Why is Salvador so short ?

#11ArueziPosted 10/7/2012 5:35:48 AM
bioshock91 posted...
EvilAshTwin posted...
bioshock91 posted...
<quote<> Why did Gearbox do this ?/quote>

Why are you asking it like they did something offensive?

Im not, I was curious if there was some back story to it or they just thought it would be funny to have the really buff guy be shorter than everyone else. I wouldnt be suprised if thats why they did it. I did not mean to come off as offensive.

Actually I think the steroids thing is true. Something about him taking them when he was young because he wanted to be a wrestler, but they ended up stunting his growth.
---
GT: Aruezi
#12FinixsoftPosted 10/7/2012 5:36:45 AM
EvilAshTwin posted...
bioshock91 posted...
<quote<> Why did Gearbox do this ?/quote>

Why are you asking it like they did something offensive?

Didn't sound offensive to me. how did you get that out of what he said? Wtf?
---
If you don't feed a troll attention eventually it starves to death. Forgive my spelling. Fat fingers, small phone.
#13xSuper_ChuckxPosted 10/7/2012 5:42:19 AM
It states specifically in the official game guide his growth was stunted due to steroids. His bio says he is.5'6", well over the height of the midgets anyways.
---
"I will beat you into a living death" -Ken Shamrock
"90% of the game is half mental" -Tim Sylvia
#14BloodgiftDemonPosted 10/7/2012 5:45:16 AM
If I recall correctly, Game Informer did an article about a year ago; it was both a preview for Borderlands 2 and an in-depth look at Salvador. The article mainly focused on the Gunzerker because it was the "new" class -- totally unique compared to anything Borderlands 1 offered.

Anyway, the article covered Salvador's backstory, and the reason his growth was stunted, was steroid use.
#15AStrawhatPiratePosted 10/7/2012 5:47:18 AM
BloodgiftDemon posted...
If I recall correctly, Game Informer did an article about a year ago; it was both a preview for Borderlands 2 and an in-depth look at Salvador. The article mainly focused on the Gunzerker because it was the "new" class -- totally unique compared to anything Borderlands 1 offered.

Anyway, the article covered Salvador's backstory, and the reason his growth was stunted, was steroid use.

Interesting because a lot of people think Zero is the new totally unique class.
#16RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/7/2012 5:55:47 AM
LOL @ "backstories" in borderlands.
---
CaffeineSnorters always Laylow12 then RUNwhenCOPScome - ssj954vegito
#17BloodgiftDemonPosted 10/7/2012 5:56:42 AM
AStrawhatPirate posted...
BloodgiftDemon posted...

Interesting because a lot of people think Zero is the new totally unique class.

Honestly, I agree that Zer0 seems the most...different of the four Vault Hunters in BL2, especially when compared to BL1.

However, the "Gunzerker = Unique New Class" slant was what they used in the Game Informer preview article.
#18bluAstridPosted 10/7/2012 5:59:40 AM
It's called irony.

Where Brick was purely a stereotype; Salvador's more a tongue-in-cheek joke.
#19Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 10/7/2012 7:09:47 AM(edited)
I'm pretty sure I remember an official explanation of the character saying he took so many roids that it stunted his growth.

Otherwise, it could be that he's just short. The little bruiser's an archetype too.
#20MrObviousPosted 10/7/2012 8:27:50 AM
You have to understand a Gunzerkers love for you is like a truck.
---
I'm sure we can handle this like mature,responsible adults.Isn't that right,Mr Poopy-Pants? -Lt. Frank Drebin