Is Helios worth it in TVHM?

#1BhelliumPosted 10/4/2012 11:00:06 PM
With or without Ruin? I'm not really loving it even on normal, and tossing singularity grenades (well, Quasars) to boot.

Does it scale well with level, or will it eventually lose what effectiveness it has?
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#2darkphiresagePosted 10/4/2012 11:03:55 PM
People use something other than mirv? o_O wouldn't give up my mirvs for anything.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#3Bhellium(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 11:06:46 PM
Can kill the hell out of you with Salvador, and the damage output/crowd control of a Quasar is not to be underestimated. Especially when you use it to group them all up and drop a Phaselock on them.

Not that I don't use them for bosses, it'd be silly not to for the larger ones.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#4R of The NestPosted 10/4/2012 11:09:20 PM
I'm not max level with Maya but I'd estimate that a Helios/Ruin/Converge combo would be devastating at any level. Hell, add Chain Reaction and maybe Blight Phoenix to the mix and you'll be laughing.

Playing Maya this way makes me feel like a villain rather than a hero. So much fun.
---
"Ha! No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale!"
- Wiegraf, Final Fantasy Tactics
#5zephrylPosted 10/4/2012 11:10:45 PM
R of The Nest posted...
I'm not max level with Maya but I'd estimate that a Helios/Ruin/Converge combo would be devastating at any level. Hell, add Chain Reaction and maybe Blight Phoenix to the mix and you'll be laughing.

Playing Maya this way makes me feel like a villain rather than a hero. So much fun.

Blight Phoenix is depressingly bad in TVHM unfortuantly.
---
Pokemon Black FC : 2279 6761 4204
http://goo.gl/CFfOU - My RNGed Pokemon list ||| Pawn Shop Jobs completed { 8 }, Topics { 5 }
#6R of The NestPosted 10/4/2012 11:16:42 PM
S'why I said maybe. Blight Phoenix is basically just for show.
---
"Ha! No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale!"
- Wiegraf, Final Fantasy Tactics
#7TheSocialBunnyPosted 10/4/2012 11:22:31 PM(edited)
With Helios, I've pretty much relied on it all the way end game Level 50 without ever really questioning it during Respec optimization, which is a lot more than I can say for a lot other skills in the Cataclysm Tree (ie. Immolate, Backdraft and Blight Phoenix which seem to only be useful if you play Maya in a kamikaze punch your enemies in the face kind of way). Pretty much any extra damage you can compound on top of Ruin is good damage and it helps to roast fleshies all the faster, especially with some of the Hyperion Personal end game that have tough shields but aren't armoured.

With Helios, it's also just a matter of the Binder and Fox mods tending to give bonuses to them as well and the fact that it's 2nd Tier counterpart Immolate seems to be only truly useful for players who make sucking a habit.