Is there any other game where cheating is as common as in BL2?

#51Mander1861Posted 10/4/2012 3:05:09 PM
OPisBK posted...
Digit4lc0py posted...
Lol you guys can call it whatever you like. I have a sneakin suspicion the majority of the people who care about copying weapons or keys are nowhere near level 50. Those who are and still care, why in earth would you want to fight a boss 3-400 times for a chance of one orange drop? I've had exceptional luck with drop rates and it's still boring playing these chumps over and over again.

I'd much rather ask someone for a volcano, give them the conf call I earned, and go mow down hoardes of actual enemies. Killing bosses takes 2 minutes

I am willing to farm for days or months on end. Doesn't bother me.

Thats another way of saying I have nothing better to do in my life.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster.
http://www.twitch.tv/bortron_buttsekks
#52duericPosted 10/4/2012 3:05:33 PM
aznghostbuster posted...
BobbyCreek posted...
aznghostbuster posted...

Right cause killing the same boss over and over 100 times in a row is playing the game the way it was intended.

actually yeah it is lol

My point was making an enemy spawn over and over isn't considered cheating lol

It's actually encouraged on one of the loading screens.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#53aznghostbusterPosted 10/4/2012 3:09:31 PM
dueric posted...
aznghostbuster posted...
BobbyCreek posted...
aznghostbuster posted...

Right cause killing the same boss over and over 100 times in a row is playing the game the way it was intended.

actually yeah it is lol

My point was making an enemy spawn over and over isn't considered cheating lol

It's actually encouraged on one of the loading screens.

Calm yourselves, broskimos. I was just trying to lighten the mood. No harm intended here. :)
---
GT: TheLoveFister
#54OPisBKPosted 10/4/2012 3:12:48 PM
Mander1861 posted...
OPisBK posted...
Digit4lc0py posted...
Lol you guys can call it whatever you like. I have a sneakin suspicion the majority of the people who care about copying weapons or keys are nowhere near level 50. Those who are and still care, why in earth would you want to fight a boss 3-400 times for a chance of one orange drop? I've had exceptional luck with drop rates and it's still boring playing these chumps over and over again.

I'd much rather ask someone for a volcano, give them the conf call I earned, and go mow down hoardes of actual enemies. Killing bosses takes 2 minutes

Well its either that or continuously post on this site such as yourself with over 200 active messages.
---
Sometimes girls, kiss for fun.
#55Mander1861Posted 10/4/2012 3:13:35 PM
OPisBK posted...
Mander1861 posted...
OPisBK posted...
Digit4lc0py posted...

Well its either that or continuously post on this site such as yourself with over 200 active messages.

Posting at work is having no life?
How many fails can you make trying to argue with me?
---
#56SinisterSynPosted 10/4/2012 3:19:40 PM(edited)
BobbyCreek posted...
Basically all the dupers and cheaters just like to pretend it's not a big deal because you are not directly going against other human players. What they fail to realize is by cheating and duping you are basically ruining the whole point of the game which is to level up and collect cool guns normally. It's the immature child viewpoint of "why actually play the game the way it was intended when i can cheat and get all da godly gear in 30 seconds lolz"

I think the point of the game is to enjoy it. If people want to be overleveled and get good guns without having to constantly fight the same boss or check sets of chests over and over again until the RNG decides to be kind to you and drop it, then fine...it's their choice. If they choose to just casually play the game "normally" and come across it, then same deal. My question is, why do you even care and how does this effect you in ANY way what-so-ever? Like mentioned, it's not competitive in nature, so they aren't gaining an unfair edge over you when you're playing alongside them during missions (if you avoid duels, which is optional and not necessary). If you don't like to play the game that way, then you are entitled to do just that. Just as others are free to play as they want to. If it's not affecting anyone else, I don't see the big deal.

And if people want to share their weapons, which they originally obtained legit to begin with, then what is the big deal? Seriously? So they want to help other people out and still keep the item for themselves that they worked hard to get or just happened to luck up and get on the first try. Please ban them for life Gearbox, they are sinners! And if people have played the game enough to where they want to just power level a new character and try them out without going through everything else again to get them to 50. Oh no! Off with their heads!

If we go by your logic, then cheat codes should not exist at all, that way noone can ever cheat in any game ever, even though the developers actually put those in the game. GTA should only be played "by the book" and you are not allowed to have fun with the game by just causing all kind of anarchy with spawning tanks, helicopters, jet packs or whatever else you want to do to have fun in the game that you purchased, while not altering the outcome of anyone else's game in the process.

I'm all for people not cheating in competitive matches, since that makes it impossible or improbable for the opposing side to win and should be played "fairly" in the name of good sportsmanship. Unless, of course, it's agreed upon that all parties wish to make it anything goes and use exploits and cheats galore. Again, to have fun the way they all want. People can of course still choose to cheat in competitions, but that I completely understand the issue with, unlike people doing it to their own game. To speak to your last statement: It's the elitist, holier than thou viewpoint of "why doesn't everyone play the game the way I play MY game and just go from point A to point B and like it, I don't like people who think differently than I do lolz".
---
GT: ChronoAssassin
#57themagicpainmanPosted 10/4/2012 3:15:10 PM
I thought the way the game was intended to be played was the have fun. You know, that subjective thing people buy games for? At least, I think they do... These days it doesn't seem to be the case according the internet.

As long as you're having fun while not harming anyone else's experience, who cares? I'll admit duping is technically a glitch/cheating, but it's not an evil, harmful cheat or anything. Some people think farming bosses 100s of times is fun, some don't. Some people just prefer to get the good stuff quickly and mess around, some don't. Who cares? Hell, I get things by farming and what not, but dupe with friends when we're in a party together because we don't think it's really fair or fun for only 1 person to get the shiny new orange weapon everyone helped to find.

Bottom line: There's no intended way to play the damn game besides have fun.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg
Not changing this sig until Happy Trees Maokai is released. SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE.
#58duericPosted 10/4/2012 3:16:03 PM
OPisBK posted...

Eh. Making fun of someone on a videogame message board for how much time they spend on a videogame message board. While you are also on said videogame message board, is the same as punching Santa in the face and then complaining you didn't get anything good for Xmas.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#59WorldWarBeastPosted 10/4/2012 3:16:54 PM
Hacking gold keys isnt only cheating, its stealing IMO.
I dunno, maybe duping is cheating. But it wasnt that big of a deal for Gear Box to fix.
Heres my excuse for Duping.....Here it comes....I WANT WHAT YOU HAVE, and it just so happens that I have what you want too. Lets keep our stuff, but lets hook each other up.
Im always down to farm Vermi, but if I dont have the Gear I need to do so....Lets just say im not going to volunteer my time to die, many many times so you can ATEMPT to get you a Legendary CM.
But gimme my CC, a bee or a Hide, a good fire nade and a great classmod, Hell yea ill go farm with you and try to get you what you need But im not playing Pinata for Vermi, I plan on pinnin the tail on his ass!
---
Wah Wah Wah aaaaaall the way home
#60Mander1861Posted 10/4/2012 3:17:48 PM
dueric posted...
OPisBK posted...

Eh. Making fun of someone on a videogame message board for how much time they spend on a videogame message board. While you are also on said videogame message board, is the same as punching Santa in the face and then complaining you didn't get anything good for Xmas.

Ya but its fun to watch him think he has a comeback only to see it hindenburg every time.
---