Should they nerf The Bee?

#141Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 10/6/2012 12:21:28 PM
Buring13 posted...
Bees can only sting once, afterall.

This...... They should have it fully drain the shields, yet buff the damage it does up more.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#142Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 10/6/2012 12:26:54 PM
GujinKami posted...
Tell that to Diablo 3. Things getting nerfed right under your feet.

D3's reasoning of nerfs is completely different to actual games being nerfed, since Blizzard just nerfs items in that game to keep the RMAH relevant.

I find the RMAH a interesting idea, but I also find it bad in a way that they need to nerf things to make people want to use it more.
---
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#143SeraphLancePosted 10/6/2012 12:34:55 PM
There are a lot of things they could do to keep the shield at legendary status:

-Distribute shotgun damage across pellets. Keeps it at the very top of the orange shields, but still far more acceptable. Obviously keeps with the Bee Muhammad Ali theme, which is important.

-Keep the zero-drain, but drop the amp damage down toward the level of regular amp shields (roughly divided by 3). No, the capacity is not an offset to this. Capacity counters the zero-drain. the high recharge delay counters the recharge rate. The gigantic amp damage has no counter, and is far beyond legendary status in and of itself. This would make a 50 Bee about three times as good as a current ~27 Bee, probably still best shield in the game, but still far more acceptable. Keeps with the Bee theme too.

-Refactor amp shields to run with a cooldown (but still requiring full shields to use) instead of using the shield drain, and give the bee a shorter cooldown. This has the added bonus of making regular amp shields not horribly suck, and makes The Bee a lot more tweakable in general. May not be possible, and may break the theme behind the legendary shield in the first place.

There's probably plenty other possibilities, but these are just the first that came to mind.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#144pariah23Posted 10/6/2012 12:35:20 PM
CloakedNub posted...
So you're trying to tell me the entire Gearbox development staff never communicated with one another. Right...

No, I'm saying that a designer screwed up and created a broken item and then QA screwed up and didn't test it at all. Or even look at the stats for the 5 seconds it would take for any reasonable person with a basic understanding of the game's mechanics to see that it should not exist in that state.

Speaking as someone who has been a programmer for 20+ years, that sort of scenario happens all the time in game development.
#145Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 10/6/2012 12:43:30 PM
SeraphLance posted...

-Distribute shotgun damage across pellets. Keeps it at the very top of the orange shields, but still far more acceptable. Obviously keeps with the Bee Muhammad Ali theme, which is important.

Would this affect the number of bullets left in a tediore gun when it is thrown (assuming the bee amplifies the same amount of damage for each bullet left in the gun when thrown)?

Though it would likely make it better (seem less overpowered) if the damage was spread across the number of pellets/bullets
---
#146SeraphLancePosted 10/6/2012 12:47:35 PM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
SeraphLance posted...

Would this affect the number of bullets left in a tediore gun when it is thrown (assuming the bee amplifies the same amount of damage for each bullet left in the gun when thrown)?

Though it would likely make it better (seem less overpowered) if the damage was spread across the number of pellets/bullets

Hmm... I haven't really toyed with conventional Tediore reloads much since getting the shield and my Deliverance, but I would assume sane behavior not to multiply the number of bullets left in the magazine by the amp damage.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#147GamerGoonXPosted 10/6/2012 12:49:10 PM
1. Gearbox rather make DLC to make money.
2. This article stats gearbox encourages modding.

http://www.thebitbag.com/2012/07/08/sdk-borderlands-2-gearbox-encourages-modding/

3. Duping will never go away unless the game makes you save on a cloud style server like every MMO such as Wow, D3, PSU, DFO, etc. Borderlands 2 is NOT A MMO

Speaking of RPGs, most of them have GOD-Tier gear that makes a single player strong enough to solo easily and efficiently

We all payed about 60 bucks for the game so we should all play it as we like...
Terrimorphis is not as hard as verrimorphis or crawmirax...Hell Crawmirax had only a few spots that you could damage him.

So not only do I think they should not nerf the bee, I highly doubt they will...

Make new friends to party with that agree with your play style if u have a beef with it and stop playing with randoms if that really bothers you.
#148BannanaBomb2002Posted 10/6/2012 12:49:16 PM
Ohhh no. Someone has an end game item that breaks the game. Where have I seen this? Pretty much every loot based single player game ever. Bunch of crybabies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ9pT338DYo
#149Buring13Posted 10/6/2012 12:49:47 PM
CaffeineSnorter posted...
Bees can only sting once, afterall.

How the hell did you guy's miss this post? This guys explains it all.

I was a bit upset when it seemed like no one saw that. You restored some of my faith in this board.
---
Forza Italia
No Miccoli, No Party
#150BannanaBomb2002Posted 10/6/2012 12:50:37 PM
MenuWars posted...
Okay then let's look at this from an unbiased perspective, Terramorphous was touted as a MASSIVE challenge prior to release,

Its called hype.