Is there any other game where cheating is as common as in BL2?

#31Mander1861Posted 10/4/2012 3:41:08 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
Cheating is getting an unfair advantage using a means that isn't possible while playing the normal game.

Umm duplication, infinite gold keys etc aren't possible in the normal game. I hate to say it but I'm going to call you a troll, nobody is that dense.

Also yes, cheating takes place in every game, if someone finds an unfair advantage they use it.

Even MMORPG"s which are some of the more difficult games to cheat on have cheats. Macroprograms and the likes.

But it does take place in the normal game.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster.
http://www.twitch.tv/bortron_buttsekks
#32CloakedNubPosted 10/4/2012 3:42:14 PM
Erupt50 posted...
CloakedNub posted...
majorgalaxy posted...
the only game that has MORE hackers and cheaters is the pc free to play combat arms

Bad comparison. CA is a competitive FPS. The main goal is to eliminate the opposing team, and win the game. Borderlands is a co-op game, where you play together to beat the environment. You can duel, but it's not required, it's not balanced, and it's not any main part of the game.

Cheating in Borderlands has almost zero effect on you. If someone is going around killing things too fast for you, then kick them. That's the only detriment that can be considered. Even then, it's way too easy to do that in this game atm without anything modded or duped.

FYI; power leveling isn't cheating. Duping? Sure, it's arguable, and is mostly considered a form of cheating. Power leveling is not.

Power leveling by abusing a mission glitch is cheating and that's seems to be the most popular way now.

It's not a glitch. You kill him, you fail the mission and have to restart. Again, not cheating.
#33Mander1861Posted 10/4/2012 3:42:43 PM
CloakedNub posted...
Erupt50 posted...
CloakedNub posted...
majorgalaxy posted...
the only game that has MORE hackers and cheaters is the pc free to play combat arms

Bad comparison. CA is a competitive FPS. The main goal is to eliminate the opposing team, and win the game. Borderlands is a co-op game, where you play together to beat the environment. You can duel, but it's not required, it's not balanced, and it's not any main part of the game.

Cheating in Borderlands has almost zero effect on you. If someone is going around killing things too fast for you, then kick them. That's the only detriment that can be considered. Even then, it's way too easy to do that in this game atm without anything modded or duped.

FYI; power leveling isn't cheating. Duping? Sure, it's arguable, and is mostly considered a form of cheating. Power leveling is not.

Power leveling by abusing a mission glitch is cheating and that's seems to be the most popular way now.

It's not a glitch. You kill him, you fail the mission and have to restart. Again, not cheating.

Logic owns another face.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster.
http://www.twitch.tv/bortron_buttsekks
#34R4NDOMGUYPosted 10/4/2012 3:43:44 PM
CloakedNub posted...
majorgalaxy posted...
Cheating in Borderlands has almost zero effect on you. If someone is going around killing things too fast for you, then kick them. That's the only detriment that can be considered.

Cheating did have a very big impact onnfellow players in BL1, ever heard about the famous Keep Your Insides Inside mission, or the bobblehead shields that took over whichever shield you were wearing and spat out even more shields? What about the Shredder Shredder shotguns that crashed your game every time they were fired?
---
GT: ExplosiveCrate
#35Erupt50(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:44:37 PM
CloakedNub posted...
Erupt50 posted...
CloakedNub posted...
majorgalaxy posted...

You really believe that or you just arguing for the sake of arguing?
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#36CloakedNubPosted 10/4/2012 3:46:31 PM(edited)
R4NDOMGUY posted...
CloakedNub posted...
majorgalaxy posted...
Cheating in Borderlands has almost zero effect on you. If someone is going around killing things too fast for you, then kick them. That's the only detriment that can be considered.

Cheating did have a very big impact onnfellow players in BL1, ever heard about the famous Keep Your Insides Inside mission, or the bobblehead shields that took over whichever shield you were wearing and spat out even more shields? What about the Shredder Shredder shotguns that crashed your game every time they were fired?

I should have specified BL2. But that's what this topic is about, so I didn't see the full need. And yes, I know of what happened in BL1.

Erupt50 posted...

You really believe that or you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

There's nothing to believe. There's multiple missions in this game that you can fail, and you have to restart. It's not a glitch. You're the one who's trying to make it so, and make it seem like your point has a larger impact.
#37KLOUDrocksPosted 10/4/2012 3:49:17 PM
CloakedNub posted...
majorgalaxy posted...

I don't think anyone here ever stated that power levelling is a form of cheating. Sure, it may take away from the challenge of the game, but it's not cheating. We know that.
#38BobbyCreekPosted 10/4/2012 3:50:53 PM
Basically all the dupers and cheaters just like to pretend it's not a big deal because you are not directly going against other human players. What they fail to realize is by cheating and duping you are basically ruining the whole point of the game which is to level up and collect cool guns normally. It's the immature child viewpoint of "why actually play the game the way it was intended when i can cheat and get all da godly gear in 30 seconds lolz"
#39WorldWarBeastPosted 10/4/2012 3:51:21 PM
Im not referencing your st#pid contra code, and if you want to compare 30 lives to me giving someone my CC and Bee, then by all all means, continue to compare an apple to an orange. So what if the guy didnt earn my gear, if hes going to farm, hes going to nees more then his purple shotty that does a whopping 5000 x 10, and consumes 3 ammo per shot.
Bring a valid arguement to the table if its not too much to ask.
Someone brought up an excellent point yesterday.
what if you and 3 of your farming buddies finally got the G4 head from vermi, or any head drop for that matter. How do you split a head drop 4 ways? you dont.
so....you farmed vermi for, lets say 5 hours, you guys got the gead, and only one of you walk away with it. I dont kno about you, but I would be heated if I didnt get what I was farming. Dont even tell me you would take the high road and farm all over again, and if you say the thought of duping it never crosses your mind, youre lying.
GB means Gear Box, the creators of your beloved game. Theres your clue, now "Catch a riiiiide!"
---
Wah Wah Wah aaaaaall the way home
#40OrgeLambartPosted 10/4/2012 3:59:10 PM(edited)
Power leveling isn't cheating, even if you use the glitch with Flesh Stick it's still not cheating.

Duplicating weapons and cash is flat out cheating no matter how you slice it.

I see nothing wrong with cheating in that way though.

BobbyCreek
Posted 10/4/2012 6:50:53 PM
message detail
quote" Basically all the dupers and cheaters just like to pretend it's not a big deal because you are not directly going against other human players. What they fail to realize is by cheating and duping you are basically ruining the whole point of the game which is to level up and collect cool guns normally. It's the immature child viewpoint of "why actually play the game the way it was intended when i can cheat and get all da godly gear in 30 seconds lolz"

I said it before and I'll say it again, Gearbox doesn't mind if you dupe gear, you dupe the same way in this game as you did in the last game, if they wanted to avoid it, they would have implemented a save feature after dropping or trading a weapon. You know, like they did with the gold chest.

They would have blocked you from making copies of your character.... you know like Fable 2 did.... so it's totally possible.

They don't care about duplication, they don't care about modding, it's been said numerous times over and over and over again they just flat out don't care, they want gamers to have fun, if getting all the best stuff makes the game fun for you then knock yourself out.

The only thing they do take measuers to keep from happening is modders who use glitches and other stuff to ruin other people's characters.