1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!

#281VandorLeePosted 10/6/2012 4:00:57 PM
This is purely speculation but with the Bee it may have stopped people from going through the trouble of modding something in.

Well, of course, see but i honestly think something else will just replace The Bee. Possibly worse.

Its like getting rid of your horrible boss only to get a worse boss. I, at least, think things will become more interesting.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#282chrisfakk2Posted 10/6/2012 4:05:07 PM
Otherthan verm head drops i have all shields, grenades minus storm one and all orange weapons/casters. I will be sad to see the fast boss runs take longer but im moving on to xcom anyway:)
#283PathlessBulletPosted 10/6/2012 4:05:46 PM
500 pages of butthurt ftw?
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#284GujinKami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 4:06:15 PM

ALL

THE

WAY
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
#285ParticlePhysicsPosted 10/6/2012 4:48:37 PM
GujinKami posted...

ALL

THE

WAY

^ This
#286NinjaMarionPosted 10/6/2012 7:27:38 PM
Reiver_Neriahz posted...
MagicJab posted...
NinjaMarion posted...
Axel_Gunshin posted...
I'm going to go ahead and assume they are going to tweak how it's used in combination with shotguns.

Speculation for everybody.

This would be the best way to deal with the The Bee. Honestly, I cant believe that they actually let it pass QA able to boost a shotgun's damage per pellet instead as a set amount. It really doesnt take much intelligence to see how gamebreaking that really is. Before anyone says anything, I've used the Bee in P1 and Stashed it since the 28/29 drop doesnt make being a glass cannon worth it in TVHM. Also know just how ridic that shield is since I solo'd the Warrior in P1 with ease with and without the Bee.

Except not. If they do that, then people will just switch to using the Lascaux. Or any other assault rifle or SMG that offloads a crapton of bullets quickly. In fact, I've used the Lascaux on the Warrior and the Conference Call. The only difference is that he'll typically go down into the lava one more time with the Lascaux than with the Warrior. It's a 15 second fight versus a 20-25 second fight. The only way to nerf it is to ruin it completely. If you make it use shield on shot, then it becomes another crappy AMP shield that's pointless to use compared to most other shields with higher capacities and better effects. If you make it no longer apply to pellets, people will use the fastest weapon and people will cry about it again shortly after.

It's not broken! It sucks in any application other than bosses, as even playthrough one enemies can do chip damage and negate it, so it's pointless to use in place of other shields with real effects. And even against bosses, you still have to avoid damage. Bunker has craploads of loaders and Warrior has Rakk and Crystalisks to chip at your shield while Terra just outright refuses to let you charge by shaking the ground. Even then, it just lets you kill the boss faster. I've beaten them all already. I then farmed The Warrior for about 12 hours with no oranges. But I'm so glad that whiny idiots get to say that, even though I can and have beaten him many other ways, I absolutely won't be allowed to speed that up because they hate knowing some people enjoy the game in ways they don't like. It's simply a boss killer, and after killing Warrior and Henry over 200 times each with no legendaries / heads, I don't honestly give a crap if other players think me killing him too fast is "unfair". Mind your own business and play the game your way.

this SO MUCH THIS!

"WAHHHH I can't kill bosses in 20 seconds anymore, the way I want the game to be is the way it should be, not the way the DEVELOPER wants it. WAHHHHH!"

Good move Gearbox :).

Uh, except this IS the way they wanted it! You think they put in a stupidly powerful shield and then gave it deliberate downsides (crappy capacity and even 1 damage negates it) on accident? The ONLY reason they're considering nerfing it is because of babies whining and complaining that OTHER PEOPLE can kill things in their own games in ways that don't effect them quicker than them.

They designed it. And you people are crying about it to the point they're having to question their design. So don't you dare try to act high and mighty and like we're defying Gearbox. Own up to your babyness over something that doesn't effect you since they've directly attributed it to you guys' whining.
---
I found a pearlescent at Crawmerax. Then threw it off the cliff. :)
#287Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/6/2012 7:29:12 PM
Designers can't make mistakes?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#288MetaIGearRexPosted 10/6/2012 7:37:59 PM
NinjaMarion posted...

Uh, except this IS the way they wanted it! You think they put in a stupidly powerful shield and then gave it deliberate downsides (crappy capacity and even 1 damage negates it) on accident? The ONLY reason they're considering nerfing it is because of babies whining and complaining that OTHER PEOPLE can kill things in their own games in ways that don't effect them quicker than them.

They designed it. And you people are crying about it to the point they're having to question their design. So don't you dare try to act high and mighty and like we're defying Gearbox. Own up to your babyness over something that doesn't effect you since they've directly attributed it to you guys' whining.

Lol who made you the authority?

"If you don't curse the design team at least five times on the way to beating this guy, we haven't done our jobs,"-producer Randy Varnell

Yea doesn't sound like they wanted it this way.
#289Dr JackalPosted 10/6/2012 7:49:17 PM
I don't know if they could make a secondary version of it so both could have it their way.

Some people find it fun to walk around as gods and dominate. It's their preference. In fact, many RPGers like doing that. You get a sense of a goal to build your character toward and get a feeling of satisfaction once you reach top status.

But others may want to use it without feeling overpowered. I think the former has a more so of a right to play the way they want when the latter can just use a different item. Still, if they can make a secondary version both sides get what they want.
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: Xenoblade, The Witcher 2, Tales of Graces F, Dragon's Dogma, Zelda: SS
#290CrayonmuffinPosted 10/6/2012 7:56:01 PM
Congratulations. Everyone's crying is going to get one of the best items in the game nerfed. I hate you all. Except those of you who I love. <3
---
360 only ATM. I need a new PC.
Currently awaiting:Dishonored, Halo 4, Black Ops 2.