Should they nerf The Bee?

#181Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/6/2012 1:51:27 PM
I don't think it's any secret at this point that I agree with Ravetown. Randy's tweet read "Bee is SO getting nerfed" - To me, personally, that doesn't read as "The community whined, so we're giving in"

To me, it reads "The community gave us feedback, I looked into it personally, and happen to agree."
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#182GujinKamiPosted 10/6/2012 1:53:24 PM
Also, a lot of you are forgetting that the shield itself is not allowing one to do over 3 mil per hit, skills, relics and class mods also affect all this.

They should just remove relics and class mods that do bonuses to stats and certain weapon type, and nerf the hell out of skills that increase damage while we're at it.

Yes. Shotguns allow it to do absurd amounts of damage, not just the shield.

And you can go in with just The Bee and Conference Call, nothing else equipped with no skill points or BA points toggled, and STILL wipe the ground with Terramorphous in about 15 or so seconds.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
#183SeraphLancePosted 10/6/2012 1:54:18 PM
AwesomeFawful posted...
If The Bee had over 60k shield and a recharge delay of 0.0, then yes, it would be broken. But it doesn't.

Also, a lot of you are forgetting that the shield itself is not allowing one to do over 3 mil per hit, skills, relics and class mods also affect all this.

They should just remove relics and class mods that do bonuses to stats and certain weapon type, and nerf the hell out of skills that increase damage while we're at it.

Capacity and recharge delay are immaterial in the face of zero drain and huge amp damage per bullet.

Case in point: Imagine a pistol that has 9999999 damage and 99.9 accuracy.

Broken?

Yeah...

Now give it a 0.1 fire rate. It's balanced now, right?

No.

Let's give it a 5.0 reload speed and a 2 bullet magazine. Balanced? No.

-50% melee damage? Balanced yet?

What if, on top of all that, we give it +100% recoil (not reduction)? Is it balanced?

No, it will NEVER be balanced without applying constraints on the aspects that made it broken in the first place. These limitations are orthogonal.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#184TerribleLuckPosted 10/6/2012 1:56:05 PM
Randy just said they are going to.
Twitter feed: Randy Pitchford @DuvalMagic: Bee shield is so getting nerfed.
#185Black_Cheese(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 2:42:19 PM
Well, this topic blew up...>_>...

Hmm...The results were about what I expected.
---
MKDS FC: 1203-2521-6248
ACWW Kamon in KinLand FC: 3737-2835-7661
#186Buring13Posted 10/6/2012 2:51:06 PM
Black_Cheese posted...
Well, this topic blew up...>_>...

Hmm...The results were about what I expected.

i know your username from somewhere.
---
Forza Italia
No Miccoli, No Party
#187MixorzPosted 10/6/2012 3:17:35 PM
Don't forget, the game reflects on Gearbox. Borderlands already has a reputation of Duperlands, do they also want to be known as a dev who doesn't properly test their game, or never patch broken items in their game? Borderlands is meant to be a loot driven engine. Generally speaking, one of the draws is that you are constantly getting newer and better loot, having to compare to see which is ultimately most beneficial until another comes around. Having a hands down broken combo that destroys everything pretty much defeats the purpose of a loot driven game,
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#188StopthinkPosted 10/6/2012 3:23:02 PM
CloakedNub posted...
Stopthink posted...
I don't know, tell me what you are misunderstanding? I said what you do online affects people. You're talking about appearing online. Are you doing anything just by appearing online? No. I really don't even know why you're talking about this.

What people do online does effect other people online. But the post you replied to never said they were playing online. They said they were appearing online to friends only. Maybe you should take your username's advice.

I know what the post said. I thought that if he actually read my comment then he would had to have been implying that he was playing in a private game with his friends while "appearing" online to everyone else. When it became apparent that he was stupid enough to not understand that appearing online doesn't mean you're doing anything online, I pointed it out. So either his statement was stupid from the outset, or he implied something that might have actually made sense but was wrong anyway. If you want to pointlessly involve yourself then you can decide how he was wrong, enjoy.
---
imo for the tight asses
#189DarkkOnePosted 10/6/2012 3:28:32 PM
I think the best nerf would be to make the amp damage the total added damage per pull of the trigger, rather than per pellet.

This would more or less bring it back in line with what was probably intended, leave it rather beneficial for things like SMGs, and yet fix the primary broken aspect of it.
#190AbrasaxZeroPosted 10/6/2012 3:42:46 PM
Ravetown posted...
I think people mistakenly take this as a, moral issue. "There is no PVP, so it can't hurt anyone". But it's not about morality. It's about the integrity of a system.

1. Gearbox designed all systems in Borderlands, including all weapons and items.
2. Gearbox did not fully test the Bee combinations, which reveal all other combinations as considerably lesser
3. Gearbox did not intend for any items to be as strong as said combination, so they must either adjust the rest of the system or adjust the anomaly.

Which part do you not understand? It's not about "controlling your fun", it's about the health of Borderlands as a whole.

Gee, thanks Mr. Pitchford.....er wait, you aren't Randy Pitchford. You must have the right of the argument, being that you are Gearbox.

Any further development questions I have, I'll know to direct them to you, since you were obviously so intricately involved in the development of BL2.

I wish I could take small pieces of someone's post and read it completely out of context so that it lines up more closely with my own beliefs. Oh, but wait, if I did that I would be a pretentious douche bag.