Anyone notice how many Dragon Ball Z voice actors are in Borderlands 2?

#21rct two rules 3Posted 10/4/2012 11:11:04 PM
Sick thread yoooo
---
Currently Playing: SC2, CS:GO, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, Marble Blast Ultra
Forever a Sone
#22RedBullWings(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 11:12:06 PM
McFazzer posted...
RedBullWings posted...
McFazzer posted...
RedBullWings posted...

Christopher Sabat

Various Bandits, InneundoBot 5000, Crimson Radio

Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha

Sabat ALSO did:
From IMDB

Vegeta/Piccolo/Yamcha/Kami/Mr. Popo/Jeice/Bubbles/Guru/Turtle/Korin/Zarbon/Burter/Recoome/Additional Voices/Moori/Porunga/Icarus/King Vegeta/Guardian/King Piccolo/Namekian/Namekian Warrior/Shenron/Subordinate/Elder Tsuno/Soldier/Underling A/Boat Jerk/Bystander/Captain/Civilian/Cool Guy/Fitness Trainer/Goz/Grandpa Gohan/Lesoy/Major Metallitron/Mez/Namakian/Nappa (Original)/News Anchor/Newscaster/Raditz (Original)/Reporter/Staff Officer Black/Terrified Man/Underling/Warrior/Zorn

Oh I know he did a ton of the voices. i didn't include everything for people who had more than 4-5. Just gave a few. i figured if people wanted to look into it further they could.

A friend got a whole bunch of signed stuff from him and remember being told he was basically half the voices in DBZ.

Pretty much, very diverse voice range. Hope he got paid like the 40 people who would have voiced those characters.
#23augerrya3Posted 10/4/2012 11:30:32 PM
Wow! That's awsome! Jack and cell sound nothing alike, that's talent right there

Also why is it that so many people think that just because its the original voice acting that its better?
Listen to any of vegita's speeches his first death, the first super transformation. And my personal favorite his kamikaze attack on buu. Then listen to the japanese guy and look me straight in the eye and say he did a better job

In most anime there are only 4 voices, mature female (amy rose, chi chi, caska, the chick from hellsing) "cute" girl (every other female. Bored deep voice guy "seperoth in advent cildren, vegita, freezam dracula in castlevaina) and annoying guy. (Goku, every guy in naruto,)
---
Help bring back Republic Commando! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/914938-star-wars-republic-commando/57002133
#24Lord of NightmaresPosted 10/4/2012 11:33:00 PM
DBZ VAs
Goliaths
Varkids

Yeah, makes sense.
#25Hollow_Point_MKPosted 10/4/2012 11:36:34 PM
Real DBZ fans didnt watch it in English.
---
Many men live for the present. Great men die for the future.
#26Lord of NightmaresPosted 10/4/2012 11:40:28 PM
Oh great, another 'sub is superior to dub' elitist.
#27Hollow_Point_MKPosted 10/4/2012 11:50:07 PM
Lord of Nightmares posted...
Oh great, another 'sub is superior to dub' elitist.

because it is? i dont say it out of malice or inexperience. hell just last month my computer broke down and i was without an anime fix for almost 2 weeks. i tried using Xbox lives Crackle app because it had anime but i simply could not stand the English VAs. in fact the only anime i watched was Blue Exorcist because it was like 1 of 3 that wernt in English.

i'll admit that Gokus original voice was annoying as hell. and im sure the VAs for the english version were all competent. but you cant get around the fact that translating a show or movie will always produce results less favorable then the original.

Why? localization budgets, cultural differences and lip syncing. you just cant get around this stuff.
---
#28RedBullWings(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 11:57:30 PM
I watched Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z on Toonami when I was a kid. I didn't have the chance early on to watch it in Japanese, but at a later point, after hearing it, the Japanese audio isn't my taste.

i don't like the voice actors at all. Frankly, they sound like women. The music doesn't set the tone as well as Bruce Faulconer's. It all boils down to preference anyway.

I'm a casual anime fan anyway. I've only ever really watched 3-4 anime shows throughout my lifetime.
#29Hollow_Point_MKPosted 10/5/2012 12:03:53 AM
RedBullWings posted...
I watched Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z on Toonami when I was a kid. I didn't have the chance early on to watch it in Japanese, but at a later point, after hearing it, the Japanese audio isn't my taste.

i don't like the voice actors at all. Frankly, they sound like women. The music doesn't set the tone as well as Bruce Faulconer's. It all boils down to preference anyway.

I'm a casual anime fan anyway. I've only ever really watched 3-4 anime shows throughout my lifetime.

im pretty sure your distaste for the Japanese version simply stems from the fact that you heard it in English first. its like when i try to watch an asian flick with Qi Shu in it thats been translated. they give her an English VA despite the fact that she speaks English. and having heard her english voice acting it just feels jarring to hear a different voice.

Gokus voice is extremely different in each version as well as many other characters. so its understandable that you would find different voices strange and unappealing.
---
#30zUkUuPosted 10/5/2012 12:05:48 AM
RedBullWings posted...

even if it would be obviously and objectively better - you can't beat your child's memories no matter how hard you try. I lived through some serious bad dubs (simpsons for instance) and yet I can't watch them in english as that sounds too "different" - even if it's better. it's always a matter of "what you watch first" - ALWAYS.
if you start a new series and just compare the voice acting, you'd see how great the gap between the acting really are.