Wow, we're missing a lot of awesome physics on the Xbox :( look

#21JkoolPosted 10/6/2012 1:12:23 PM
HOLY CRAP! What a difference!
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#22Silent Sniper IVPosted 10/6/2012 1:14:53 PM
I play on my gaming PC in true HD with full PhysX effects. Every time I play at my bros place on 360 I feel like I've stepped back in time an entire gaming generation.
---
"Nerd" and "gamer" have become the ultimate consumerist identity. Completely devoid of values outside of consumption without reflection.
#23AlleRacingPosted 10/6/2012 1:19:51 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
Did you know that an Xbox that came out in 2005 could easily run borderlands 2?

Did you know that a PC that's 3 years old will most likely have trouble with Borderlands 2?

Think.

My computer is nearly 3 years old and it maxes this game pretty easily at a higher resolution and frame rate, with better textures, draw distance, AA, AF, load times, etc. The 360 isn't even close.

That said, the Physics effects aren't spectacular, more tacky than anything. Liquids are very gel-like and the pebbles coming out of everything are overdone. The cloth physics are kind of nice and singularity grenades kick ass though.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#24GaMEQB11Posted 10/6/2012 1:59:39 PM
the goo did get old and didnt fit with the art style though
#25EvilAshTwinPosted 10/6/2012 2:02:42 PM
StormWolf12 posted...

Did you know that a PC that's 3 years old will most likely have trouble with Borderlands 2?

Think.

I know right, I had some guy tell me last week that any computer bought in the last 5 or 6 years should be able to run BL2 easily because the 360 hardware is atleast that old. I like "lolno".
#26BhelliumPosted 10/6/2012 2:05:24 PM(edited)
Other than the singularity grenades that was more neat than amazing.

That said... I effing love singularity grenades so that would have been the best thing ever.

EvilAshTwin posted...

I know right, I had some guy tell me last week that any computer bought in the last 5 or 6 years should be able to run BL2 easily because the 360 hardware is atleast that old. I like "lolno".

In all fairness to that guy pretty sure the necessary hardware existed.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#27MadDewgPosted 10/6/2012 2:05:51 PM(edited)
As someone that is used to playing watered down PC/arcade ports since the days of the NES (aka ninja turtles arcade 2 on the NES, doom on the snes and 32X, various capcom fighters on the playstation compared to the arcades/sega saturn, quake 3 on dreamcast, unreal championship 1 on first xbox compared to unreal tournament, return to castle wolfenstien on xbox etc.), I'm used to it at this point.

Its the price you pay for not having to upgrade your PC a lot...I know the last time I bothered with mine is back when I wanted to play champions online with the cell-shaded graphics, lol.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#28F_WolfPosted 10/6/2012 2:20:27 PM
JManGT posted...
This happens all the time with pc game, so get pc games. Though you'll have to spend $300 on average a year meeting these type of specs for new games to be able to do that. I can sleep fine without it knowing that. Doesn't make borderlands 2 any worse or better.

BAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
#29BhelliumPosted 10/6/2012 2:24:00 PM
If that's to the $300 a year I agree, though between LIVE savings and the other uses you get out of it even that exaggeration is not too bad.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#30StormWolf12Posted 10/6/2012 2:25:32 PM
AlleRacing posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

Think.

My computer is nearly 3 years old and it maxes this game pretty easily at a higher resolution and frame rate, with better textures, draw distance, AA, AF, load times, etc. The 360 isn't even close.

That said, the Physics effects aren't spectacular, more tacky than anything. Liquids are very gel-like and the pebbles coming out of everything are overdone. The cloth physics are kind of nice and singularity grenades kick ass though.

Sounds like you got a high quality computer 3 years ago. Not everyone gets a high quality pc.

I know there are plenty of computers you could buy at Best Buy today that wouldn't be great for Borderlands 2, which was what I was basing that statement off of.

My point is that when they design a game for a PC, they can put really high end effects on it, because they expect their customer base to have a gaming PC. When they design it for an xbox, they have to design it for xboxs which have been out for 7 years.