Moxxi's good touch and bad touch?(spoilers)

#1moonkill3Posted 10/7/2012 8:47:46 PM
Can you get these weapons again from her in the 2nd playthrough if you already tipped her in the first to get them?
#2Dark_Lord_DarekPosted 10/7/2012 8:48:17 PM
Yes.
---
GT: xCRISSGASMx
Besides, Ghost already has another drawback: It's hard to miss a running fuzzy man. - Libra_137
#3XDanCXPosted 10/7/2012 8:48:26 PM
moonkill3 posted...
Can you get these weapons again from her in the 2nd playthrough if you already tipped her in the first to get them?

You can get them all the time. Like every few levels or so.
---
Religion is the Opiate of the Masses
Einhorn is Finkle, Finkle is Einhorn
#4CloakedNubPosted 10/7/2012 8:50:04 PM
If you have trouble getting another bad touch, it's super easy if you have a second controller.

Make your game, then join on the 2nd controller on another profile. Give the money to that guy, and give it to Moxxi. The Bad Touch will scale to your 1st guys level.
#5Kungfu KenobiPosted 10/7/2012 8:50:05 PM
You can get them every play session, IIRC.
---
Check out www.axemurderingworms.com . And remember kids: Sound isn't music, Books aren't stories, This is not a pipe, and The medium is the message.
#6moonkill3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 8:51:07 PM
XDanCX posted...
moonkill3 posted...

Serious so if I got them around level 15 then waited till i was level 25 I would get nicer versions
#7OleDirtyDPosted 10/7/2012 8:56:25 PM
moonkill3 posted...
XDanCX posted...
moonkill3 posted...

Serious so if I got them around level 15 then waited till i was level 25 I would get nicer versions

Yep, its freaking awesome, bout to ding to 50 and get one of both
---
So young, so angry, DARN that rap music!!
#8The Steel PhantomPosted 10/7/2012 9:17:55 PM(edited)
As a Siren, I swear by Moxxi's weapons... The level of the weapon she gives you is based off the recommended level for the STORY mission you're on. She will *almost* always give you a weapon 1 level higher than the story mission's level.

If you out-level the story mission, you'll obviously be getting "weak" weapons for your personal character's level.

The first time your character EVER receives a weapon from her, it will be a Bad Touch (corrosive). After that, for some reason, somehow, the game is glitched and you'll only ever get Good Touches (fire) from her after that. And a LOT of the time, if you try to get 2 guns back-to-back without saving/exiting between them, she'll glitch out and won't pull out the second gun.

The easiest way to farm these guns is as follows:

Good Touch (fire):

1. Load into the game and head to Moxxi.

2. Tip her $100 bills. The odds of getting a gun from her is not based on the AMOUNT of money you give her. There's just a set chance every time you tip her for it to happen. I've got guns from her for as little as $300.

3. Take the gun from her. If you like it, awesome. If not, sell it, trash it, whatever.

4. Save and exit the game. You could also run over to the Fast Travel thing and port away/port back, but that takes longer.

5. Repeat from step 1. ... Like I said, if you try to start tipping her again immediately without doing Step 4, she will almost always glitch out. She'll speak the words, the tip jar will be disabled, but she'll never pull out the gun. It's weird. And money wasted. Do step 4.

Bad Touch (corrosive):

Note: This is what you will get first if you've never tipped her enough for a gun on a specific character. If you're farming for it though, here's how.

1. On Player1 controller, load your main character you want the gun for completely into the game. Position him/her near Moxxi if you want, for ease.

2. On Player2 controller, load a guest account level 1 brand new character into your game. You can do this by joining from Player1's pause menu. Run Player2 newbie over to Player1.

3. Use Player1 to trade a decent amount of money to Player2.

4. Tip Moxxi from Player2 over and over until she pulls out a gun. It's guaranteed to be the Bad Touch since it's the first time Player2 newbie level 1 guy is getting a gun. However, the gun is scaled to Player1's story mission level, since they are the host.

5. Take the gun from her with Player1. Yay.

6. Trade back your leftover cash.

7. Exit Player2 guest account without saving simply from the start menu.

8. Exit Player1 normally via start menu's Quit -> Save & Exit. This ensures that Player2 doesn't have a save (how could he, he was a guest), and can enter the game over and over and Moxxi keeps thinking he is a new character who has never got a gun from her.

Enjoy your amazing fire and corrosive guns. It's not cheating either. It's a work-around to a known glitch, since she won't give you the damn weapons because of the glitch. It's on Gearbox's forums already.

If you're curious about the stats for the guns, here's what I have personnally seen to be the best "roll-able" stats for them.

Reload Speed = 2.2... It can go as high as 3.5 though. Yuck. You'll only get 2.2 on an "Apt Good/Bad Touch" though. Otherwise, on a normal "Miss Moxxi's Good/Bad Touch", the best Reload Speed you can have is 2.5.

Magazine Size = 32... It can go as low as 25. I've seen 25, 27, and 32. ... ONE time I saw 33, but never have again.

Proc chance = Ranges from 15.6% to 18.9%.

Every gun also has a chance to come with +50% melee damage, +70% critical hit damage, a variety of scopes/sights, or white text, "Increased stability" or some such like that, if it's named "Lucid Good/Bad Touch".
#9The Steel PhantomPosted 10/7/2012 10:36:14 PM
Bump... Just hit 50 yesterday and got myself a "perfect" rolled Good Touch tonight.

~4300 dmg
Fire Rate 9.0 (it's almost always 8.0. The 9 is rare as hell)
Reload Speed 2.5
Magazine Size 32
17.x% fire proc chance for ~5300 dmg
70% critical hit damage
aaaand it has a scope also. =)
---
~ The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~