The one and only thing that turned me off this game

#1Xeno_PredatorPosted 10/8/2012 1:31:42 AM
is gun mechanics. In Borderlands 1, the bullet travel speed is so much faster and more satisfying. Elemental effects merely alter the damage and impact results while not messing with projectile speed or behaviour. In Borderlands 2 bullets travel painfully slow and seem to spawn in front of your character. Shooting a target in melee range is extremely hard since bullets seem to appear behind the target instead.... where it should actually be easier since the target covers like half your screen. I've played for a while and was disappointed to see that explosive bullets (my previous favourite) turned bullets into even slower moving blobs. I switched to incendiary and it got even worse. In addition to being painfully slow, bullets now stick to enemies for a second or two before dealing damage which makes it even slower.

All other aspects of the game is awesome. I hope they fix this debacle of a mechanic to make it as awesome as Borderland 1's.
---
Genius has its limitations. Ignorance has none.
#2DranaxscasPosted 10/8/2012 1:33:20 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with what you said about the explosive stuff... that's terrible. And annoying. :/
---
GT: KuteKuddleyKiwi
#3Oni SeraphPosted 10/8/2012 1:34:58 AM(edited)
You're mistaking several different bullet types for standard bullets. Sounds like you're only using tediore and E-tech weapons. Travel speed is fine.
---
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.
#4DocOdinePosted 10/8/2012 1:34:35 AM
I'm sorry that you use **** guns. Bye.
---
There is one big difference between Call of Duty and Skyrim. Call of Duty adds content each game while Bethesda takes away. -MC2011
#5Xeno_Predator(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 1:40:49 AM
Oni Seraph posted...
You're mistaking several different bullet types for standard bullets. Sounds like you're only using tediore and E-tech weapons. Travel speed is fine.

I have tried standard bullets (still slow), explosive bullets, and incendiary bullets (which are painfully slow, as mentioned earlier). I have not played very far so I cannot get 1337 skillz and 1337 gunz because this mechanic is a major turn off.

I've seen the average intelligence of this board so I'll mention this too since some seem to have a hard time comprehending this topic:

I'm not saying this game sucks. I'm saying it's awesome except for the gun mechanic which is preventing me from fully enjoying it.
---
#6SocratoPosted 10/8/2012 1:42:06 AM
I noticed this with Torgue guns. It does suck and for me, it makes them unusable.

As for the fire weapon sticking thing... I think you were actually using an e-tech weapon... "dart" something. Regular flame weapons don't do that bro.
#7EvilAshTwinPosted 10/8/2012 1:43:20 AM
I agree with several points. I dont know why they lowered the bullet speed while simultaneously increased enemy speed and jitteryness.

When you have someone in melee it helps if you aim down when you go to shoot them. Again, I dont know why they changed this enemies do seem to be closer to your body than what should be possible when they physically attack you.

Sounds like youre using a gun type known as a "dart", it shoots a godawful slow bullet in an arcing pattern and sits on the enemy for a second or 2 before exploding. Believe me, not ALL elemental weapons work this way.
#8Optional_KarlPosted 10/8/2012 1:46:46 AM
Oni Seraph posted...

It's not bugging me, but i find the bullet velocity in general is slower than BL. if anything, it's more of a challenge. i'm thoroughly enjoying having to properly lead my targets when they're running for cover, or timing my shots to get them before they drop back into cover.

They're slower than what i'd expect in a military sim like BF3, but then you're not shooting over the same sort of distances, so i don't mind.
---
Formerly British tw8, not that you care.
#9Digit4lc0pyPosted 10/8/2012 1:49:27 AM
It's only annoying because of the bee AI systems. Some enemies strafe back an forth seemingl endlessly, or hide behind cover for like a full minute just to pop out for like one shot. I like it, but the bullet speed does seem to be a little slow when you account for thise factores. I like seeing the bullets move though, adds to the cartoony aspect.

Elemental damage in this game works fine, but you'll be dissapointes if you were a fan of electricity or corroding people. RESIST RESIST120RESIST119 v.v
#10Xeno_Predator(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 1:49:28 AM
Nah, it wasn't a dart. It was a purple fire pistol. I'll play it some more to get a better handle on the game. It's just so different from what I'm used to on Borderlands 1 which I played a lot of. Game about guns -> make guns shoot slower while targtes move faster. Wut???
---