topic, the developers didn't intend for people to do things like duping, so therefore, no one should do it. If you just skip to the solution without solving it for yourself, then is that not "cheating"? You didn't figure it out on your own, you went straight for the teacher's manual answer and then got it right.

So if people who create puzzles of any kind, whether it be in video games or the daily crossword puzzle in the paper, design them with the notion that people would solve them on their own without going for the answer key to get around it, then is that not going against their expectations? Is it not fair that you jumped right to the answer but others had to toil away endlessly until they figured it out legitimately?

Bottom line, people like to believe that they are all high and mighty and don't realize that they too demonstrate some form of the same thing that they are so highly against and are extremely hypocritical and love to overreact to things that they have no business being so against, if they are indeed guilty of the same thing and are not exactly as innocent as they think that they are. Like I said, if you truly are 5000% pure when it comes to any form of cheating, then I truly do admire you. .....but I'm more of a realist than an extreme optimist, so I won't hold my breath.
---
GT: ChronoAssassin
#155ProzacStylingsPosted 10/6/2012 4:20:11 PM
chandarath posted...
eyepro posted...
Cheating in borderlands is akin to reading the cliff notes for a book that your checked out from the library for pleasure reading and then telling those cliffnotes to other people that haven't finished reading it. Nothing more.

This is the only thing worth reading in this topic.

Fixed that for you gaiz.
---
Quoth the server, "404"