1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!

#261Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/6/2012 10:43:30 AM
When you announce a change that creates this kind of debate you have pissed off a large portion of your customer base, not smart.

Where's your statistics? This topic on GFaqs?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#262RavetownPosted 10/6/2012 10:44:05 AM
brisashi posted...
Ravetown posted...
brisashi posted...
Looks like I won't be getting the season pass after all, once devs change the game to try and tell me how to play, I'm done.

Time to spend more time on TL2.

This is the worst logic I've seen yet. You realize they did that by designing the game as it is? That they're tweaking the balance is somehow trying to control how you're playing, and not balance the game to stop everyone from using the same 2 items in a game that takes pride in offering a bazillion guns?

A losing war against entitled stupid is all this thread can be.

I know understanding logic is hard but there is a big difference between creating something and making changes to it after most of the community has fallen in love with the game.

When you announce a change that creates this kind of debate you have pissed off a large portion of your customer base, not smart.

I can't debate you. It's not because you're right, it's because you appear to think that killing Terramorphous, who was supposed to be an improved crawermax raid boss, in 7-30 seconds solo is good for your farming.

At that point, you mention that it may not affect dupers, like the game has some sacrosanct quality to it that requires no evolution to combat things like, I dunno, killing raid bosses in 15 seconds solo that Gearbox did not forsee. Or are you saying that they saw the CC + Bee combo in QA and let it stay?
#263Cloud152Posted 10/6/2012 10:44:30 AM
GujinKami posted...

I give up. I'm going back to having fun and play video games.

Well we have a few suggestions if you think so. also boarder lands two isn't so bad I mean it could be a lot worse I mean the new guns seem pretty fun and if everyone is so worried about it being nurfed then make it more challenging by using weaker guns. the new dlc should help with that too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nexuspodcast?feature=mhee
---
Its okay I read it in a book once
http://www.youtube.com/user/nexuspodcast?feature=mhee
#264mfv12979Posted 10/6/2012 10:56:02 AM
the bee is working fine as intended. do you have any idea how fast the shield drops. i had to hide constantly to refill it. i made another character w/o bee since i only have one. beating warrior/terra with maya, sal, and zero. i have no problem taking them down w/o the bee. and this isn't in pt1 or 2.5. whats next after you morons get the bee nerf? you gonna get Axton nerf because of his turrets? you gonna get Zero nerf because of how much damage he does while sniping or melee?. or you gonna get maya nerf because of cataclysm. the point remains even w/o the bee you can still kill bosses fast.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#265SeraphLancePosted 10/6/2012 10:58:22 AM
The problem still remains: Without ramping up weapon scaling about tenfold (bee shield amps by +50k, so you need a shotgun with at least ~60,000 x 21 to match the Bee+CC combo -- not gonna happen), The Bee will never become obsolete.

People don't seem to realize just how overpowered the shield is. It doesn't just extend to bosses. The Bee + CC combo trivializes any boss in the game, and makes the normal enemies much easier. That's just the Conference Call though. What about the deliverance? I can say that, on my Salvador with a level 18 deliverance and a level 27 Bee, I was able to get as far as the Nexus Boneyard (where I got a better Bee) with zero difficulty. A level 18 shotgun and 27 shield trivialized virtually the entirety of PT2 -- only surpassed by PT2 versions of the same damn equipment! How on Earth can anyone say that won't happen between PT2.5 and the DLC?

Balancing The Bee is a bit tricky though. The suggested technique of distributing amp damage between pellets would work (if possible to even do). Straight parameter changes won't though. The problem is that Amp shields other than The Bee suck. A boost in damage for one shot, after which half your shield gets depleted? No, that's not a worthy tradeoff. Even for a sniper that's only around a 10% boost in damage across a whole clip. Regular amps might be worth it if they had a tiny (say... 1 shield) drain that just kept you from re-using it. Give that to The Bee and you've just turned it into a low-capacity, high-damage amp shield -- hardly legendary.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#266YourmadrePosted 10/6/2012 11:01:15 AM
lmao at the whiners upset that its going to be nerfed. "Dont like it then don't use it" With that logic they may as well throw in a 99999999 damage smg and put it in claptraps place as the 1st weapon. It breaks the game and we wont want to join a game and be useless because everyone else is using it.
Sorry whiners...its getting nerfed.
---
TS2 - 100%
TS:FP - 100%
#267ParticlePhysicsPosted 10/6/2012 11:08:31 AM
Dear Bee apologists,

LOL.
U mad bro?

All my love,
Game balance.
#268NinjaMarionPosted 10/6/2012 11:09:59 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
Gujin your heart is in the right place...it's your words that aren't. Nobody cares about the Raid bosses. The Bee can make a level 1 gearbox gun a deadly weapon in PT 2. Imagine what it does when combined with legendary weapons.

Slagga SMG's are like Anarchy's except a loot more accurate. Combined with The Bee you have an SMG that does 3k x 3 at the beginning of PT 2.

Deliverance is a Tediore Shotgun that locks onto enemies and fires at them before hitting them and exploding. If the shots kill the enemy the gun keeps going from enemy to enemy. The shot you fire and all the auto shots get amp damage, on top of this exclusive damage gets done insane modifier from amp damage.

I threw a level 35 purple shotgun at Dukino's mom and did 350k.

Burst fire guns like the hornet destroy everything.

God forbid you combine this with a homing dart gun.

All of this is fine solo, or with like minded friends. But when you enter a random game with a shotgun that flies around shooting enemies doing 45k x 5 + 1million damage in impact that is an issue if balance.

Screw raid bosses.

Don't. Join. Random. Games!

Honestly, how hard is this? People are idiots? Don't play with them! 90% of the things all of you guys whine about wouldn't exist if you played with friends or even just people you vaguely know from these forums and trust rather than hopping into XxMurderMan69xX's game at random. Fixes for the game should NOT be based off some idiocy that some random tool will do in random games. Oh no, Random Guy #1 picked up all the loot and threw it off a cliff! Gearbox better institute a system where players have to take turns looting things one object at a time!

PLAY WITH PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND TRUST RATHER THAN RANDOM MORONS!
---
I found a pearlescent at Crawmerax. Then threw it off the cliff. :)
#269PanopictonguyPosted 10/6/2012 11:16:33 AM
NinjaMarion posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Gujin your heart is in the right place...it's your words that aren't. Nobody cares about the Raid bosses. The Bee can make a level 1 gearbox gun a deadly weapon in PT 2. Imagine what it does when combined with legendary weapons.

Slagga SMG's are like Anarchy's except a loot more accurate. Combined with The Bee you have an SMG that does 3k x 3 at the beginning of PT 2.

Deliverance is a Tediore Shotgun that locks onto enemies and fires at them before hitting them and exploding. If the shots kill the enemy the gun keeps going from enemy to enemy. The shot you fire and all the auto shots get amp damage, on top of this exclusive damage gets done insane modifier from amp damage.

I threw a level 35 purple shotgun at Dukino's mom and did 350k.

Burst fire guns like the hornet destroy everything.

God forbid you combine this with a homing dart gun.

All of this is fine solo, or with like minded friends. But when you enter a random game with a shotgun that flies around shooting enemies doing 45k x 5 + 1million damage in impact that is an issue if balance.

Screw raid bosses.

Don't. Join. Random. Games!

Honestly, how hard is this? People are idiots? Don't play with them! 90% of the things all of you guys whine about wouldn't exist if you played with friends or even just people you vaguely know from these forums and trust rather than hopping into XxMurderMan69xX's game at random. Fixes for the game should NOT be based off some idiocy that some random tool will do in random games. Oh no, Random Guy #1 picked up all the loot and threw it off a cliff! Gearbox better institute a system where players have to take turns looting things one object at a time!

PLAY WITH PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND TRUST RATHER THAN RANDOM MORONS!

I played PSO with random people...it was fun.
I played Castlevania Harmony Of Despair with randoms...it was fun.

Why must all online games resort to random stupidity. why can't people be polite and just have fun with each other?

I have a huge list if people I can play with. Some of them actually fall under the Duper/Modder or Douche/Loot Ninja category. The issue is I can't continuously play a full session with them. The one friend I do all my cooping with is almost never available. So the only way to actually get a decent amount if coop time is to play with randoms.

Things need to be done in a way in which team work is favored.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#270CorporalGiroroPosted 10/6/2012 2:09:41 PM
Now, I may be stupid and completely missing the point (sarcasm, for those who didn't get it) but it's obvious that it's not The Bee itself that is the issue, but how it works in combination with weapons that use multiple projectiles as the basis for their damage output.

Now, I may be stupid and completely missing the point (again, sarcasm) but if they nerf the shield itself, and not how it works with aforementioned weapons, then they are;

1. Trivializing any work people may have put into obtaining the shield. Not everyone uses it with the CC to destroy enemies in random pubic games, and for the people who put the work in this is a huge slap in the face.
2. Potentially removing any incentive to use the shield. If they add any drain, it loses its gimmick and becomes nothing more than a glorified amp shield. They're already worthless, why would The Bee be any different? If they remove any damage, the tradeoff in shield capacity would just not be worth it, especially since a lot of you felt the need to point out that The Bee isn't necessary to kill anything.

I can understand the reasoning behind the nerf, but there's a right and wrong way to go about it. Hopefully they put the effort in and do the right thing, but a lot of companies have no problem with taking the easy way out. All I can really do is just hope they do actually care about the community as a whole and not are not just doing it to shut up the whiners.
---
Girogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogiro
WWWYKI