Should they nerf The Bee?

#191PensatoPosted 10/6/2012 3:18:34 PM
The Bee isn't overpowered on it's own. It's overpowered when combined with certain other items. People cry about it because they believe everyone needs to behave in a manner they think is right even though those who cry rarely behave in said manner themselves. Yes people really are this petty and dumb.

Gamers think they know how to game design but most don't. That is why Developers should take what is said on game forums lightly. Once in a blue moon a gamer will know what they are talking about and have a legit complaint. That's when a Dev's ear should pick up.

But that's fine. Let them derp on about how OP item A is while Sal can one hit kill anything in the game with just six points spent into his skill tree.

fredbeatswilma posted...
Here's the problem people have with the bee. There has never been anything, besides modded weapons, that is this powerful between both games. It's unprecedented. There were some powerful guns but nothing like this. That is why a nerf is being called upon since it seems unbalanced.

Hellfire, Double Anarchy, Raven, Ogre, and Ironclad all say hello.
#192AnaConda1114Posted 10/6/2012 3:30:24 PM
I hope they nerf it to all hell. It was a terribly designed shield.

That shield kills all the fun, exploration, and looting of the game. "oh hey, lets replay the same part, which only takes 10 seconds with the Bee, so we can get better guns to run through the SAME part again with!!!!!!"

Now you need to take 5-10 minutes to kill a boss instead of 5 seconds? HOW UNFAIR! But how will I now get an extremely rare piece of loot? Actually work for it?

If all u wanna do is run through the boss in 5 seconds over and over, maybe gearbox should just patch in a room with weapon crates and you can save and reload that room all day and night. Where's the fun? It's like a point and click adventure game.

use GUN on HANDSOME JACK
use GUN on WARRIOR
---
X-Box Live: Anaconda1114
#193Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 10/6/2012 3:32:22 PM
If it was as rare as it's supposed to be then I'd say no, but...you know...

I
#194PensatoPosted 10/6/2012 3:37:48 PM
AnaConda1114 posted...

That shield kills all the fun, exploration, and looting of the game. "oh hey, lets replay the same part, which only takes 10 seconds with the Bee, so we can get better guns to run through the SAME part again with!!!!!!"

Now you need to take 5-10 minutes to kill a boss instead of 5 seconds? HOW UNFAIR! But how will I now get an extremely rare piece of loot? Actually work for it?

If all u wanna do is run through the boss in 5 seconds over and over, maybe gearbox should just patch in a room with weapon crates and you can save and reload that room all day and night. Where's the fun? It's like a point and click adventure game.

use GUN on HANDSOME JACK
use GUN on WARRIOR

I can kill most bosses with a purple amp shield and a purple shotgun in less than 10 seconds. Again. It's not just one item. It's the right combination of items (and even skill spec).

I can also just one shot kill whatever I want if I chose to play as Sal.

All your post reads as is "If I can't play that way, nobody should be able to play that way! Whaaaaa!"

Fact is, you guys just don't really know wtf you're talking about.
#195DocOdinePosted 10/6/2012 3:42:38 PM
AnaConda1114 posted...

use GUN on HANDSOME JACK
use GUN on WARRIOR

Another pointless opinion from someone who doesn't have one. The only problem with the Bee is when CC or another large pellet count shotgun is used. My current siren build can get near 30 fire rate on my Botch SMG I got from BNK3R, and it can still take upwards of 5 minutes to kill the more worthwhile/moble bosses like BNK3R, Saturn and Warrior. Have yet to get Terra below 3/4 (he loves to pop between me and the tentacles when I'm down). Trash mobs? Sure a good rifle+ Bee will cut them down fast. If you take even 1 hit though the damage is stopped.

Personally, nerf it with shotguns. Make amps divide per pellet, even apply it to guns like double taps and multi rocket launchers idc. Damage vs low capacity is balanced enough otherwise.
---
There is one big difference between Call of Duty and Skyrim. Call of Duty adds content each game while Bethesda takes away. -MC2011
#196Cordawg411Posted 10/6/2012 3:51:30 PM(edited)
AnaConda1114 posted...

use GUN on HANDSOME JACK
use GUN on WARRIOR

So SOMEONE ELSE has fun beating a boss in 5 seconds and this "kills all the fun, exploration, and looting of the game" for YOU?

Also, they already had "this room" called New Haven where you could loot a lot of chests, save, and loot again. Soooooo....

I guess technology has advanced enough that people get wi-fi way out in la-la land.
---
Xbox = cordawg411
PSN = cordawg411
#197SeraphLancePosted 10/6/2012 3:51:16 PM
Pensato posted...
Gamers think they know how to game design but most don't. That is why Developers should take what is said on game forums lightly. Once in a blue moon a gamer will know what they are talking about and have a legit complaint. That's when a Dev's ear should pick up.

Whoever said anything about design? I could probably design a decent weapons system for this game, but it'd probably have more oversights than the one that was designed for BL2. Notice how I used the word more rather than unlike. Their design probably had plenty of flaws and imbalances. Most of them were probably fixed in testing. However, the public represents a thoroughness of testing that no software development company in the world can ever hope to simulate.

fredbeatswilma posted...
Here's the problem people have with the bee. There has never been anything, besides modded weapons, that is this powerful between both games. It's unprecedented. There were some powerful guns but nothing like this. That is why a nerf is being called upon since it seems unbalanced.

Hellfire, Double Anarchy, Raven, Ogre, and Ironclad all say hello.

...and The Bee laughs at them and says goodbye. Those weapons are damn good, but they aren't even remotely close in comparison. The Bee with pistols and snipers matches a Hellfire. The Bee with SMGs and ARs is quite a bit better. The Bee with shotguns? The ball just left the ballpark and hit orbit.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#198AlleRacingPosted 10/6/2012 4:09:38 PM
My main issue is that the amp damage is ridiculously high, far higher than what most guns do in a single shot. I don't have a problem with it being able to apply to every shot, but the damage needs to be toned way down. It might also be worth considering not having amp damage apply to every pellet in a shotgun blast. In return, it should have a slightly better recharge delay.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#199Cordawg411Posted 10/6/2012 4:11:19 PM
lol at all the mad people in this thread.

I looted this shield. I did not use any mods. I did not hack the game code. I'm using what the developer put into the game. If and when I get tired of using it, I'll switch to another. Do the haters realize that they do not have to equip it? No really, you don't have to equip it.

But really, you don't have to equip it.
---
Xbox = cordawg411
PSN = cordawg411
#200TerribleLuckPosted 10/6/2012 4:16:14 PM
It's already being nerfed. It was confirmed by Randy Pitchford today on Twitter.