1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. 1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!
3 years ago#421
MetaIGearRex posted...
NinjaMarion posted...
Once you've beaten The Warrior or Terra, guess what? It doesn't change. They don't somehow get harder. They stay the same difficulty, and once you've proven you can beat them, the challenge is gone, thus just lengthening the time to farm items.

The fact that you get the Bee before both those Bosses, negates that whole argument. Nice try though.

But you're right. Just because you say so, it should arbitrarily take two to three times longer, just so your challenge will be maintained... in your playing the game on your own completely separately from me. And even though it's not more challenging, just more time-consuming.
not because I said so, because Gearbox said so ;d

It doesn't negate the argument, if he beats them without the Bee then why not use a faster method to beat them? He's already gotten the challenge he wants out of it so it's just a faster way to farm him. So stop trying to act all high and mighty while you're doing the exact thing right now, that's just hypocritical.
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?
3 years ago#422
MetaIGearRex posted...
Gearbox on Terra.

"If you don't curse the design team at least five times on the way to beating this guy, we haven't done our jobs," says producer Randy Varnell with a smile.

First time I fought we killed him in under 20 seconds.......... Gearbox didn't do their jobs, they know it and they are trying to fix it.

Are you even remotely reading the drivel you're typing? They didn't do their jobs and they're fixing it? How in the blue hell is nerfing the Bee going to fix it? Again, I point out all the other multitudes of ways people have killed Terramorphous in a minute or less. Nerfing one shield, that you the massively skilled player looking for challenges clearly didn't use in that 20 second kill, isn't going to fix that at all. For Christ's sake, I've seen a 3 minute MELEE ONLY Zer0 kill of Terra, yet somehow nerfing the Bee is going to fix Terramorphous and make it the epic, long, drawn-out, massive raid battle it's supposed to be.

Also, I've gotta point out how hilarious it is that you've been in this thread crying that the Bee is ruining the challenge of the game, while over on the Gearbox forums, you have people that actually want a challenge making up ridiculous ones of their own like killing Terra with all white gear. So again, the Bee doesn't break the challenge. You being whiny and complaining about how other people play their game does.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=165250
---
I found a pearlescent at Crawmerax. Then threw it off the cliff. :)
3 years ago#423
All these mad Skyrim players losing their ezmode button [reaction pic]
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
3 years ago#424
NinjaMarion posted...
MetaIGearRex posted...
Gearbox on Terra.

"If you don't curse the design team at least five times on the way to beating this guy, we haven't done our jobs," says producer Randy Varnell with a smile.

First time I fought we killed him in under 20 seconds.......... Gearbox didn't do their jobs, they know it and they are trying to fix it.

Are you even remotely reading the drivel you're typing? They didn't do their jobs and they're fixing it? How in the blue hell is nerfing the Bee going to fix it? Again, I point out all the other multitudes of ways people have killed Terramorphous in a minute or less. Nerfing one shield, that you the massively skilled player looking for challenges clearly didn't use in that 20 second kill, isn't going to fix that at all. For Christ's sake, I've seen a 3 minute MELEE ONLY Zer0 kill of Terra, yet somehow nerfing the Bee is going to fix Terramorphous and make it the epic, long, drawn-out, massive raid battle it's supposed to be.

Also, I've gotta point out how hilarious it is that you've been in this thread crying that the Bee is ruining the challenge of the game, while over on the Gearbox forums, you have people that actually want a challenge making up ridiculous ones of their own like killing Terra with all white gear. So again, the Bee doesn't break the challenge. You being whiny and complaining about how other people play their game does.

Actually I agree with most of that. I argue against the Bee because its a small step in the right direction. Really I think every single enemy at least on TVHM need big buffs.
3 years ago#425
In order to make Terramorphus difficult all they would have to do is multiply his HP by a hundred. Now making Terramorphus an actually engaging fight and not just a lazily-tacked on appeal to Crawmerax farmers, that would take effort.
---
ioioioioioio man
The Heap is short for heap of BS ~Slyfox729
3 years ago#426
MetaIGearRex posted...
NinjaMarion posted...
MetaIGearRex posted...
Gearbox on Terra.

Actually I agree with most of that. I argue against the Bee because its a small step in the right direction. Really I think every single enemy at least on TVHM need big buffs.

Hey look there, I've gotta way to fix it for both sides, make two different different modes, Original and Whiny Elitist mode, we can work on the name later.
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?
3 years ago#427
The_Heap posted...
In order to make Terramorphus difficult all they would have to do is multiply his HP by a hundred. Now making Terramorphus an actually engaging fight and not just a lazily-tacked on appeal to Crawmerax farmers, that would take effort.

Dodge roll, would make everything better.
3 years ago#428
72 more!
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
3 years ago#429
the bee isn't the problem the bosses are. even w/o the bee, you can pretty much dominate them. the only thing i see is people wanting the bosses a longer fight. whats the point if they are still a pushover even without the bee. instead of nerfing the bee, they should buff the bosses.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
3 years ago#430
Here's what I'd do to Terramorphus:

-His melee should do much more damage, probably more HP than any character could realistically have.
-Multiply his HP by about 1.8 on both playthroughs.
-Make him immune to all damage except fire damage and critical hit damage of all kinds. He is still immune to fire in his fire form.
-In addition to the fire form, he also has a slag form that causes him to do less damage but applies slag to his melee attacks.
-The blackhole attack is no longer random and he always does it when he reaches half-health even if it means interrupting one of his own attacks. After the blackhole wears off he gains very small health regen, probably about 1000 HP per second.
-He can move without burrowing, but still burrows. While moving he has the ability to launch spikes.

And the tentacles:

-They should be totally disconnected from Terramorphus and never disappear before death. There should also be much more of them, so many that even a four player party could not realistically kill them all before they respawn.
-They should gain about double their old HP and be even weaker to melee attacks.
-The mashers should always "guard" Terramorphus. The fire ones gain the ability to burrow underground, and the rock-slinging ones launch rocks faster.
---
ioioioioioio man
The Heap is short for heap of BS ~Slyfox729
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. 1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived