1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!

#21Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/5/2012 8:41:22 PM
I love the mentality in here that Gearbox wasn't capable of looking at their own product and deciding without any fan feedback: "Damn... that thing is stupidly broken."

Clearly, it must be the whining babies. We held a gun to their heads. (With the Bee equipped, no less - they had no choice)
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#22RichardTuckerPosted 10/5/2012 8:41:23 PM
Doesn't bother me but I do find it hilarious that people grinded for hours on end to get this stuff.
#23MenuWarsPosted 10/5/2012 8:41:25 PM
Actually he said they were looking at ways to make it less over powered without ruining what makes it cool.

Basically I'm guessing they'll do this, make the damage the bee adds to weapons be divided by the amount of pellets fired, so if your shotgun fires x17 the damage the Bee adds will be divided by that amount. So Snipers and hand cannons and the rest will be unnaffected but the almighty Bee + CC combo will be nerfed from God mode into Demi-God mode.
---
A Troll is a Troll, unless it's an ugly Giant.
~Troll Cannibalism 101~
#24Maniac_DancePosted 10/5/2012 8:41:37 PM
iwish posted...
The babies are the ones who have to be a god to play the game.

I've already played the game fully and am level 50. Why can't I just relax for a bit and be a semi-god?

Because that's not how other members of the community WANT you to play.
---
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.
#25BhelliumPosted 10/5/2012 8:43:09 PM
PathlessBullet posted...

Because actual game balance is a good thing.

Game balance is a more complicated beast than what you, personally, like.

That said...

*shrug* fair enough, pretty sure it's still going to be pretty awesome.

OOH figured out a good way to balance it... only have it apply the damage to one pellet.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#26Gameninja521Posted 10/5/2012 8:43:48 PM
GujinKami posted...
I've already played the game fully and am level 50. Why can't I just relax for a bit and be a semi-god?

So what's the point of playing a loot-based game if the gear you have is already the best?

Why do you have to use your best things? Most of the time I'm running around with weapons with cool effects because they tend to be more fun. And, assuming we're only talking about The Bee, I do agree that you shouldn't have it until you're completely done with the game or TVHM.
---
XBL/Steam: MrOneBarr
PSN: NYsOfficialBum
#27TsurukePosted 10/5/2012 8:45:40 PM(edited)
GujinKami posted...

So what's the point of playing a loot-based game if the gear you have is already the best?

Dunno about you but sometimes I like to play a game after I have fully beaten it, just to completely dominate over the peons. It gives a sense of omnipotence but also gets boring after so long

;)
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#28capnovanPosted 10/5/2012 8:45:38 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
Thanks you whining morons.

Do you really think Gearbox is nerfing things because people complained, or because they want an overall well polished game?

Well, in the video, Gearbox does say, "the community feels the Bee is a super overpowered shield that can trivialize end-game play" and "changing certain aspects of it so the community is happy with it." So what do you think? Sure sounds like they're gonna nerf it because of complaints.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#29Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/5/2012 8:46:51 PM(edited)
From: Maniac_Dance | Posted: 10/5/2012 11:41:37 PM | #024
iwish posted...
The babies are the ones who have to be a god to play the game.

Because that's not how other members of the community WANT you to play.

Actually it would seem to me that's not how the members of Gearbox staff want us to play.

Edit: @Above At the end of the day it's still their product though. If they were happy with how it was, they would have addressed that fans and said "Well, that's how it was supposed to be."
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#30mooninomicsPosted 10/5/2012 8:45:54 PM
Watch them somehow just make it so that it isn't compatible with certain weapons; or at least has a reduced effect. Like a reverse version of Law and Order. The Bee and Conference Call doesn't work as well together, or whatever. Or something. Or whatever the hot new combination is with it these days. I already feel out of the loop.

Honestly, I don't really care at all either way. Leave it, let people one-shot everything. Fix it, don't let them do it. I sincerely don't care one way or the other. I don't have The Bee, and have no plans to get it.

The response of the community, however, I do look forward to seeing. Whether people complain about it being left alone or people complain about it being changed, the rage will hopefully be palpable.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz