Wtf... the people who made this game are the same people who made Duke Nukem For

#1TDWPDeadThronePosted 10/6/2012 12:04:14 AM
Forever? Seriously? I was browsing the official Gearbox website and I was surprised to see Duke Nukem Forever on their list of games. I mean who would've thought that the same people who made such a HORRIBLE game made a Masterpiece of a game called Borderlands 2..
#2JustAScrubPosted 10/6/2012 12:07:14 AM
Well what happened with DNF was that it changed hands as far as developers go several times. Gearbox was essentially handed a pile of poop and expected to create a diamond out of it. They did the best they could with the time they had.

Do some research on the disaster of how that game was handled. The good news is that Gearbox owns the rights so if they decide to, they can actually make a Duke Nukem game from scratch.
---
Think For Yourself; Question Authority.
Apparently grapeade is satan's ball sweat, 'cause I seriously thought I was gonna die and go to hell.... --Zipdiggler
#3Snake_GauntletPosted 10/6/2012 12:17:45 AM
You honestly can't expect much out of a game that' been on and off works for what? 14+ years? The fact that they game was even made and ceased being a meme is kind of a feat.
---
Chalepa Ta Kala
GT: Tanooki359
#4Purple_CheetahPosted 10/6/2012 12:20:40 AM
There was something about them wanting the rights to it, and in order to do so... had to inherit a train wreck to fix up first.
#5AcquirePosted 10/6/2012 12:23:14 AM
Gearbox didn't make DNF. They merely finished the mess 3D Realms had created. Gearbox didn't want to see it die given that it was really close to completion and that the Gearbox CEO had originally worked on it many years prior.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#6Doctor Vulpes FoxPosted 10/6/2012 12:24:01 AM
They also made Opposing Force.

So there's that. :V
---
"That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far."
#7tzar_666Posted 10/6/2012 12:27:13 AM
TDWPDeadThrone posted...
Forever? Seriously? I was browsing the official Gearbox website and I was surprised to see Duke Nukem Forever on their list of games. I mean who would've thought that the same people who made such a HORRIBLE game made a Masterpiece of a game called Borderlands 2..

when they got that mess there was little they could do with it..12 years old outdated and mismanaged . lucky they could do anything with it
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#8Overd0sPosted 10/6/2012 12:28:01 AM
I am actually very proud to own Duke Nukem Forever, i bought it for 5 dollars but i'd be ok paying 20 for it

It is criticized far too much for what it truly is; it is an entertaining game. I am happier that i bought DNF than i am that i paid 1 cent for Perfect Dark Zero lol
---
Stop Welching 2012!
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/MysterySolved/RayLewis.jpg
#9ShinRaKnightPosted 10/6/2012 12:35:26 AM
Gearbox are champs for making DNF.

Let's be real here, DNF was in purgatory for more than a decade, we were more than likely never going to see it.

what Gearbox essentially did was the ultimate fan service. They bought the rights, put the finishing touches on it and shipped it out.

I really doubt anyone expected the game to be good. But at least they can say that it was released.
---
GT- Abyssal Shift
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinRaKnight
#10Super_Game_guruPosted 10/6/2012 12:37:01 AM
ShinRaKnight posted...
Gearbox are champs for making DNF.

Let's be real here, DNF was in purgatory for more than a decade, we were more than likely never going to see it.

what Gearbox essentially did was the ultimate fan service. They bought the rights, put the finishing touches on it and shipped it out.

I really doubt anyone expected the game to be good. But at least they can say that it was released.

You have a good point, it's always a shame when an anticipated game becomes vaporware
---
PSN: Voknelim Gamertag: Soviet Milenkov