Gemini or Double Up?

#31BoozeHound59Posted 10/6/2012 1:48:10 PM
Axton will really shine when you can get 2 longbow sticky turrets with shields that slag and have rockets.

Bring on the DLC!
#32Purps1024Posted 10/6/2012 1:48:27 PM
zUkUu posted...
Purps1024 posted...
I believe Gemini does more damage specifically than Double-Up, but the damage is minimal when you realize how much better the Guerrilla tree is than the Survival tree.

slag outdamages anything you can do with gemini - and don't say "slag yourself" it's bad and you still deal way less damage in total, since weapon swap, aiming, reslagging etc makes it somewhat unviable.

Actually in a separate topic a few weeks back someone actually posted the damage stats. Gemini does higher damage without slag, meaning it obviously does with slag. I'm talking about raw damage, BTW, not factoring in things like DPS.

In any case, I prefer Double Up to Gemini myself.
---
Yes.
#33zUkUuPosted 10/6/2012 1:52:00 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
zUkUu posted...
StormWolf12 posted...
zUkUu posted...
Double Up by FAR - in particular if you consider what crap you have to spec to get Gemini.

Is this a joke, lol?

Survival is better than Guerrilla.

another one who should level to 50 and go into TVHM - survival is utter crap beside Healthy, Preparation and Resourceful. that's 15 points - you need another 11 to just get to Gemini.

You only need 4 points into an average talent in guerilla (Grenadier, Laser Sight, Ante or Crisis Management) to get double up, as the other talents are very useful and blow survial out of the window (sentry, willing, ready, sorched earth, onslaught). since you have already scorched earth etc included you have also much more left over points and can spec differently depending what you prefer, where as gemini only has one spec really.

I personally am a really big fan of quick charge, and Grit, but you know, I'm obviously not level 50, or have beaten TVHM... not.

But also, having 2 turrets allows you to get better coverage of the field, and I like mag lock, to boot.

Basically, don't assume I haven't beat the game, just because you like your set up so much.

...then you should have clearly experienced yourself that phalanx, quick charge, grit etc is simply bad. you stated otherwise, so that leads to my conclusion.
#34BitterBearPosted 10/6/2012 1:53:42 PM
I beat TVHM solo with Gemini/Scorched Earth spec. It's amazing. Double Up is only for the most utterly lazy of players.
#35StormWolf12Posted 10/6/2012 1:54:05 PM
Yeah, quick charge and grit are abysmal. What was I thinking?
#36MathusRaynPosted 10/6/2012 1:56:26 PM
The survival tree is for scrubs...I have one point in that tree so the bonus from the Terramorphous mod doesn't go to waste. Double Up is supremely OP.
---
How I picture most of you:
http://imgur.com/V1qpP
#37TerribleLuckPosted 10/6/2012 1:58:31 PM
zUkUu posted...
Double Up by FAR - in particular if you consider what crap you have to spec to get Gemini.

This. the Guerilla tree + a mix of gunpowder makes me do so much more damage then I ever would with Survival.
#38zUkUuPosted 10/6/2012 1:59:01 PM
StormWolf12 posted...

"Is this a joke, lol?

Survival is better than Guerrilla."

-Survival has 3 decent talents: rest is crap and not even mediocre

yes, I ask you what were you thinking?
#39StormWolf12Posted 10/6/2012 2:00:10 PM
zUkUu posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

"Is this a joke, lol?

You are so smart. I wish I could be like you.
#40zUkUuPosted 10/6/2012 2:02:17 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
zUkUu posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

"Is this a joke, lol?

You are so smart. I wish I could be like you.

if you study hard and eat your vegetables - you may will be. someday.