Is there any other game where cheating is as common as in BL2?

#41Mander1861Posted 10/4/2012 3:52:13 PM
Cloaked Nub just destroyed the TC
Threads closed.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster.
http://www.twitch.tv/bortron_buttsekks
#42Digit4lc0pyPosted 10/4/2012 3:54:33 PM
Lol you guys can call it whatever you like. I have a sneakin suspicion the majority of the people who care about copying weapons or keys are nowhere near level 50. Those who are and still care, why in earth would you want to fight a boss 3-400 times for a chance of one orange drop? I've had exceptional luck with drop rates and it's still boring playing these chumps over and over again.

I'd much rather ask someone for a volcano, give them the conf call I earned, and go mow down hoardes of actual enemies. Killing bosses takes 2 minutes
#43Mean_TreePosted 10/4/2012 3:54:52 PM
WorldWarBeast posted...
Im not referencing your st#pid contra code, and if you want to compare 30 lives to me giving someone my CC and Bee, then by all all means, continue to compare an apple to an orange. So what if the guy didnt earn my gear, if hes going to farm, hes going to nees more then his purple shotty that does a whopping 5000 x 10, and consumes 3 ammo per shot.
Bring a valid arguement to the table if its not too much to ask.
Someone brought up an excellent point yesterday.
what if you and 3 of your farming buddies finally got the G4 head from vermi, or any head drop for that matter. How do you split a head drop 4 ways? you dont.
so....you farmed vermi for, lets say 5 hours, you guys got the gead, and only one of you walk away with it. I dont kno about you, but I would be heated if I didnt get what I was farming. Dont even tell me you would take the high road and farm all over again, and if you say the thought of duping it never crosses your mind, youre lying.
GB means Gear Box, the creators of your beloved game. Theres your clue, now "Catch a riiiiide!"

I would gladly farm Verm again, but that's one of the aspects of this game I enjoy.
---
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1045/meantree.png - Thank you, Eulu.
#44Erupt50(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:56:46 PM
CloakedNub posted...
R4NDOMGUY posted...
CloakedNub posted...
majorgalaxy posted...
Cheating in Borderlands has almost zero effect on you. If someone is going around killing things too fast for you, then kick them. That's the only detriment that can be considered.

Cheating did have a very big impact onnfellow players in BL1, ever heard about the famous Keep Your Insides Inside mission, or the bobblehead shields that took over whichever shield you were wearing and spat out even more shields? What about the Shredder Shredder shotguns that crashed your game every time they were fired?

I should have specified BL2. But that's what this topic is about, so I didn't see the full need. And yes, I know of what happened in BL1.

Erupt50 posted...

You really believe that or you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

There's nothing to believe. There's multiple missions in this game that you can fail, and you have to restart. It's not a glitch. You're the one who's trying to make it so, and make it seem like your point has a larger impact.

Right cause failing the same mission over and over 100 times in a row is playing the game the way it was intended.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#45EVE6 FANPosted 10/4/2012 3:57:30 PM
WorldWarBeast posted...
Im not referencing your st#pid contra code, and if you want to compare 30 lives to me giving someone my CC and Bee, then by all all means, continue to compare an apple to an orange. So what if the guy didnt earn my gear, if hes going to farm, hes going to nees more then his purple shotty that does a whopping 5000 x 10, and consumes 3 ammo per shot.
Bring a valid arguement to the table if its not too much to ask.
Someone brought up an excellent point yesterday.
what if you and 3 of your farming buddies finally got the G4 head from vermi, or any head drop for that matter. How do you split a head drop 4 ways? you dont.
so....you farmed vermi for, lets say 5 hours, you guys got the gead, and only one of you walk away with it. I dont kno about you, but I would be heated if I didnt get what I was farming. Dont even tell me you would take the high road and farm all over again, and if you say the thought of duping it never crosses your mind, youre lying.
GB means Gear Box, the creators of your beloved game. Theres your clue, now "Catch a riiiiide!"

If you were supposed to split drops like that, they'd drop more. But they dont. You're changing the game to help you and your friends. It might not be FAIR, but its how the game is. And you're CHEATING because its faster and more convenient, its the very reason people cheat in anything; to give themselves an edge.

I wont say i havent thought about it. I actually joined a game last night and they were doing the flesh stick, so i stuck around for a few levels. But i wouldnt dupe weapons or use the infinite gold keys.

At least im not in denial. I dont see how anyone can say with a straight face that duping weapons isnt cheating. Plus your excuses just make it worse for you, because you're giving the EXACT reasons why you're cheating.

Just admit it guys. You're cheaters if you dupe weapons or use gold key glitches.
#46OPisBKPosted 10/4/2012 3:58:55 PM
Digit4lc0py posted...
Lol you guys can call it whatever you like. I have a sneakin suspicion the majority of the people who care about copying weapons or keys are nowhere near level 50. Those who are and still care, why in earth would you want to fight a boss 3-400 times for a chance of one orange drop? I've had exceptional luck with drop rates and it's still boring playing these chumps over and over again.

I'd much rather ask someone for a volcano, give them the conf call I earned, and go mow down hoardes of actual enemies. Killing bosses takes 2 minutes

I am willing to farm for days or months on end. Doesn't bother me.
---
Sometimes girls, kiss for fun.
#47aznghostbusterPosted 10/4/2012 3:59:39 PM
Erupt50 posted...
CloakedNub posted...
R4NDOMGUY posted...
CloakedNub posted...
majorgalaxy posted...
Cheating in Borderlands has almost zero effect on you. If someone is going around killing things too fast for you, then kick them. That's the only detriment that can be considered.

Cheating did have a very big impact onnfellow players in BL1, ever heard about the famous Keep Your Insides Inside mission, or the bobblehead shields that took over whichever shield you were wearing and spat out even more shields? What about the Shredder Shredder shotguns that crashed your game every time they were fired?

I should have specified BL2. But that's what this topic is about, so I didn't see the full need. And yes, I know of what happened in BL1.

Erupt50 posted...

You really believe that or you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

There's nothing to believe. There's multiple missions in this game that you can fail, and you have to restart. It's not a glitch. You're the one who's trying to make it so, and make it seem like your point has a larger impact.

Right cause failing the same mission over and over 100 times in a row is playing the game the way it was intended.

Right cause killing the same boss over and over 100 times in a row is playing the game the way it was intended.
---
GT: TheLoveFister
#48BobbyCreekPosted 10/4/2012 4:02:33 PM
aznghostbuster posted...

Right cause killing the same boss over and over 100 times in a row is playing the game the way it was intended.

actually yeah it is lol
#49WorldWarBeastPosted 10/4/2012 4:04:32 PM
And what you consider enjoyable, I consider a complete waste of time.
Bottom line, people dont enjoy the way I play, and I dont enjoy how others play. Theres is nothing wrong with that at all.
I mean, WTF are you cry babies going to do when new DLC comes out and all your lvl 50 is obsolete? better yet....when the modders crack the code and start the Rose Rose Shredder Shredder BS?
Be grateful that something as small as duping and power leveling isnt as bad as the Mods from BL1 (Borderlands 1, since abbreviations had to be translated before).
Be extremely grateful.
---
Wah Wah Wah aaaaaall the way home
#50aznghostbusterPosted 10/4/2012 4:04:41 PM
BobbyCreek posted...
aznghostbuster posted...

actually yeah it is lol

My point was making an enemy spawn over and over isn't considered cheating lol
---
GT: TheLoveFister