Should they nerf The Bee?

#211ProzacStylingsPosted 10/6/2012 5:55:01 PM
ShinRaKnight posted...
__Vyse_ posted...
do they have more amp damage though? if it takes away 1 point and has a fast recharge all it does is give teammates without it a fair chance to do damage that's worth anything.

It has a fast recharge but a long delay.

So you would get one good shot, then have to wait to recharge with an extremely low capacity.

The shield would be useless.

Make amp drain -1.

Cut recharge delay to 5%( ~0.25 seconds ).
Cut recharge rate to ~20-40%.

WOW I JUST BALANCED IT.

Hold applause plz.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#212Cordawg411Posted 10/6/2012 5:58:43 PM
ProzacStylings posted...
ShinRaKnight posted...
__Vyse_ posted...
do they have more amp damage though? if it takes away 1 point and has a fast recharge all it does is give teammates without it a fair chance to do damage that's worth anything.

It has a fast recharge but a long delay.

So you would get one good shot, then have to wait to recharge with an extremely low capacity.

The shield would be useless.

Make amp drain -1.

Cut recharge delay to 5%( ~0.25 seconds ).
Cut recharge rate to ~20-40%.

WOW I JUST BALANCED IT.

Hold applause plz.

Or. OR.

(dramatic pause)

KEEP IT AS IS! WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA!
---
Xbox = cordawg411
PSN = cordawg411
#213SeraphLancePosted 10/6/2012 6:46:38 PM
AbrasaxZero posted...
I am not really all that concerned that the bee is being nerfed, I don't use it that often anyway.

My only concern is the reason why it is being nerfed.

The bee and the cc (which I don't even have one of atm) were both released by Gearbox, and as such, behave as intended, or at least how they were intended at the time the game was made/released.

The only reason the bee is even on Gearbox's radar right now, is due to all the complaints of people that don't like other players using it to their advantage.

It's totally plausible (if not highly likely) that Gearbox simply hadn't foreseen that weapon combination put to the use it has been. Exhaustively testing every weapon combination, even discouting permutations from the RNG, is pretty much impossible. This is how I see the events at hand:

"Hey, Gearbox, this shield is absolutely insane with shotguns. Fix it!"

"Huh? We'll take a look at it."

"Oh man, yeah... this is SO getting fixed."

A cynic might see it as gearbox caving into fan pressure, but that's simply an interpretation (and one that runs afoul of what we've actually heard from Gearbox, whatever paper-thin validation thats worth), just like mine.

Cordawg411 posted...
It's pathetic that you make such demands to "fix" someone's game. The "just patch it" era is going to kill gaming eventually. Whatever happened to just accepting a game for what it was? Have really stooped this low that we demand a developer "fix" their game to our liking?

DLC happened. As it stands, The Bee is so incredibly overpowered that future DLC (in terms of loot, which is the main draw of the game) isn't worth playing. That is a problem, no?
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#214bomberman1622Posted 10/6/2012 7:06:09 PM
what if they just nerfed the amp damage?
---
---
Umvc3 team: Jill(B)/ V. Joe(Y)/ Ammy (B)
#215fredbeatswilmaPosted 10/6/2012 7:07:25 PM
Once again why does everyone act like gearbox has never nerfed or buffed anything before in the borderlands franchise?
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#216AngryOldFeralPosted 10/6/2012 7:14:13 PM
Do whatever the hell they want to The Bee.

Just don't **** with my Hide of Terramorphous. That's my favorite shield. Sure, I don't get ludicrous amp damage forever with it, but I like having Spike + Nova and Roid damage when it depletes.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#217BoxTheMuppetPosted 10/6/2012 7:20:08 PM
AngryOldFeral posted...

Just don't **** with my Hide of Terramorphous. That's my favorite shield. Sure, I don't get ludicrous amp damage forever with it, but I like having Spike + Nova and Roid damage when it depletes.

Yeah it's pretty awesome. Going to have to farm that one.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#218MagicJabPosted 10/6/2012 7:20:41 PM
ysauve72 posted...
It's a single player game. Nuff said.

well it is a co-op game just not competitive multiplayer. so the nerf is just pointless people will movie to the next best thing and then the people wanting the nerf will want the next thing nerf it will never stop

just wanted to say that b4 someone like oh well it is a multiplayer game
#219mfv12979Posted 10/6/2012 7:25:00 PM
AngryOldFeral posted...

after bee they gonna nerf your hide of terra. after that the character you use. and after that. well who knows. people will always have something to cry about.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#220megagooseqqqPosted 10/6/2012 7:26:04 PM
It's a single player game. Nuff said.

People play this game solo?
---
Mr. QQQ