1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!

#371ZodofWarPosted 10/7/2012 3:01:26 AM
GujinKami posted...
I've already played the game fully and am level 50. Why can't I just relax for a bit and be a semi-god?

So what's the point of playing a loot-based game if the gear you have is already the best?

For real. I assume if you're level fifty, you've gone through TVHM, and are now packed to the gills with orange. Why do you need to be invincible? It's not like you can die for good. As long as you have money, you will respawn. Does the idea of having to dodge bother you that much? "No no, I just want to stand still and shoot at things."

Besides the fact that people who have no friends, need random strangers help to beat certain quests. Who the hell wants to play with someone who takes out every enemy, leaving nothing for them to do but stand there and watch? No one bought the game to stand still and watch stuff die.

Well. Except for those who are upset about the bee nerf.
---
Being Difficult is easy.
#372OrgeLambartPosted 10/7/2012 3:06:01 AM
I played through the game until level 50 and the only orange items I picked up in the game were

2 homing bonus packages level 5 and 34

Must have killed Bad Maw about 300 times, Warrior 30 - 40 times, Terra about 15 times.

I don't count the drops from Terra because those wouldn't have been gotten without the Duped gear I have

Although the only drops of note Terra has done, Slayer Class mods for all four characters, and 1 blood of Terra

I played through the game twice, up and through PT 2.5 with 1 character.

Nearly about to beat the game with a second character and various points with 2 other characters.
#373NinjaMarionPosted 10/7/2012 3:38:48 AM
xGenocidest posted...
Doubt it has anything to do with "whiners".

They obviously dont like people owning their boss enemies in 2 seconds before they even get a chance to attack you.

Dude! THEY OUTRIGHT SAID IT'S BECAUSE OF "COMMUNITY COMPLAINTS"! Just freaking own it. You guys cried about something that didn't effect you to the point they decided to change something from the way they intentionally designed it. They didn't say "Well we messed up and it's too powerful." It's "The community thinks it's too powerful" or "The community keeps complaining about it". STOP trying to claim Gearbox is fixing a mistake or otherwise missed this. The shield works as they intended and they're only nerfing it cuz of crybabies. At least own your crybabying as the reason it may get nerfed.
---
I found a pearlescent at Crawmerax. Then threw it off the cliff. :)
#374GujinKami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 3:40:32 AM(edited)
Dude! THEY OUTRIGHT SAID IT'S BECAUSE OF "COMMUNITY COMPLAINTS"!

[citation needed]

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY ARGUE, BETTER THROW INSULTS AROUND BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I KNOW WHAT TO DO! BABIES! CRYBABIES! WHINERS!

HA I SURE SHOWED THEM!

Damn dude, 100/10 argument right there.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
#375NinjaMarionPosted 10/7/2012 3:46:53 AM
ReeperX posted...
Would it be possible to make it so the host can disable the use of the bee within their game? That seems fair enough.

I know. If only there were a way to control who you play with, like if you were able to only play with like-minded friends or people you trust. Shame the game forces you to play with random people and doesn't allow you to do anything like that...
---
#376AnaConda1114Posted 10/7/2012 3:57:32 AM
Its funny how mad people get when their exploits are taken away. You still have the same game you knew u were buying on September 18th. Still tons of powerful guns. Still plenty able to farm/beat bosses. Just more EGD. Entited Gamer Disorder.

Seeing as how the community is CLEARLY split on the issue, I think all the talk of the Bee simply got gearbox to take notice. They investigated and decided, "you know what, the anti-bee crowd is right"

Do you really think they are going "well, we don't think there is anything wrong with it but about 50% of the players do so we'll trust them on this one." Wake up.

But I understand the human psyche needs to place blame for things on someone, and since we all can't yell at Gearbox and get a response, we project blame onto random message board posters, and say its "their" fault things got changed.

Everything will be fine guys.
---
X-Box Live: Anaconda1114
#377NinjaMarionPosted 10/7/2012 3:58:32 AM
GujinKami posted...
Dude! THEY OUTRIGHT SAID IT'S BECAUSE OF "COMMUNITY COMPLAINTS"!

[citation needed]

Really? Are you really being this obtuse? From the video YOU started this topic for, at the exact timestamp you specify, they outright say "The community feels it's overpowered" and "we're looking into tweaking it to keep the thing that makes it super cool, but still satisfies the community". YOU linked it. It outright says it's because of community complaints, so stop acting like this is anything other than Gearbox caving to whiners. All you guys keep doing is insisting you somehow know what Gearbox wanted, while they've specified it's because of the whining, acknowledged that THEY think the overpowered AMP damage of it is a "super cool" effect, and deliberately did things to balance it when creating the shield. Somehow, YOU know what Gearbox wanted more than their actions and words indicate they did.
---
#378GujinKami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 4:01:21 AM
Really? Are you really being this obtuse? From the video YOU started this topic for, at the exact timestamp you specify, they outright say "The community feels it's overpowered" and "we're looking into tweaking it to keep the thing that makes it super cool, but still satisfies the community".

*community brings it up

*they say they'll tweak it after looking at it

*reassures fans of The Bee that the changes won't be catastrophic

So no, it's not the community's "whining" that's nerfing the weapon. It's Gearbox's decision. If they saw that there wasn't a problem with it, there would never be a problem. Blaming the community that your god-killing weapon is getting nerfed is the actual childish alternative, in my opinion of course.

Also, wall of text. Learn how to break up your wall a bit to make it more readable in the future.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
#379MagicJabPosted 10/7/2012 4:07:22 AM
whatever when mods come out this is the last thing people will be talking about :/
#380AnaConda1114Posted 10/7/2012 4:08:15 AM
So Gearbox puts overpowered shield in game that compromises the integrity of the game

"They wanted it in. Its their decision to have it in! Stop crying about it"

After reviewing fan feedback, Gearbox decides Bee is too overpowered and will tone it down a bit

"Stupid Gearbox, catering to the vocal minority, leave my shield alone! You are ruining the game"

How about, it was THEIR decision to have it in, and its THEIR decision to nerf it. You don't like it? Play another game.

Funny how its always "vocal minority" too when things get nerfed or changed. Its never a vocal majority.

E. G. D.
---
X-Box Live: Anaconda1114