The Super Spoilers Topic (Seriously... Spoiler Alert!)

#1Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/4/2012 8:50:42 PM
So, whether you liked it or not, it's kind of hard to argue that Gearbox didn't put more effort into creating a more coherent and clear story experience this time around. Some of us are here for the guns and guts, but some of us appreciate the story too. With the extra emphasis on the story, what were some parts that you liked, didn't like, or perhaps caught you off guard? Was anything spoiled for you, on purpose or on accident? Discuss!

Overall, I enjoyed the extra emphasis on the story. I felt they did a really good job this time around of making it more interesting, without bogging down the action of the game. Was it cliché? Eh, maybe, in a sense I actually found the fact that you're searching for yet another vault to be quite funny, just another way that the game doesn't take itself too seriously. But they definitely threw in twists along the way. I mean, really... Angel working for Jack, then turning out to be his daughter? Didn't see it coming.

I actually had it spoiled for me that bloodwing died, but I didn't know how. When I got to the fight, I actually just assumed that you were going to be the one responsible for it. Then Jack blows its head up, and I was caught entirely off guard! (Yep! Even with Jack's dialogue throughout, I didn't see it coming!)
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#2korruptid239Posted 10/4/2012 8:54:29 PM
I also knew bloodwings death was coming, when jack was listing the elements i knew explosive would be last.....but i thought he would make bloodwing suicide bomb me or something.
#3DarquePosted 10/4/2012 8:58:38 PM
I had three things spoiled for me..... Bloodwing, Roland's death and Angel's death....

I have to admit, I was still kinda shocked at the delivery though.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#4RedBullWingsPosted 10/4/2012 8:58:49 PM
korruptid239 posted...
I also knew bloodwings death was coming, when jack was listing the elements i knew explosive would be last.....but i thought he would make bloodwing suicide bomb me or something.

I thought the exact same thing. I knew explosive was the fourth element (slag being the fifth), so I knew he was going blow up. I just figured that he would "pull the fuse" when I tried to get the information from the collar.
#5Unpure_Euphoria(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:03:14 PM
Another big part of Bloodwing's death, even though I knew it was coming, was Mordecai's reaction. Maaaaaan, I wanted to scream with him.
---
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#6MoxRavagerPosted 10/4/2012 9:05:44 PM
I swear they want to make pet lovers cry.

Bloodwing's death.
Earl crying over Scrappy
Bricks Dog being tortured.

The one that really made me sad was when I killed Phycho and his final words were.

"Mr. Skaggles... I can feel him... licking my face."
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
#7NailbombPosted 10/4/2012 9:13:31 PM
MoxRavager posted...
The one that really made me sad was when I killed Phycho and his final words were.

"Mr. Skaggles... I can feel him... licking my face."

Oh, that's nasty. Skags eat and poop out of the same hole.

Although having a better story than the first game isn't necessarily an accomplishment, I enjoyed it a lot. The only parts that really made me groan were just how obvious it was that when Watson(? Wilbur? Oh, who cares, the dude turned out to be a pushover anyway) drops his power core, was such an obvious trap. I also disliked pretty much every moment Tiny Tina opened her mouth.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#8zephrylPosted 10/4/2012 9:16:05 PM
I deliberately kept off the forums until I'd beaten Playthrough 1, specifically because of Spoilers.

But the Control Core Angel fight... man, I really felt for Jack through that. It was the first time you really see him as something other than a stereotypical, though hilarious, villain,

It's even more apparent in TVHM, you know it's coming so his minor freak-out as you're about to go down takes on new meaning.
---
Pokemon Black FC : 2279 6761 4204
http://goo.gl/CFfOU - My RNGed Pokemon list ||| Pawn Shop Jobs completed { 8 }, Topics { 5 }
#9Unpure_Euphoria(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:47:42 PM
But the Control Core Angel fight... man, I really felt for Jack through that. It was the first time you really see him as something other than a stereotypical, though hilarious, villain

That was very interesting to hear him talking like that. I didn't feel as bad after getting the ECHOs about Jack's past in the Arid Badlands though. What a jerk.
---
#10deadpool223Posted 10/4/2012 9:52:16 PM
the whole thing with angel was great, the bloodwing parts were sad as hell. earl mourning scrappy was sad. and bricks dog. jesus this game had lots of sad bits
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,