is there a "best build" for each class?

#1ManuKesnaPosted 10/5/2012 11:14:23 AM
or at least something that most of the players agree to be the best?
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#2MosebysRangersPosted 10/5/2012 11:22:51 AM
People have posted some videos and links on best builds but it still is very open to interpretation based on user experience and preference.

Really kind of hard to say what is best build because one does not have access to all the skills even when all skill points are assigned. Also one has to consider BA pts, gear etc which may alter stats etc.
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 10/5/2012 11:24:17 AM
I think Maya's SP build is pretty much agreed on-- Spec down Cataclysm and some into motion.
---
"Haters should work more to appreciate leisure." --QCTeamkill
#4spfurm01Posted 10/5/2012 11:24:32 AM
IMO no. You can respec, so if you don't like what you've got you can change it, and each tree does a decent job of being pretty standout compared to the others, so they're more representative of different gameplay choices/styles rather than one being more powerful.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#5zUkUuPosted 10/5/2012 11:25:53 AM
I think there are somewhat "most" effective builds, but it depends on your choice of play style (zero for instance: melee / sniper / all-rounder) and/or your focus (damage, survibility or a balance). I consider a balanced, but effective build the most efficient. so yeah, to a degree, "best builds" (or at least a vague basis of them) do exist - just for different purposes.
#6My_Momma_SaidPosted 10/5/2012 11:26:28 AM
Yes, but getting the naysayers to see the light doesn't make it worth the time to share them yet. Better to give them more time to find out their builds suck.
#7TDWPDeadThronePosted 10/5/2012 11:27:26 AM
I have the least amount of points put into motion. I have the most put into Cataclysm. The healing stuff is pointless to me except for Res and that's not even Motion. I believe it was Harmony.

My style of playing requires Cataclysm to be maxed out. I don't care for all the other stuff. It's useless. My build is the best build FOR ME. For you, it might be different. It just all depends on your style of play.
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 10/5/2012 11:30:41 AM
TDWPDeadThrone posted...
I have the least amount of points put into motion. I have the most put into Cataclysm. The healing stuff is pointless to me except for Res and that's not even Motion. I believe it was Harmony.

My style of playing requires Cataclysm to be maxed out. I don't care for all the other stuff. It's useless. My build is the best build FOR ME. For you, it might be different. It just all depends on your style of play.

Well, that's why I said SP, Res won't be doing you any good. I just went into motion for the cooldown, which after an artifact is 0.
---
"Haters should work more to appreciate leisure." --QCTeamkill
#9Bad_Voice_OverPosted 10/5/2012 11:32:51 AM
Yes, and no.

While it can be easy to say "clearly the sniper build for Zer0 is the only viable one", it all comes down to how people enjoy playing the class.

If somebody is exceptionally good at playing the melee style, then that tree can be just as effective for dishing out damage. Specifically if you're running a multi-player game. Most people, however, would go for the sniper tree for end game just due to the fact it can give you massive damage per shot. However, since the shots are slow typically you could argue an effective melee artist could get pretty close to dishing out the same damage. Or at least slightly less damage but far more rapidly.

With Axton you have a choice between one turret that slags enemies to help deal with single enemies like bosses, or two turrets for more bullets and rockets to deal with large groups, or simply to distract bosses longer for you to deal damage from behind.

Do you want your Maya to deal a lot of extra damage, and cause enemies to fly together into one ball at once... or do you want to be able to revive your team mates from 30 feet away in a pinch?

Really the only class I can see there being a "best" build is Salvador, and only because Gunzerking can be overpowered if talented to the point where it's ready every other second. Still, some people might want to go the tank build so that their friends can dish out the damage without being distracted by their own little minor fights. With a healing Siren, and Tank Gunzerker could be more effective.

Basically it depends on what you like to do when you play, and who you're playing with to determine the ideal talent setup.
#10TDWPDeadThronePosted 10/5/2012 11:33:17 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TDWPDeadThrone posted...

Well, that's why I said SP, Res won't be doing you any good. I just went into motion for the cooldown, which after an artifact is 0.

Oh. What's SP? Guess I should put more points into Motion then because that seems pretty useful. I need the Cooldown to be a 0. Cooldown: 0 + Ruin = Destruction lol.