Should they nerf The Bee?

#91Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 10/6/2012 10:46:49 AM
I'll never comprehend how people can think that just because this game isn't competitive, it shouldn't be balanced. I'll never for the life of me understand that logic.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#92KagoJunichiroPosted 10/6/2012 10:48:44 AM
Cordawg411 posted...
Buring13 posted...
The problem with the bee shield is the reliance on it. The Bee and CC combo will rule the game. No matter how many new items the Devs make. The Bees over powered ability makes a good gun great and a great gun, like the CC, unstoppable. If they don't do something to The Bee, they might as well never add a new gun or shield again unless it's a superior version of The Bee and CC.

So don't use it! They do not force you to use this setup!!!

AND

I highly doubt that once the level cap is raised to 60+ you will still be using a level 50 setup. DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP

Did he mention he uses that setup? No, he didn't. Those of us who like to play online with others and like a challenge are tired of easy mode players. The Bee is getting nerfed and that's that. The only reason this has blown up so huge is because most of the users here are babies. Your precious Bee is getting nerfed, moving on.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Kago Junichiro
PlayStation Network ID: ArmoredAce
#93RavetownPosted 10/6/2012 10:50:39 AM
Cordawg411 posted...
Buring13 posted...
The problem with the bee shield is the reliance on it. The Bee and CC combo will rule the game. No matter how many new items the Devs make. The Bees over powered ability makes a good gun great and a great gun, like the CC, unstoppable. If they don't do something to The Bee, they might as well never add a new gun or shield again unless it's a superior version of The Bee and CC.

So don't use it! They do not force you to use this setup!!!

AND

I highly doubt that once the level cap is raised to 60+ you will still be using a level 50 setup. DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP

As you say: Derp. What's to stop me from farming a new level 60 bee and CC once the cap is raised? Or is your hypothetical DLC more real than the DLC that raises the level cap inside and outside the DLC zones?
#94RavetownPosted 10/6/2012 10:54:20 AM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
I'll never comprehend how people can think that just because this game isn't competitive, it shouldn't be balanced. I'll never for the life of me understand that logic.

They feel entitled to the unbalanced items, so they construct views that appear logical to them without getting to the core of the issue: the item is so good its broken, and they like it that way.
#95pariah23Posted 10/6/2012 10:54:29 AM
cobaltlotus posted...
It all comes down to how I want to play MY Borderlands 2. Nobody else chooses for me.

Pretty sure Gearbox does. Unless you want to play the game without any more patches, and unable to connect to other players who have updated their game, which is your prerogative.

Just as it's mine to laugh at all the people crying about nerfs to blatantly overpowered items when they inevitably happen.
#96AbrasaxZeroPosted 10/6/2012 10:57:54 AM
On topic, no. Just no. As many have stated, no one forces you to use the bee. This is a single player / co-op game, with no pvp (other than dueling). There is absolutely no reason to nerf any piece of equipment in a game with no PVP.

If you want to duel someone that has a bee, and you don't want to equip a bee yourself, then too bad; either find some tactics that will allow you to beat them, or you lose.

I get frustrated enough with whining in pvp games that end up with equipment nerfs, please for the love of the gaming gods, don't start this nerf bull**** in single/coop games as well.

The door to the pvp games is >>> way, see your way out.
#97CaffeineSnorterPosted 10/6/2012 10:58:38 AM
Bees can only sting once, afterall.

How the hell did you guy's miss this post? This guys explains it all.
---
I vow to stop posting hateful things on OT-Haji
Even the most primitive of societies have an innate respect of the insane.-The Motorcycle Boy
#98AbrasaxZeroPosted 10/6/2012 11:02:42 AM
Ravetown posted...
Unpure_Euphoria posted...

They feel entitled to the unbalanced items, so they construct views that appear logical to them without getting to the core of the issue: the item is so good its broken, and they like it that way.

I just want to say you are almost right, but just off a bit.

I have a bee, I use it about 2% of the time. I don't feel entitled to having an unbalanced item, I feel entitled to the choice of using it. It's people that sit on their high horse of purity, claiming some superiority because they don't partake in something that gives you an advantage, that make developers kill crying puppies.

Just play the game your way, let others play it their way. You aren't better than me for not using the bee, and I'm not better than you when I do use it now and then.
#99BobbyCreekPosted 10/6/2012 11:03:15 AM
Seriously how dumb are people? Just because the game isn't player vs player doesn't mean that overpowered equipment isn't still a problem. It kills equipment variety which is sorta the whole point of this game in the first place. There would be no need for bazillions of guns if everyone was just gonna use Bee and Conference Call to kill everything in 2 seconds.

tl;dr overpowered equipment = lack of variety = bad
#100YourmadrePosted 10/6/2012 11:04:09 AM
its getting nerfed and rightfully so, so give up whiners.
---
TS2 - 100%
TS:FP - 100%