Favourite grenade mechanic/effect

#1Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/4/2012 4:47:20 PM(edited)
What do you look for in a grenade? - Results (283 votes)
The most damage possible, I have no bias to any of the effects
6.71% (19 votes)
Longbow
6.01% (17 votes)
MIRV
15.55% (44 votes)
Bouncing Betty
3.53% (10 votes)
Transfusion
17.31% (49 votes)
1.06% (3 votes)
Rubberized
0% (0 votes)
Singularity
20.85% (59 votes)
Homing
13.78% (39 votes)
Area of Effect (Fire Burst/Tesla/Cloud)
15.19% (43 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Clearly some of the more complicated, mixed grenades will usually be the best... but is there one effect or mechanic in particular that you look out for?

I admit I'm becoming more and more attached to bouncing bettys.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#2KudZuPosted 10/4/2012 4:48:21 PM
Homing, because I'm lazy.
#3gtarockerPosted 10/4/2012 4:49:09 PM
Bouncing sticky MIRV or homing MIRV
---
Cheaters always deny its cheating
#4Unpure_Euphoria(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 4:53:59 PM
I was big into MIRVs before I started playing around with bouncing bettys. I currently have a firey bouncing betty mod which I can toss one or two into a room and watch them shoot all the enemies and set them on fire. The resulting red numbers flying off into the air is incredibly satisfying to watch. MIRVs can be insanely destructive, no doubt, but they explode, do big numbers and then everything is dead. Effective, certainly. I just find something about watching all those numbers fly much more satisfying though.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#5WHLTE_RLDERPosted 10/4/2012 4:54:44 PM
I'm not voting because, like you said there are a lot of effects...

I like a mix, and I'm quite picky about what I use.

Loving quazars with all my heart at the moment though.

I have a longbow quazar with 0.7 delay just now. They are awesome.

Longbow, tesla and singularity all in one nade...
And the singularity effect is powerful enough to litirally rip an ion loader out from under it's sheild along with all it's buddies.

Pure win.
---
GT: WHLTE RLDER
#6AceDiamondEXPosted 10/4/2012 5:01:03 PM
I was all about Transfusion grenades for the longest time. Then I found some sick Homing Tesla grenades, and have used them ever since. They help so much in TVHM, since everyone (almost) has shields. Stalkers fall quick as well.
---
R.I.P SsjStonerFour20... Keeping the other-side safe from the Zombies for the rest of eternity. Be there when I can man...XBL-Acediamondex
#7meteor6666Posted 10/4/2012 5:07:40 PM
I have a 50,000 x 10 grenade with a blast radius over 600 and fuse of about 0.6. It bounces everywhere like zero G but homes in on enemies.

Best grenade everrrrr
---
I have no friends.
#8R4NDOMGUYPosted 10/4/2012 5:11:09 PM
Continious damage grenades for the win. Spamming them always solve the problem, no matter what. Ultimate Badass Varkid? Fire spray. Ultimate Badass Constructor? Corrosive cloud (Or Pandemic, if possible). Tiimon? Tesla.
---
GT: ExplosiveCrate
#9zUkUuPosted 10/4/2012 5:12:52 PM
Long Bow Sticky
Homing Singularity/Sticky

only too options worth using imo.

also, double package makes any other grenade obsolete. it's clearly the best-in-slot item.
#10HighpitchsoloPosted 10/4/2012 5:14:22 PM
Huge fan of Homing Corrosive MIRV Transfusion myself. With the least fuse time as possible. Not only does the grenade home in and blow up, but then each child grenade also homes and then blows up with corrosive damage, and then heals me.
---
Stop taking exactly what I'm saying and repeating it as if its exactly what I said because it is. -Cryptospuridium