2nd playthrough Axton tips?

#1faiththroughendPosted 10/5/2012 8:01:06 PM
I'm starting my second playthrough with Axton, this is solo, so I will no longer have my coop help and I'm wondering if you all had any build tips for Axton on this playthrough? I'm not a powergamer so I'm not after like a cheesy but easy build, but effective helps obviously. So far what I've been told is that the phalanx shield doesn't do much in this playthrough, and that because of this double up is better than gemini. Anything else anyone can add? I greatly appreciate all comments
---
to all questions, there lies but one simple answer: mooka.
#2SchesparnPosted 10/5/2012 8:02:14 PM
Don't be afraid to use your turret. No point in "saving it" if you die, so go ahead and sling it out whenever you're in even a slightly difficult spot.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#3faiththroughend(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 8:05:10 PM
Oh, agreed, but sorry, by 2nd playthrough I meant "True Vault Hunter Playthrough", like after you beat the Warrior and restart
---
to all questions, there lies but one simple answer: mooka.
#4Maniac_DancePosted 10/5/2012 8:06:33 PM
rocket / slag / double gun turret. Rest of your skill points in survivability (health, shields, recharge rates)
---
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.
#5ForceFanPosted 10/5/2012 8:06:35 PM
Im becoming pretty partial to dual turrets now since I found a really good slag SMG.. I was originally doing the double up slag turret, but with being able to slag efficiently 2 turrets with 2 rocket pods is more effective... atleast for now. I like to do alot of trial and error.
---
People who think my nick involves star wars 161 -- people who know the truth 3
#6RavetownPosted 10/5/2012 8:06:46 PM
Full Guerrilla tree (Sentry,onslaught,scorched earth and must), 5 in Preparation. When you hit 42ish,switch to full survival all the way to Gemini and go down Guerilla to scorched earth. Coast through rest of game with a slag weapon and cooldown improvement items.
#7iwishPosted 10/5/2012 8:18:26 PM
Okay, I know I'm gonna be the odd one out, but I had the best results with the Gunpowder tree and Nuke.

I tried Double Up, I tried Gemini (With 2 rocket pods), and I tried Nuke. I had the best results in playthrough 2 with Nuke. Once I got high enough I also got a rocket pod for my turret and some shield skills.

Why? Well, I got Do or Die on the way, which is an amazing talent, Steady, which really helps, and Axton's best damaging skills on the way. Nuke is by no means underpowered, and the explosive element works well on everything. The best defense is a strong offense, and it just worked for me. Grab an explosive damage relic, a good launcher, and the best explosive Mirvs you can find, and give 'em hell. Even the nightmares of PT2, Badass anything, armored maniacs, shielded nomads, fall quickly.

I won't lie though, I was pretty weak against anything in the air, and had trouble with bosses. But against general enemies it was the easiest way for me to get through PT2 by far.
---
The original
#8RavarynPosted 10/5/2012 8:24:49 PM
There's a lot of effective ways to stat Axton for TVHM.

My personal favorite is Double Up + Scorched Earth + Longbow. Whenever I run into Badass whatever or higher, I toss my girl behind them and pull out a corrosive or fire SMG, depending on what they're weak to. Saber wrecks what shielding they had (if any) then slags them, and the rockets plus my SMG go to work. Things that take a full mag and lose 5% of their HP from it suddenly die in 8 seconds.
#9ForceFanPosted 10/5/2012 8:28:32 PM
Iwish: I havent fiddled around much with the gunpowder tree yet, but I likely will. I like to experiment a lot. Its good to know its viable.
---
People who think my nick involves star wars 161 -- people who know the truth 3
#10SchesparnPosted 10/5/2012 8:29:39 PM
Truth be told, I meant my advice for TVHM. In pt1 I only busted out the turret when things looked most dire. I rarely had to. But I find myself using it as a crutch a lot more than I used to. It's way better at Borderlands than me. :p
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif