DLC Character Idea

#1Optional_KarlPosted 10/5/2012 5:06:22 AM
Right, before i get the smartass remarks, i did a couple of searches, and could only find old archived threads about this.

In one of the threads, i saw someone speculate about a bounty hunter / jetpack style class for DLC. I had a moment of inspiration about this last night, and their classes skills.

Class skill: a jet back boost that can propel you in the direction you're looking

tree 1 - Out of harms way

This tree i see as a glass cannon style skill set

Minor game changer - Jetpack boost is stronger (either lasts longer, or propels further) (decreases cool down rate by 25%)

Major Game Changer - If skill is activated while aiming down sights, the next shot uses the jetpack propellant to increase damage (500%???), causes either shield or health damage from kick back

tree 2 - Snarlak Snack

Your traditional Bounty hunter skill set, if you know what i mean...

Minor Game changer - The jet back, rather than propel you, makes you hover 6 - 12 ft above the playing field, for 30 secs.

Major Game Changer - While hovering, you fire rockets out of the jet pack, mortar style, instead of firing you're equipped weapon (equipped weapons elemental status has an affect)

Tree 3 - Bring it

A 'Tank' Class

Minor Game Changer - health is now 'Armour' and has the same damage attributes as yellow health enemies (Explosive - no adverse effect, fire resistant, corrosive high damage etc)

Major Game Changer - When landing from the jet pack, explosive nova blast
---
Formerly British tw8, not that you care.
#2Optional_Karl(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 7:44:37 AM
This board is proper fast like. just the one bump
---
#3sickie09isminePosted 10/5/2012 11:41:02 AM
It all sounds pretty stupid to me..definitely would not play as this character..jet pack? No...and changing the shield or health to armor,even if it is just a name change..i wouldnt think the devs would do that
---
PSN- Sickie09ismine
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should therefore be regarded as a criminal offense. - E.W. Dijkstra
#4TsunamiRoarPosted 10/5/2012 11:43:51 AM
From: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/64231869

Demo-man

Action Skill: Bombs Away
After triggering the Action Skill, the Demo-man gets a sharp increase in speed, while simultaneously leaving bombs behind him at a rate of 1 bomb/sec. Lasts 10 seconds at base. Possibly increases his damage resistance?

Skills could include adding random elemental properties to the bombs, increasing damage, increase bombs/sec and duration, increase blast radius, increase movement speed during Action Skill

Could potentially have increase in explosive damage, as well as increase bullet velocity (as it seems explosive guns are unique to Torgue, so maybe Torgue specifically?)

Game-changers could include the ability for bombs to home in on enemies, the damage of each bomb being increased by x2 for each kill during the Action Skill (up to 5 times?), bombs spawn bombs( if they get a kill?)

Yeah, I'm pretty terrible at this.

---
Talking about skull****ing someone's mom because he happens to prefer the PS3 over the 360 does not paint us in the best light as a group.
#5Optional_Karl(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 11:50:01 PM
sickie09ismine posted...
It all sounds pretty stupid to me..definitely would not play as this character..jet pack? No...and changing the shield or health to armor,even if it is just a name change..i wouldnt think the devs would do that

Each to there own. i was implying you are no longer 'flesh', you health bar is yellow, like the robots / badass varkids etc. with the associated resistances and weaknesses
---
#6Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 10/7/2012 11:52:54 PM
I always thought another class with a pet would be interesting as a dlc...

Class: Skag Tamer

Character Name: McKnuckles Fist Punchalot

Skill (passive/attack):
(Passive) Activating the action skill with a skill point spawns in a Skag Pup that follows you around attacking enemies. If the skag dies, it re-spawns in after a 5 second cool down. The pet skag levels up each time the player does, gaining increased health/attack/defense. Every 10 levels the skag gets a rank up to a new skag type (i.e Skag Pup > Skag Whelp). The Skag's cooldown timer for when it dies increases by 1 second each time you level up.

(Attack/Activation the action skill button):

(Default/No gamechangers chosen): For 10 seconds, the skag becomes engraged and gains a massive boost to defense/speed/attack. Those (allies/the player) in a 3 meter radius of the skag gain shield regen/increase in gun damage for as long as the skag is enraged. (Cooldown time is 45 seconds)

(Gamechanger 1 chosen): For 5 seconds the skag takes only a quarter amount of the damage it usually would, while it launches a barrage of ranged spit attack at enemies. Those (allies/the player) in a 3 meter radius of the skag gain a increase in accuracy, movement speed, and shield capacity. (Cooldown time is 50 seconds)

(Gamechanger 2 chosen): For 5 seconds the skag gains a massive increase in health/defense/attack, it also gains high chance of doing a AoE stomp attack. Those (allies/the player) within a 3 meter radius of the skag gain health regen, increase in max health, and increase in melee damage. (Cooldown time is 50 seconds)

(Gamechanger 3 chosen): For 5 seconds the skag will stay close to the player and cause both the skag and the player to only take a quarter of the damage they usually would, and causes each attack to be a critical attack. Allies within a 3 meter radius gain a half in damage taken, along with the default benefits. (Cooldown time is 50 seconds) For 5 seconds

Skill Trees:
Ranger: This skill tree focuses on increases in player ranged damage/gun usage, the skag gaining a long range spit attack, increases in player movement/reload speed, increases in the skag's speed, and making the the skag elementally charged with fire.
(Gamechanger 1):Overrides the action skill. The skag gains the name of 'Finder', gains a increase in movement speed/lunge range, but gains a decrease in defense, and attack. Gains an aesthetic appearance of being more streamlined.

Goliath: This skill tree focuses on increases in player/pet melee damage/melee usage, buffs in player/pet health, adding health regen to the skag, increase in the skag's attack power, and making the skag elementally charged with acid.
(Gamechanger 2): Overrides the action skill. The skag gains the name of 'Rocke', gains and increase into Defense, Health, and Attack, but causes a decrease in movement speed/lunge distance. Gains an aesthetic addition of metal plating/spikes on it.

Buddy: This skill tree focuses a mix of ranged and melee benefits, increases pertaining to elemental effects/chances, increases in the chance of finding better loot, the ability of a portion of the players shield being shared with the skag, increases in the skag's health, and making the skag elementally charged with electricity or slag.
(Gamechanger 3):Overrides the action skill. The skag gains the name of 'Buddy', gains a increase in health. Gains the use of being able to use the skag as a storage space for weapons (Weapons stay stored on the skag even on its death, and are not lost).

Class Aesthetics:
Average height, though is slightly chunky. Wears a outfit similar to that of a Australian adventurer.

Melee Attack: Swings a machete.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....