1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!

#411yiangaruuugaPosted 10/7/2012 11:36:54 AM
I actually agree. Most of you dupe anyways, so you don't really need a shield like the Bee since you won't be farming all that much. Plus the Bee was too easy to get to be that powerful. It should definitely have some type of counter to it.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#412FlowlingPosted 10/7/2012 11:37:34 AM
And so it begins...

Gearbox hasn't the slight idea the type of Hell they unearthed by caving in to the vocal minority. Oh buddy... you'd best start polishing those chains because they own us all now.
---
"Like the rest of the world, Skyrim fans want to bang fictional vampires and werewolves." - Retneug
#413CloakedNubPosted 10/7/2012 11:38:28 AM
MetaIGearRex posted...

I play games to challenge myself, you know the whole reason games exist today, people like to test themselves.

No, just...no. Games have only ever existed as a fun hobby. There's a niche for challenging games, but that's just it, it's a niche. People play games to relax and have fun.
#414MetaIGearRexPosted 10/7/2012 11:40:18 AM
CloakedNub posted...
MetaIGearRex posted...

I play games to challenge myself, you know the whole reason games exist today, people like to test themselves.

No, just...no. Games have only ever existed as a fun hobby. There's a niche for challenging games, but that's just it, it's a niche. People play games to relax and have fun.

No that's the way it is now, not the way it started. I'm going way back, to the Pong times.
#415xHuckleberryPosted 10/7/2012 11:44:43 AM
I think before they start nerfing anything, they need to fix the disappearing loot thing. Ive lost a few nice purples to this, and 2 orange.

Yesterday i lost a CC. The week before that i spent a few hours each day trying to get said CC.

I woulda lost that cc if it wasnt for the dupe i put on a mule char. So duping here, in this case. Helped me from now throwing the game away
#416NinjaMarionPosted 10/7/2012 11:46:35 AM
MetaIGearRex posted...
Why do you need his loot if your dropping the toughest enemy in a few seconds? Oh you must be some kind of OCD completionist. These are most likely the kind of people that argue so vehemently against nerfs. This isn't a collect-a-thon, it's an RPG. You said it yourself it all comes down to farming.... Lame.

lol. This post is beyond moronic. You play games to challenge yourself? You mean like you already can do and that the existence of the Bee in no way takes away from? Crap man, I'm so sorry Gearbox put that gun to your head and made you use the Bee so you couldn't have that challenge you demand... even though lengthening the amount of time something takes isn't actually making it more challenging. Once you've beaten The Warrior or Terra, guess what? It doesn't change. They don't somehow get harder. They stay the same difficulty, and once you've proven you can beat them, the challenge is gone, thus just lengthening the time to farm items.

And as for the second point, "this isn't a collect-a-thon"? Freaking really? As you Bee whiners have constantly pointed out, that's EXACTLY what it is. It's a damn loot game. The entire game is based around finding, buying, and / or farming the best gear you can get. And quite frankly, considering most everyone using the Bee is using it for farming drops (which are set up in such a way that if you want a specific legendary, you HAVE to farm the boss that drops it), this means that your complaint literally boils down to "you're not having to waste enough of your time farming drops". This despite the fact that drops are completely random, and thus some of us are doing hundreds of runs on a boss without getting it even with the Bee.

But you're right. Just because you say so, it should arbitrarily take two to three times longer, just so your challenge will be maintained... in your playing the game on your own completely separately from me. And even though it's not more challenging, just more time-consuming.
---
I found a pearlescent at Crawmerax. Then threw it off the cliff. :)
#417MetaIGearRexPosted 10/7/2012 11:54:29 AM
NinjaMarion posted...
Once you've beaten The Warrior or Terra, guess what? It doesn't change. They don't somehow get harder. They stay the same difficulty, and once you've proven you can beat them, the challenge is gone, thus just lengthening the time to farm items.

The fact that you get the Bee before both those Bosses, negates that whole argument. Nice try though.

But you're right. Just because you say so, it should arbitrarily take two to three times longer, just so your challenge will be maintained... in your playing the game on your own completely separately from me. And even though it's not more challenging, just more time-consuming.
not because I said so, because Gearbox said so ;d
#418CinderDragon77Posted 10/7/2012 11:55:44 AM
Reiver_Neriahz posted...
NinjaMarion posted...
Reiver_Neriahz posted...
Bad_Voice_Over posted...
Reiver_Neriahz posted...
You guys are so empty in the head it's ridiculous. Where is the evidence that they're changing it because we whined...did they SAY that's why they're changing it???

Well... there was that whole part where he said "due to the comments of the community", but if we're going to ignore that part where he directly mentions them looking into it specifically because of people complaining on message board forums there is absolutely no evidence.

And that whole 9-11 thing? Inside job. Thermite Paint!

Lmao the second part is awesome.

Mind pointing me to that comment?

And regardless, does anyone think they would change it over JUST whining? God forbid something is pointed out and the developers say "Gee, that IS overpowered, maybe we should fix that? We sure wouldn't like something like that in OUR game."

Yes, that comment is right in the freaking topic of this thread. You and the topic creator both are insisting it's Gearbox's decision when the video served up as proof, with the exact time of the video even marked, outright states "We're looking into it because THE COMMUNITY FEELS IT'S OVERPOWERED". They didn't say they think it's overpowered or that the community made them realize it's overpowered. It's because the community feels it is, and that they still want to keep the "super cool" effect of it (meaning they WANT it to have the awesome amp damage that makes it worthy of being a legendary). At least have the decency to own the fact that you guys complaining about people playing THEIR game in a way you didn't like and then crying about it got Gearbox to look into nerfing it.

Ummm it STILL IS THEIR DECISION, WE CAN'T FORCE THEM!!!! They can only do it if THEY want to. And if they want to that means they agree, else they would stamp out duping, no?

And it can have awesome amp damage, that's fine! But the way it's implemented now means the "negatives" (ohhh 15k less shields that instantly recharge WHAT A GREAT DRAWBACK) aren't even an issue when deciding to use the shield.

Firstly, did you even read any of this topic? Because you're saying that you guys(the whiny, vocal minority)can't make them change it, well when a company thinks that all of their fans(no matter how childish they are about it)wants something nerfed, they are going to nerf it because they would risk losing what they think is most of their playerbase, so yeah you whining babies are pretty much forcing them to nerf it. Congrats on being those people that ruin every game with constant complaining about something that really doesn't need fixed because you guys don't want anyone having any fun in any way other than your own(the my way or the highway type of thinking won't get you very far in life to be honest.)
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?
#419MetaIGearRexPosted 10/7/2012 11:58:38 AM
Gearbox on Terra.

"If you don't curse the design team at least five times on the way to beating this guy, we haven't done our jobs," says producer Randy Varnell with a smile.

First time I fought we killed him in under 20 seconds.......... Gearbox didn't do their jobs, they know it and they are trying to fix it.
#420bluesleeperPosted 10/7/2012 12:02:45 PM
I always knew there was a reason I avoided multiplayer, its the elitist attitude, the holier than thou anti cheater brigade that really sucks the fun out of games.

Yes, here's a game, this is how you play, now mindless drone, grind for 100 hours to get a neat toy, impact on the real world? 0.

Too busy with a real life to be a super dedicated elite gamer? You're s.o.l. because the super dedicated elite gamer don't think you should be able to see anything neat without sacrificing friends, family, and personal hygiene in order to get at the neat stuff.

Something in the game giving you an edge? Can't have that either, superelitegamerman/woman says a game must make the commoners rip out their hair in frustration, otherwise its not any fun for superelitegamerman/woman.

What's that you say? You're a bright programmy type guy and you've cracked the gamesave to make a super awesome nifty toy so you can breeze through without a care? Well, you're a frickin genius in my book, but superelitegamerman/woman says you are evil, and the fact that you exist ruins the game for them, so you must die.

Super elite gamers have built for themselves an imaginary world where all their hard work, and all the time spent grinding, actually means something. And when the rest of us find a work around, it invalidates their feelings of accomplishment and self worth.

Seek professional help super elites, its not the game that needs re-balancing, it's you
---
Um, yeah, that just happened