1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!

#441DeathRtHPosted 10/7/2012 12:58:51 PM
hibmosis posted...

It'll just be another item sent off to the merchant.

I Agree, i spent, 6 hrs farming my first one at Lv. 48 , even longer farming Confrence calls to use with it. class mods for ammo cap/Mag Size. Relics for dmg. it was annoting and now all the progresss, time, GONE. the way i look at it, if you dont like it, dont use it, and host your own game

(didnt wanna do full quote X-X)
anyways srsly, they shouldnt nerf it, if people dont want it around they host, and kick bee users, dont ruin my fun.
#442GujinKami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 1:01:05 PM
Exactly, who the heck wants to spend 20 minutes fighting against a boss in hopes they drop a Head, Skin, or Weapon they want and keep doing it over and over and over again.

If the Bosses were guaranteed to drop something good everytime, then fine, but when you keep finding garbage, it's a joke. I spent a lot of time trying to get Verm to spawn and when I finally did and killed him, he dropped Garbage.

Which is why Borderlands gives better drops the more people are in the game. I was in a 3 man group, and first kill on The Warrior gave us an orange. He never dropped another orange for me until I forced a grind for the CC.

More players = more enjoyable boss fights = better loot = fun
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
#443DahpiePosted 10/7/2012 1:02:22 PM
GujinKami posted...
Grinding in this game is unfun

My point proven, then. The Bee encourages grinding. Grinding is unfun. The Bee is unfun.

Logically, when it gets nerfed, a normal person shouldn't care.

Yes because that makes total sense. Grinding is unfun using the bee is fun (Debatable)

Regardless whether grinding is unfun that doesn't instantly making the using the bee unfun that is a stupid comment.

Also farming only becomes unfun in this game because getting legendaries requires to much effort and don't make the assumption I dislike farming but 9 hours of farming for nothing is totally not acceptable.
#444DahpiePosted 10/7/2012 1:04:07 PM
htka posted...
Dahpie posted...
GujinKami posted...
"gearbox says they don't care about OP'ness in there game it was about fun"

The shield isn't fun though. It just goes from bosses being fun to fight with group of friends, to saving, quiting, reloading, killing the boss in a few seconds, repeating step 1, and generally becoming an unfun grind.

Grinding in this game is unfun anyway because of the absurd drop rate also isn't what your explaining the whole purpose of grinding?. And what people dictate as fun varies from person to person.

Exactly, who the heck wants to spend 20 minutes fighting against a boss in hopes they drop a Head, Skin, or Weapon they want and keep doing it over and over and over again.

If the Bosses were guaranteed to drop something good everytime, then fine, but when you keep finding garbage, it's a joke. I spent a lot of time trying to get Verm to spawn and when I finally did and killed him, he dropped Garbage.

I agree with you, farming is not fun in this game, I was talking about how he said using the shield is fun, that is debatable.
#445htkaPosted 10/7/2012 1:09:53 PM
GujinKami posted...

Which is why Borderlands gives better drops the more people are in the game. I was in a 3 man group, and first kill on The Warrior gave us an orange. He never dropped another orange for me until I forced a grind for the CC.

This is DEFINITELY not true in any multiplayer games I have farmed in. I have found better loot playing solo than playing with 3 other people.

Terra is definitely tougher with 3 other people, but drops the same garbage as if you were playing solo. I also only found my only Orange weapon from the Warrior playing Solo. Multiplayer got me crap.

All this is going to do is promote Duping more than people trying to find weapons on their own.
#446DahpiePosted 10/7/2012 1:12:44 PM
htka posted...
GujinKami posted...

This is DEFINITELY not true in any multiplayer games I have farmed in. I have found better loot playing solo than playing with 3 other people.

Terra is definitely tougher with 3 other people, but drops the same garbage as if you were playing solo. I also only found my only Orange weapon from the Warrior playing Solo. Multiplayer got me crap.

All this is going to do is promote Duping more than people trying to find weapons on their own.

Exactly why they should increase the drop rate on legendaries but oh I forgot I posted that on here and everyone was like "No we don't want that even though it would probably encourage people not too dupe".
#447htkaPosted 10/7/2012 1:14:43 PM(edited)
And talking about Grinding, how about grinding on the stupid Slot Machines. I've wasted millions and still haven't gotten the Jackpot challenge.

or for all the people who still haven't killed Jimmy Jenkins yet.

It's not the Bee or any other weapon that makes the game unfun, it's the game play itself that makes it unfun and requirements.
#448Erupt50Posted 10/7/2012 1:14:48 PM
I hope they do Nerf the bee. There are so many other awesome shields that do some cool stuff but nobody would even bother looking at them once they have the bee.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#449DahpiePosted 10/7/2012 1:20:02 PM
Erupt50 posted...
I hope they do Nerf the bee. There are so many other awesome shields that do some cool stuff but nobody would even bother looking at them once they have the bee.

I wouldn't go that far, the bee is manly used to farm raid bosses. I use all the other shields because thats the part of this game, using different shields is part of the fun. Especially the grenade mods..Homing bee anyone?
#450incinerator950Posted 10/7/2012 1:20:49 PM
GujinKami posted...

Not always. I can confirm that even with 20% Rare drop boosters, the drop rates are still garbage. It was like this in BL1, its like it again. Worse, Terramorpheous doesn't drop a large selection of good gear besides a handful of good/bad looking skins and heads, a Class Mod, and some orange/Eridians and his trademark Terramorpheous gear (which are actually good).

The Bee shield is a joke, but its only function right now is a super Amp with no drawback to farm bosses we can't be bothered to repetitively farm. I'm more insulted that Gearbox took such cocky pride with their Raid Boss at Pax, and it turned out to be a joke compared to Crawmerax without a Bee shield. At least Oranges have a purpose, unlike most of the Pearlescent and Rares in BL1. Its also nice and sometimes inconvenient and annoying that Rares are mostly grouped to random bosses or sub-monsters. Then you have that walking disaster Vermiverous.

If you're going to defend legitimate farming, then do it right. Terramorpheous is a bad boss, both in a fight and in reward.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst