Should they nerf The Bee?

#171AwesomeFawfulPosted 10/6/2012 12:19:53 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
From: AwesomeFawful | Posted: 10/6/2012 4:16:30 PM | #167
You all have such compelling evidence that they are in fact nerfing The Bee.

"We're taking a look into it" somehow translates into "We're nerfing the f*** out of the thing".

I love you, Internet.

http://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/254666987479904256

Good job reading into sarcasm, there.
---
Fawful for SSB4!
You cannot fully comprehend what my mind thinks.
#172GujinKamiPosted 10/6/2012 12:20:37 PM

"I was only pretending to be stupid!"
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
#173StopthinkPosted 10/6/2012 12:21:33 PM
CloakedNub posted...
Stopthink posted...

Not playing online = not doing anything online

Glad we cleared that up.

He's not playing online. He's appearing online to friends. I don't see what's to misunderstand here.

pariah23 posted...

Anthony Burch is a writer who clearly isn't even aware what exactly the item does, so don't try to claim that he had any input on game mechanics, item design, or overall balance. It's painfully obvious that no one in charge of balance ever looked at the item after it was created, because there's no way any sane person would have let something like that slip out. Saying it was intended is as ridiculous as saying that Gearbox intended for there to be a text file on the PC version that could be edited to unlock 255 golden keys and all the pre-order/CE DLCs.

So you're trying to tell me the entire Gearbox development staff never communicated with one another. Right...

SeraphLance posted...
tl;dr

Reductio ad absurdum says that people who support keeping The Bee as is are full of ****, and I don't give a damn what you want if it affects my game experience negatively.

Same goes to people who want to nerf The Bee. So, yeah.

I don't know, tell me what you are misunderstanding? I said what you do online affects people. You're talking about appearing online. Are you doing anything just by appearing online? No. I really don't even know why you're talking about this.
---
imo for the tight asses
#174Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/6/2012 12:22:26 PM
Sarcasm doesn't translate well into text, mate.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#175SeraphLancePosted 10/6/2012 12:22:38 PM
GujinKami posted...

"I was only pretending to be stupid!"

QFT. That didn't look a thing like sarcasm.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#176CloakedNubPosted 10/6/2012 12:26:00 PM
Stopthink posted...
I don't know, tell me what you are misunderstanding? I said what you do online affects people. You're talking about appearing online. Are you doing anything just by appearing online? No. I really don't even know why you're talking about this.

What people do online does effect other people online. But the post you replied to never said they were playing online. They said they were appearing online to friends only. Maybe you should take your username's advice.
#177MixorzPosted 10/6/2012 12:41:48 PM
Despite whether the game is SP, MP, MMO, etc. if there is a broken aspect of the game it needs to fixed. Period. The Bee is incredibly broken and needs to be fixed. No ifs ands or buts.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#178RavetownPosted 10/6/2012 12:42:19 PM
I think people mistakenly take this as a, moral issue. "There is no PVP, so it can't hurt anyone". But it's not about morality. It's about the integrity of a system.

1. Gearbox designed all systems in Borderlands, including all weapons and items.
2. Gearbox did not fully test the Bee combinations, which reveal all other combinations as considerably lesser
3. Gearbox did not intend for any items to be as strong as said combination, so they must either adjust the rest of the system or adjust the anomaly.

Which part do you not understand? It's not about "controlling your fun", it's about the health of Borderlands as a whole.
#179BhelliumPosted 10/6/2012 12:48:26 PM(edited)
lol "integrity of the system"
You lawful neutrals, so silly.

Not that you're wrong, just thought it was funny. Mr. Bee is definitely OP as balls, if Gearbox thinks it needs a nerf they can knock themselves out.

10:1 says they only change future drops though. And this topic has blown the hell up, 500 maybe?
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#180AwesomeFawfulPosted 10/6/2012 12:47:07 PM
Mixorz posted...
Despite whether the game is SP, MP, MMO, etc. if there is a broken aspect of the game it needs to fixed. Period. The Bee is incredibly broken and needs to be fixed. No ifs ands or buts.

If The Bee had over 60k shield and a recharge delay of 0.0, then yes, it would be broken. But it doesn't.

Also, a lot of you are forgetting that the shield itself is not allowing one to do over 3 mil per hit, skills, relics and class mods also affect all this.

They should just remove relics and class mods that do bonuses to stats and certain weapon type, and nerf the hell out of skills that increase damage while we're at it.
---
Fawful for SSB4!
You cannot fully comprehend what my mind thinks.