Should they nerf The Bee?

#221Cordawg411Posted 10/6/2012 6:28:19 PM
megagooseqqq posted...
It's a single player game. Nuff said.

People play this game solo?

Yes. Not everyone can afford Xbox Live.

Are there any smart people on this forum?
---
Xbox = cordawg411
PSN = cordawg411
#222FernbackPosted 10/6/2012 6:40:25 PM
I'm sure this has been posted already, but since a big argument I've seen online (for keeping The Bee as-is) revolves around the concept of Gearbox having made everything work how they intended (the patch then being solely a result of community whining), I would just like to point out that things ingame do slip past the developer's testing, with my example being Zer0's Slayer of Terramorphous class mod. The class mod has variable amounts of max health and burn damage/chance bonuses, but every version of the mod buffs only 4 of Zer0's skills and one of Salvador's. We know that this is not intended, as skill buffs only work with at least one point put into the skill. Since Zer0 cannot put a point into this skill, it is a worthless addition. Again, I do not know if this is the case with The Bee, but people shouldn't always assume that it is not.

(On an unrelated note, I would love a patch for that mod, Gearbox.)

If they do nerf The Bee, I hope that they make it nerfed only when playing through random matchmaking or when setting your match to public join. I am in the camp of gamers who enjoy playing online to have fun trying to kill the higher leveled enemies, and so one Bee user in a game can ruin that experience by essentially killing everything before the rest of the team can even get there. At the same time, I would want to make all players happy (or the majority of those involved in this for-against debate), so disabling The Bee in matchmaking (specifically random online play) but leaving it untouched in solo and friend's only (for farming) seems to be the best strategy to take here. As for the actual nerf? I can't think of how to balance the weapon out while leaving it viable off-hand, so I won't bother putting out any ideas toward that end.
#223AngryOldFeralPosted 10/6/2012 7:15:41 PM
mfv12979 posted...
AngryOldFeral posted...
Do whatever the hell they want to The Bee.

Just don't **** with my Hide of Terramorphous. That's my favorite shield. Sure, I don't get ludicrous amp damage forever with it, but I like having Spike + Nova and Roid damage when it depletes.

after bee they gonna nerf your hide of terra. after that the character you use. and after that. well who knows. people will always have something to cry about.

They'd better not. Hide of Terramorphous is supposed to be a god-tier shield. Hell, it's a legendary drop from a god-tier raid boss.

You get The Bee from shooting a DJ in the face repeatedly. :P
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#224OdinFearPosted 10/6/2012 7:23:43 PM
Went with no. They knew what they were doing when it was created. And for the record, i dont have it and ill probably only use it in "FFYL" if at all.
---
RIP Khali (my 1st GFAQs account)
XBL GT - LUE Khali
#225SahuaginPosted 10/6/2012 8:18:47 PM(edited)
if it's so good that it's the ONLY shield any sane person would ever consider using (assuming access to all items), then definitely yes. it should be equivalent to the other shields at the same level.

either that or add a new item class (red?) above orange and start populating it with items including this one.
---
Atheism is merely a consequence of having intellectual honesty.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3001/2779329530_7b29b69912.jpg
#226Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/6/2012 8:21:34 PM
Went with no. They knew what they were doing when it was created. And for the record, i dont have it and ill probably only use it in "FFYL" if at all.

Is that supposed to stand for Fight for your life? You can't use the Bee in FFYL because you have no shield then, no amp bonus. Even if you could, you can't go into your menu to switch when you're in FFYL.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#227OdinFearPosted 10/6/2012 11:36:11 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...

Is that supposed to stand for Fight for your life? You can't use the Bee in FFYL because you have no shield then, no amp bonus. Even if you could, you can't go into your menu to switch when you're in FFYL.

Yeah. I messed up. Was thinking of Conference Call for some dumb ass reason. Either way, they knew what they were doing when they made The Bee.
>_>
<_<

My apologies.
---
RIP Khali (my 1st GFAQs account)
XBL GT - LUE Khali
#228ZeroShot101Posted 10/6/2012 11:48:22 PM
Why does it matter there are worse things they should be patching instead of a shield like the modded save files that give you all 3 major game changers or the gold key glitch seriously gearbox get your head in the game
#229R0YB0TPosted 10/7/2012 2:57:31 AM
Pensato posted...

I can kill most bosses with a purple amp shield and a purple shotgun in less than 10 seconds. Again. It's not just one item. It's the right combination of items (and even skill spec).

Can you show us a video of you killing Vermivorous or Terramorphous in under 10 seconds without a bee and conference call?
#230HighSpeedLoserPosted 10/7/2012 3:10:48 AM
went with no. i haven't seen the bee used brutally online, only against massive bosses. it's a farmers best friend, but it's useless against the masses. compared to other shields at this level it can't really take anything and the recharge delay is not prompt. all i've used it for, and seen it used for, are grinding bosses to get solid loot. don't really have a problem with that, and am generally upset that gearbox is taking action against something so minor.