Should they nerf The Bee?

#31Black_Cheese(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 7:18:03 AM
Super_Game_guru posted...
And suddenly this is a youtube comment section.

*likes*

Oh wait, that's Facebook.
---
MKDS FC: 1203-2521-6248
ACWW Kamon in KinLand FC: 3737-2835-7661
#32Sitrus_DaoraPosted 10/6/2012 7:24:14 AM
The game doesn't even take itself seriously, it's a ****-take game, and people want nerfs.

Just when you thought the BL community couldn't get any more embarrassing.

Why are people so concerned at what others do in their games? The way people go on about it, it's like every time they start a game some guy with the Bee jumps in, starts destroying everything, steals all the loot, takes a **** on their doorstep and batters their dog.

No it isn't, hence why nerfing it is necessary

Actually, it's a single player game with OPTIONAL multiplayer. There's nothing that needs nerfing in this game.
---
Got the wings of heaven on my shoes, I'm a dancing man and I just can't lose ^_^
XBL GT: SitrusDaora
#33fredbeatswilmaPosted 10/6/2012 7:35:00 AM
Here's the problem people have with the bee. There has never been anything, besides modded weapons, that is this powerful between both games. It's unprecedented. There were some powerful guns but nothing like this. That is why a nerf is being called upon since it seems unbalanced.

It's basically legit with modded weapons power. No legit gun could decimate crawmerax or any boss the way the bee+cc can in this game. Also that duping is rampant in this game it's basically having a bunch of people with mods running around destroying thing but no invincible shield.

Since boss farming and not chest farming is the way for legendary weapons now in the early game some people find this unacceptable and cheap. Thus nerf is shouted.

I personally don't care. I play solo by choice.. .
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#34talostheundyingPosted 10/6/2012 7:35:18 AM
Sitrus_Daora posted...
The game doesn't even take itself seriously, it's a ****-take game, and people want nerfs.

Why are people so concerned at what others do in their games? The way people go on about it, it's like every time they start a game some guy with the Bee jumps in, starts destroying everything, steals all the loot, takes a **** on their doorstep and batters their dog.

Actually, it's a single player game with OPTIONAL multiplayer. There's nothing that needs nerfing in this game.

Actually, it's a multiplayer game with OPTIONAL single player. Nerfing is necessary.
---
GT: LrdCheesterBear PSN: LrdCheesterBear
Currently Playing: Fable III, Happy Wars Beta, Borderlands 2 (soon).
#35Dante729Posted 10/6/2012 7:35:36 AM
So the only thing Gearbox can do is drastically decrease the amp damage, rendering it useless.

I believe they are going to change the way they work with shotguns, myself.

On topic, for the sake of balance, the Bee is far too good. End game loot is supposed to be good, but do you know how many end game shields there are? Quite a few. Do people usually give them the time of day once they get a Bee? More often than not, no. Should that be happening? No.

However, as I said in the other topic regarding this...

I mean, when one gets down to it, people use the Bee/Conference Call to take things down easily, of course. When that's taken, some people will find other things to do/other methods, but others will still want that "I just killed the raid boss super fast" power.

Personally, while I do think the Bee is crazy, I would prefer it the way it is to a rapid influx of mods.

Not saying that I can predict the future, but I can certainly see it happening.
---
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
#36Nintendo guyPosted 10/6/2012 7:39:55 AM
From what I understand, the shield makes all your shots do a ton of extra damage as long as your shields are full?

If this is correct, then that sounds a little bit ridiculous, and I feel something like that is a bit too powerful, but I don't really care too much either way.

It's moreso the fact that it's so easy for people to skip actually playing the game and get rare, powerful items duped for them for free that bothers me, than the fact that some things are a little imbalanced.
#37CinderDragon77Posted 10/6/2012 7:42:08 AM
talostheundying posted...
Sitrus_Daora posted...

Actually, it's a multiplayer game with OPTIONAL single player. Nerfing is necessary.

Actually it's single-player with the ability to play multiplayer b/c everyone that has the base system can play single-player, same cannot be said for multiplayer. The worst part is that it's a co-op game and the little brats that have already abused the bee to get every item in the game don't want anyone else to be able to get any of the stuff b/c they want the whole superiority complex.
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?
#38Nintendo guyPosted 10/6/2012 7:44:27 AM(edited)
Dante729 posted...
do you know how many end game shields there are? Quite a few. Do people usually give them the time of day once they get a Bee? More often than not, no. Should that be happening? No.

This is another thing people don't seem to understand when they spout out "IT'S NOT A COMPETITIVE GAME SO THERE'S NO NEED FOR BALANCE". Poor balance results in reduced viable gameplay options, or at least reduced diversity in options actually utilized. If one shield is blatantly better than all the other ones, then that means all the other things the developers made for players to used are not, in fact, being used, and you see a lack of variety in peoples' gameplay despite the fact that a large number of options actually exist.
#39zephrylPosted 10/6/2012 7:46:07 AM
Nintendo guy posted...
From what I understand, the shield makes all your shots do a ton of extra damage as long as your shields are full?

If this is correct, then that sounds a little bit ridiculous, and I feel something like that is a bit too powerful, but I don't really care too much either way.

It's moreso the fact that it's so easy for people to skip actually playing the game and get rare, powerful items duped for them for free that bothers me, than the fact that some things are a little imbalanced.

Yes, it's an Amp shield that takes 0 off your shields, but it has much smaller reserves than most other high level shields.

And exactly.
I want to dupe the rare items and take all the looting out of the game? Seems they're fine with this.
I want to farm my rare items, with powerful items I've previously farmed? Heavens forbid, nerf nerf!

Easy solution: Allow the host of the game to select whether or not the Bee drains shield or not. If people don't want Bee users to smash everything, they can tick the box. They don't care? leave it unticked.
---
Pokemon Black FC : 2279 6761 4204
http://goo.gl/CFfOU - My RNGed Pokemon list ||| Pawn Shop Jobs completed { 8 }, Topics { 5 }
#40killbot357Posted 10/6/2012 7:50:02 AM
I'd rather Gearbox fix the duping exploit than tweak the Bee, but I don't care that much.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, FTL