Is roid damage worth it for the assassin?

#1MerritttypePosted 10/5/2012 9:14:29 AM
I haven't tried it yet. I'm a fan of not dying, so I've been staying away from them, but it'd be cool to know if it's a game-changer. So anyone use them?
#2Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/5/2012 9:17:48 AM
Also curious. Don't have a Zero yet but every time I see one I think they were made for him.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - Any platform, any genre! Love games? So do we.
#3FinixsoftPosted 10/5/2012 9:22:48 AM
I think there is a shield made specifically for I think but I don't know which one it is.
---
If you don't feed a troll attention eventually it starves to death. Forgive my spelling. Fat fingers, small phone.
#4bcon1208Posted 10/5/2012 9:23:57 AM
Love Thumper. Recharge delay is like 2 minutes I think. Yes they're are very worth it as long as you have the skill that gives you health as you go.
---
GT: lIl Nemesis lIl
"You can run, but you'll just die tired"
#5Merritttype(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 9:25:15 AM
Yes, there is a whole line of shields that give roid damage to your melee attacks when they are depleted. The question is if it's a very noticeable difference. I'm just about to be off to work, so I'll test it tonight if I don't get an answer.
#6CharityDiaryPosted 10/5/2012 9:31:02 AM
Merritttype posted...
Yes, there is a whole line of shields that give roid damage to your melee attacks when they are depleted. The question is if it's a very noticeable difference. I'm just about to be off to work, so I'll test it tonight if I don't get an answer.

I have a level 50 Zer0, spec-ed purely for melee.

I have equipped:

Law (+100% melee damage)
Love Thumper (+melee damage + nova melee damage)
Class Mod (+40% melee damage)
Relic (+20 melee damage)

But still, even with the roid damage, my Executes don't kill most of the enemies. Not worth it, in my opinion.
#7Bad_Voice_OverPosted 10/5/2012 9:32:49 AM
It depends, essentially.

Are you a sniper build? If so, then no. Absolutely not. What are you doing? That is silly.

Are you a melee build? Yeah, it probably would help out quite a bit.

Exception being if your non Roid shield is much, much higher capacity. A good defense can sometimes out do a good offense with characters designed to run right into the fray.