Is there any other game where cheating is as common as in BL2?

#21tzar_666Posted 10/4/2012 3:33:46 PM
i don't care. its like saying if we let gay marry it will destroy familys. or nazis riding dinosaurs.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#22R4NDOMGUYPosted 10/4/2012 3:34:32 PM
JManGT posted...
I've only seen one "debatable" case of cheating online. Only one.
Some zero was using a shotgun with what seemed like a million pellets as the entire enviroment got cluttered for a half second every time he shot it I thought maybe t was just a render glitch until I saw that it was coming from his gun and eating an eighth of bunkers health each shot while he was under leveled in TVHM. I just kicked him.

He was using the conference call + bee combo. It's pretty much like using a modded gun, it's just that strong.
---
GT: ExplosiveCrate
#23EVE6 FANPosted 10/4/2012 3:35:50 PM
WorldWarBeast posted...
EVE6 FAN posted...
tzar_666 posted...
its only cheating if yer playing against other people.

What? No.

If you're playing Contra alone and put in the CHEAT code, even if you're playing by yourself you're cheating.

Uh....yea.
Everyone plays their game differently, just like everyones opinion is different. You can think its cheating all you want, but until GB says its cheating, its not.

Dude, its called a f***ing CHEAT code. Probably the most famous CHEAT code of all time, even referred to as the konami CHEAT code for years.

And who or what is GB?
#24Erupt50(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:37:31 PM
Mander1861 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
All the stuff he said is considered cheating, maybe you need to go learn what cheating is....

Or not since you are as clueless as the TC.

This proves my point even more. Cheating is damn common in this game that most players aren't even considering it cheating. I think it's pretty obvious that duping guns, infinite golden keys, artificial leveling ect is cheating. It's common sense.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#25sheriff_ninjaPosted 10/4/2012 3:38:18 PM
Borderlands 1 lmao!!
---
XBL GT: Sherrif Ninja
My little teapot bloody and cut, here is my handle, here is my butt
#26CloakedNubPosted 10/4/2012 3:38:31 PM
majorgalaxy posted...
the only game that has MORE hackers and cheaters is the pc free to play combat arms

Bad comparison. CA is a competitive FPS. The main goal is to eliminate the opposing team, and win the game. Borderlands is a co-op game, where you play together to beat the environment. You can duel, but it's not required, it's not balanced, and it's not any main part of the game.

Cheating in Borderlands has almost zero effect on you. If someone is going around killing things too fast for you, then kick them. That's the only detriment that can be considered. Even then, it's way too easy to do that in this game atm without anything modded or duped.

FYI; power leveling isn't cheating. Duping? Sure, it's arguable, and is mostly considered a form of cheating. Power leveling is not.
#27Mander1861Posted 10/4/2012 3:39:08 PM
Erupt50 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
All the stuff he said is considered cheating, maybe you need to go learn what cheating is....

Or not since you are as clueless as the TC.

This proves my point even more. Cheating is damn common in this game that most players aren't even considering it cheating. I think it's pretty obvious that duping guns, infinite golden keys, artificial leveling ect is cheating. It's common sense.

Common sense.
The biggest oxymoron ever.
My buddy was eating lunch with a Dev from Gearbox the other day.
They know all about it and dont care.
Case closed.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster.
http://www.twitch.tv/bortron_buttsekks
#28OrgeLambartPosted 10/4/2012 3:40:26 PM
Cheating is getting an unfair advantage using a means that isn't possible while playing the normal game.

Umm duplication, infinite gold keys etc aren't possible in the normal game. I hate to say it but I'm going to call you a troll, nobody is that dense.

Also yes, cheating takes place in every game, if someone finds an unfair advantage they use it.

Even MMORPG"s which are some of the more difficult games to cheat on have cheats. Macroprograms and the likes.
#29Erupt50(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:40:39 PM
CloakedNub posted...
majorgalaxy posted...
the only game that has MORE hackers and cheaters is the pc free to play combat arms

Bad comparison. CA is a competitive FPS. The main goal is to eliminate the opposing team, and win the game. Borderlands is a co-op game, where you play together to beat the environment. You can duel, but it's not required, it's not balanced, and it's not any main part of the game.

Cheating in Borderlands has almost zero effect on you. If someone is going around killing things too fast for you, then kick them. That's the only detriment that can be considered. Even then, it's way too easy to do that in this game atm without anything modded or duped.

FYI; power leveling isn't cheating. Duping? Sure, it's arguable, and is mostly considered a form of cheating. Power leveling is not.

Power leveling by abusing a mission glitch is cheating and that's seems to be the most popular way now.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#30EVE6 FANPosted 10/4/2012 3:40:51 PM
I dont really see farming bosses as cheating. Just a faster way to grind. If they wanted to, they could probably take it out.

Duping guns and infinite keys? Most likely they will patch that, and thats how you know if its cheating or not. Of course, you'll always get those (cheaters) that will try to justify it and even say its not cheating, but thats just denial. Comes hand in hand with cheaters.