1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!

#271Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/6/2012 2:11:40 PM
^ I am fairly confident they are only going to alter (some could say fix) the way in which it interacts with shotguns and Tediore guns.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#272zipitinPosted 10/6/2012 2:24:49 PM
Oh yeah, Mushmello showed me this late lastnight. Thought it was pretty cool they're looking into balancing it,
---
Need a simultaneous solution to overpopulation and world hunger?
Try Soylent Green. Now that's my kind of people!
#273Devilanse333Posted 10/6/2012 2:35:50 PM
Someone in this thread compared the "Great overpowered item" controversey to starvation in Africa.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#274MagicJabPosted 10/6/2012 3:02:39 PM
NinjaMarion posted...
Axel_Gunshin posted...
I'm going to go ahead and assume they are going to tweak how it's used in combination with shotguns.

Speculation for everybody.

This would be the best way to deal with the The Bee. Honestly, I cant believe that they actually let it pass QA able to boost a shotgun's damage per pellet instead as a set amount. It really doesnt take much intelligence to see how gamebreaking that really is. Before anyone says anything, I've used the Bee in P1 and Stashed it since the 28/29 drop doesnt make being a glass cannon worth it in TVHM. Also know just how ridic that shield is since I solo'd the Warrior in P1 with ease with and without the Bee.

Except not. If they do that, then people will just switch to using the Lascaux. Or any other assault rifle or SMG that offloads a crapton of bullets quickly. In fact, I've used the Lascaux on the Warrior and the Conference Call. The only difference is that he'll typically go down into the lava one more time with the Lascaux than with the Warrior. It's a 15 second fight versus a 20-25 second fight. The only way to nerf it is to ruin it completely. If you make it use shield on shot, then it becomes another crappy AMP shield that's pointless to use compared to most other shields with higher capacities and better effects. If you make it no longer apply to pellets, people will use the fastest weapon and people will cry about it again shortly after.

It's not broken! It sucks in any application other than bosses, as even playthrough one enemies can do chip damage and negate it, so it's pointless to use in place of other shields with real effects. And even against bosses, you still have to avoid damage. Bunker has craploads of loaders and Warrior has Rakk and Crystalisks to chip at your shield while Terra just outright refuses to let you charge by shaking the ground. Even then, it just lets you kill the boss faster. I've beaten them all already. I then farmed The Warrior for about 12 hours with no oranges. But I'm so glad that whiny idiots get to say that, even though I can and have beaten him many other ways, I absolutely won't be allowed to speed that up because they hate knowing some people enjoy the game in ways they don't like. It's simply a boss killer, and after killing Warrior and Henry over 200 times each with no legendaries / heads, I don't honestly give a crap if other players think me killing him too fast is "unfair". Mind your own business and play the game your way.

this SO MUCH THIS!
#275GujinKami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 3:12:37 PM
Someone in this thread compared the "Great overpowered item" controversey to starvation in Africa.

No regrets
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
#276Reiver_NeriahzPosted 10/6/2012 3:22:04 PM
MagicJab posted...
NinjaMarion posted...
Axel_Gunshin posted...
I'm going to go ahead and assume they are going to tweak how it's used in combination with shotguns.

Speculation for everybody.

This would be the best way to deal with the The Bee. Honestly, I cant believe that they actually let it pass QA able to boost a shotgun's damage per pellet instead as a set amount. It really doesnt take much intelligence to see how gamebreaking that really is. Before anyone says anything, I've used the Bee in P1 and Stashed it since the 28/29 drop doesnt make being a glass cannon worth it in TVHM. Also know just how ridic that shield is since I solo'd the Warrior in P1 with ease with and without the Bee.

Except not. If they do that, then people will just switch to using the Lascaux. Or any other assault rifle or SMG that offloads a crapton of bullets quickly. In fact, I've used the Lascaux on the Warrior and the Conference Call. The only difference is that he'll typically go down into the lava one more time with the Lascaux than with the Warrior. It's a 15 second fight versus a 20-25 second fight. The only way to nerf it is to ruin it completely. If you make it use shield on shot, then it becomes another crappy AMP shield that's pointless to use compared to most other shields with higher capacities and better effects. If you make it no longer apply to pellets, people will use the fastest weapon and people will cry about it again shortly after.

It's not broken! It sucks in any application other than bosses, as even playthrough one enemies can do chip damage and negate it, so it's pointless to use in place of other shields with real effects. And even against bosses, you still have to avoid damage. Bunker has craploads of loaders and Warrior has Rakk and Crystalisks to chip at your shield while Terra just outright refuses to let you charge by shaking the ground. Even then, it just lets you kill the boss faster. I've beaten them all already. I then farmed The Warrior for about 12 hours with no oranges. But I'm so glad that whiny idiots get to say that, even though I can and have beaten him many other ways, I absolutely won't be allowed to speed that up because they hate knowing some people enjoy the game in ways they don't like. It's simply a boss killer, and after killing Warrior and Henry over 200 times each with no legendaries / heads, I don't honestly give a crap if other players think me killing him too fast is "unfair". Mind your own business and play the game your way.

this SO MUCH THIS!

"WAHHHH I can't kill bosses in 20 seconds anymore, the way I want the game to be is the way it should be, not the way the DEVELOPER wants it. WAHHHHH!"

Good move Gearbox :).
---
GT: Reiver Neriah
Maliwan <3
#277VandorLeePosted 10/6/2012 3:28:51 PM
This is simple logic and common sense but still:

If you nerf the most broken thing in the game then everyone will use and cry about the 2nd most broken thing in the game. Because, of course, it will now be the most broken thing in the game.

Besides its only time before people just mod guns and dupe those so who cares about the bee anyways.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#278Reiver_NeriahzPosted 10/6/2012 3:51:20 PM
VandorLee posted...

If you nerf the most broken thing in the game then everyone will use and cry about the 2nd most broken thing in the game. Because, of course, it will now be the most broken thing in the game.

Besides its only time before people just mod guns and dupe those so who cares about the bee anyways.

Maybe someone will complain, but it won't be anything noteworthy, because that's really the only broken thing.
---
GT: Reiver Neriah
Maliwan <3
#279GujinKami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 3:55:18 PM

If that were true, said broken item would of been found by now, unless of course they add more to the Gaige patch.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
#280CienRunePosted 10/6/2012 3:55:50 PM
Glad they are nerfing things, I myself will not ***** at players who use the bee but I would rather have a hard boss fight than like walking into a area and stomping the apparent strongest boss.

GT:CienRune
Looking for Assassin Legendary mod and looking for a smg with 12000+ dmg I got my 10000 one I was looking for.