1:24:10 Nerfs Confirmed!

#461incinerator950Posted 10/7/2012 1:35:36 PM
GujinKami posted...
Sorry, I can't remember the majority of Rarer weapons in BL being meaningful until the Armory.

Orion
Orge
Hellfire
Defiler
Masher
Anarchy
Raven
Draco

Off the top of my head, at least. I'm sure there are more.

Orion was great
Ogre was okay, easily ignorable
Hellfire was generally crap unless you found a good one (which was rare compared to finding the gun itself)
Defiler was meh
Masher was above average
Anarchy was good, but it wasn't Legendary
Raven was below meh
Draco was renamed to a lower tier. It was good but lower in aspect to a good Hellfire.

I have the list of Legendaries, but I don't want to sort them pre-Armor and Post, and its starting to get off topic.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst
#462CinderDragon77Posted 10/7/2012 1:40:43 PM
Reiver_Neriahz posted...
Reiver_Neriahz posted...

Ummm it STILL IS THEIR DECISION, WE CAN'T FORCE THEM!!!! They can only do it if THEY want to. And if they want to that means they agree, else they would stamp out duping, no?

And it can have awesome amp damage, that's fine! But the way it's implemented now means the "negatives" (ohhh 15k less shields that instantly recharge WHAT A GREAT DRAWBACK) aren't even an issue when deciding to use the shield.

CinderDragon77 posted...Firstly, did you even read any of this topic? Because you're saying that you guys(the whiny, vocal minority)can't make them change it, well when a company thinks that all of their fans(no matter how childish they are about it)wants something nerfed, they are going to nerf it because they would risk losing what they think is most of their playerbase, so yeah you whining babies are pretty much forcing them to nerf it. Congrats on being those people that ruin every game with constant complaining about something that really doesn't need fixed because you guys don't want anyone having any fun in any way other than your own(the my way or the highway type of thinking won't get you very far in life to be honest.)

Wow, it's not even that serious of an issue. Nobody is saying they aren't going to play or support Gearbox anymore, this isn't anywhere near like the Mass Effect 3 ending fiasco, so you can stop making things up.

There isn't any risk, they can do what they like and nobody would think any less of them. Except maybe you, since you believe they don't have a right to consider their audience's input.

I honestly don't care what they do, so you can stop grouping me with the "whiners" (which, by the way, is what you're doing). Do I think The Bee is overpowered? Of course. Do I think Gearbox NEEDS to change it? Of course NOT. Do I support how they're handling it? Indeed.

Please point out what I made up, thanks. Oh and if you aren't supporting it then stop trying to defend the reasons that it's happening because that just so happens to put you in the group that whined/are still whining about it to get it nerfed. I just wish that you would stop trying to say that you aren't forcing them to do it because they said that all that whining was what got them to look into it in the first place. Yes you are in the group of whiners and I put you there due to the comments you'd been making about this. Oh and I'd love to see where I said they weren't going to support them anymore, try to read that of part of the comment again to see if you comprehended any of it correctly.

Oh and you say that it doesn't need changed yet you're supporting the fact that they're going to change it, definitely correct to put you in the group with the whiners then, you can't adopt neutrality when all of your posts heavily relay that you are for the bee nerf and hence in the whiner group.
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?
#463ryan0991Posted 10/7/2012 1:43:43 PM
Orion was great
Hellfire was generally crap unless you found a good one (which was rare compared to finding the gun itself)
Defiler was meh
Masher was above average
Raven was below meh
Draco was renamed to a lower tier. It was good but lower in aspect to a good Hellfire.

What?!

Orge was an absolute beast. Even more so in the hands of a properly specced Brick.
Hellfire is the exact opposite of what you claim. Even bad ones were good because of the massive elemental damage.
Defiler is one of the best revolvers. Crimson Lance should fear it.
Masher just "above average"? You mean aside from allowing Mordecai to put out insane damage numbers?
Raven... didn't really care for it either.
---
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#464BhelliumPosted 10/7/2012 1:44:33 PM
Why?
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#465tiamat999Posted 10/7/2012 1:46:37 PM
hopefully they dont take the blizzard route of nerfing it to the point where it becomes useless
---
favorite six animated shows 1 the Venture bros 2 gargoyles 3 avengers EMH 4 justice league 5 super robot wars og the inspector 6 ragnarok the animation
#466incinerator950Posted 10/7/2012 1:59:40 PM
ryan0991 posted...
Orion was great
Defiler was meh
Masher was above average
Raven was below meh

What?!

Orge was an absolute beast. Even more so in the hands of a properly specced Brick.
Hellfire is the exact opposite of what you claim. Even bad ones were good because of the massive elemental damage.
Defiler is one of the best revolvers. Crimson Lance should fear it.
Masher just "above average"? You mean aside from allowing Mordecai to put out insane damage numbers?
Raven... didn't really care for it either.

I have very high standards for weapons, Ogre was good for Explosive but easily ignorable compared to a Skullmasher, Orion, and Bessy. A Bad Hellfire is still a bad weapon, a half-assed Anarchy will make up more than the damage. Defiler was not great, and I didn't specifically use characters who creamed over for them. Didn't use Mordecai past the achievement.

What I really treasured was my Serpens, Anarchy, and Eridian Thunder Storm. I spent many long hours continuously farming for better ones until I was satisfied with a level 61 high damage high mag one. After 69 I regretted parting with it and had my friend find my old copy because we couldn't make or find a better damage to mag cap.

Anyway, topic aside what other nerfs are there besides the Bee?
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst
#467GujinKami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 2:01:40 PM
Anyway, topic aside what other nerfs are there besides the Bee?

None actually.

On a side note though, I hope they patch in the 3rd raid boss.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
#468WakeUpMrBubblesPosted 10/7/2012 2:02:12 PM
Man, Gujin, you have like the least attractive personality of anyone I've seen on these forums. Normally when there's a disagreement about something like this and it breaks your way a mature person just takes that as a fortunate victory and moves on. What you've done here is antagonize the entire community at every opportunity, belittle the legitimate opinions of others and carry on like an out of control adolescent. I'm starting to think you were bullied a lot in your life and this internet persona allows you to explore what it's like to be a dick without any serious repercussions. I'm really not sure whether I'm for the Bee but I'm definitely against you.

It's not enough for you to get what you want, you have to stick it to someone else whose unhappy about it? What does that say about you? Regardless of whether your technical opinion on the matter is correct, the amount of enjoyment you seem to get out of other people's disappointment and frustration is really sad. You'd be much happier and more even keel if you could get above that. Being a dick's a cheap thrill. Try being a adult. It takes a lot of effort, something you seem to think is important, but it's very rewarding.
---
GT: WakeUpMrBubbles
#469Reiver_NeriahzPosted 10/7/2012 2:02:20 PM
CinderDragon77 posted...
Reiver_Neriahz posted...
Reiver_Neriahz posted...

Ummm it STILL IS THEIR DECISION, WE CAN'T FORCE THEM!!!! They can only do it if THEY want to. And if they want to that means they agree, else they would stamp out duping, no?

And it can have awesome amp damage, that's fine! But the way it's implemented now means the "negatives" (ohhh 15k less shields that instantly recharge WHAT A GREAT DRAWBACK) aren't even an issue when deciding to use the shield.

CinderDragon77 posted...Firstly, did you even read any of this topic? Because you're saying that you guys(the whiny, vocal minority)can't make them change it, well when a company thinks that all of their fans(no matter how childish they are about it)wants something nerfed, they are going to nerf it because they would risk losing what they think is most of their playerbase, so yeah you whining babies are pretty much forcing them to nerf it. Congrats on being those people that ruin every game with constant complaining about something that really doesn't need fixed because you guys don't want anyone having any fun in any way other than your own(the my way or the highway type of thinking won't get you very far in life to be honest.)

Wow, it's not even that serious of an issue. Nobody is saying they aren't going to play or support Gearbox anymore, this isn't anywhere near like the Mass Effect 3 ending fiasco, so you can stop making things up.

There isn't any risk, they can do what they like and nobody would think any less of them. Except maybe you, since you believe they don't have a right to consider their audience's input.

I honestly don't care what they do, so you can stop grouping me with the "whiners" (which, by the way, is what you're doing). Do I think The Bee is overpowered? Of course. Do I think Gearbox NEEDS to change it? Of course NOT. Do I support how they're handling it? Indeed.

Please point out what I made up, thanks. Oh and if you aren't supporting it then stop trying to defend the reasons that it's happening because that just so happens to put you in the group that whined/are still whining about it to get it nerfed. I just wish that you would stop trying to say that you aren't forcing them to do it because they said that all that whining was what got them to look into it in the first place. Yes you are in the group of whiners and I put you there due to the comments you'd been making about this. Oh and I'd love to see where I said they weren't going to support them anymore, try to read that of part of the comment again to see if you comprehended any of it correctly.

Oh and you say that it doesn't need changed yet you're supporting the fact that they're going to change it, definitely correct to put you in the group with the whiners then, you can't adopt neutrality when all of your posts heavily relay that you are for the bee nerf and hence in the whiner group.

WTF is your problem? You made up that Gearbox stood to lose most of their playerbase, where did you get that from? Not one person said they would stop playing because of this shield, SO YOU MADE THAT UP. And I never said you weren't going to support them anymore. I said you MIGHT think less of them for nerfing the shield. So please "try to read that of part of the comment again to see if you comprehended any of it correctly."
I highlighted the important parts since you like to misinterpret what I say and fight your made up arguments.

And I can adopt neutrality when I don't care what they do. I'm not going to care either way, but to pretend like it isn't overpowered is ridiculous.
---
GT: Reiver Neriah
Maliwan <3
#470GujinKami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 2:11:12 PM
Man, Gujin, you have like the least attractive personality of anyone I've seen on these forums. Normally when there's a disagreement about something like this and it breaks your way a mature person just takes that as a fortunate victory and moves on. What you've done here is antagonize the entire community at every opportunity, belittle the legitimate opinions of others and carry on like an out of control adolescent. I'm starting to think you were bullied a lot in your life and this internet persona allows you to explore what it's like to be a dick without any serious repercussions. I'm really not sure whether I'm for the Bee but I'm definitely against you.

It's not enough for you to get what you want, you have to stick it to someone else whose unhappy about it? What does that say about you? Regardless of whether your technical opinion on the matter is correct, the amount of enjoyment you seem to get out of other people's disappointment and frustration is really sad. You'd be much happier and more even keel if you could get above that. Being a dick's a cheap thrill. Try being a adult. It takes a lot of effort, something you seem to think is important, but it's very rewarding.

I feel it's better to treat others the way they treat you. There have been 0 legitimate opinions, aside from "It doesn't affect you!" or "Just ignore it!" followed by a bunch of insults calling people who sided with my opinion "Babies" or "Whiners"

Besides, this board is terrible. Every single troll topic made before this topic has gotten 50-300 posts easy, even when the TC came right out and said "Okay guys I'm trolling you don't have to respond!" in the first post. On a respectable board, I'd never let something like this escalate to this point, but, and this is MY opinion, this is just a terrible board for game discussion, and I see nor eason to take anything seriously here. If I want a legit argument or discussion, there's always the Gearbox forums.

Also, I'm a terrible person for defending myself from insults? Go ahead, just skim through the topic. You can't go at least 20 posts without somebody throwing out the "baby" or "whiner" insults. It's disrespectful, and furthens my point about not taking this board seriously.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg