The one and only thing that turned me off this game

#11Digit4lc0pyPosted 10/8/2012 2:50:21 AM
Digit4lc0py posted...
It's only annoying because of the bee AI systems. Some enemies strafe back an forth seemingl endlessly, or hide behind cover for like a full minute just to pop out for like one shot. I like it, but the bullet speed does seem to be a little slow when you account for thise factores. I like seeing the bullets move though, adds to the cartoony aspect.

Elemental damage in this game works fine, but you'll be dissapointes if you were a fan of electricity or corroding people. RESIST RESIST120RESIST119 v.v

THOSE TYPOS. Bedtime
#12outlawstar289Posted 10/8/2012 2:52:25 AM
I know what you mean. I miss the late-game Borderlands 1 assault rifles. Tight spread with quick bullets that did good damage.

You get better ARs in the late game that kinda offset the suckiness, but nothing that matches up to those good ol FG-42 clones from BL1.
---
IMPERIVM
GT: Commando GMC
#13Xeno_Predator(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 2:58:16 AM
Correction: it really was a dart pistol. Clearly I need to get higher level weapons and +bullet speed skills to have fun with this.
---
Genius has its limitations. Ignorance has none.
#14Oni SeraphPosted 10/8/2012 3:04:04 AM
I have tried standard bullets (still slow), explosive bullets, and incendiary bullets (which are painfully slow, as mentioned earlier). I have not played very far so I cannot get 1337 skillz and 1337 gunz because this mechanic is a major turn off.

IDK the bullets move faster than in real life, I can't say that I've noticed any real lag from bl1 except in explosive ammo and the E-techs.
It's not bugging me, but i find the bullet velocity in general is slower than BL. if anything, it's more of a challenge. i'm thoroughly enjoying having to properly lead my targets when they're running for cover, or timing my shots to get them before they drop back into cover.

They're slower than what i'd expect in a military sim like BF3, but then you're not shooting over the same sort of distances, so i don't mind.

If you're missing targets blame the outrageous aim assist when you go to ADS, that was hard to get accustomed to.
---
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.
#15ICEman MorgsPosted 10/8/2012 3:06:45 AM
So, after all the vehement denial, TC really was just using E-Tech weapons, and Torgue guns (which usee Gyrojets, not bullets)
---
ICEman Morgs' Ignore list: Making GameFAQs a better place.
GT: Morgneto
#16BhelliumPosted 10/8/2012 3:13:15 AM(edited)
The Dart guns usually home though... fantastic for anti-air or stalker hunting

Oni Seraph posted...

IDK the bullets move faster than in real life, I can't say that I've noticed any real lag from bl1 except in explosive ammo and the E-techs.

What kind of cheapo ammunition are you using? Stop it, you'll blow an arm off.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#17RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/8/2012 3:17:39 AM
Xeno_Predator posted...
Nah, it wasn't a dart. It was a purple fire pistol. I'll play it some more to get a better handle on the game. It's just so different from what I'm used to on Borderlands 1 which I played a lot of. Game about guns -> make guns shoot slower while targtes move faster. Wut???

Dude seriously just get good at the game. You and everyone else in this topic. And mind your grammar before you insult the "average intelligence" of this board, that's such a bad mechanic.
---
CaffeineSnorters always Laylow12 then RUNwhenCOPScome - ssj954vegito
#18KnifeboxingPosted 10/8/2012 3:23:15 AM
I agree.

Go ahead, flood your tampon. I still agree.
---
GT: FlockOfChickens. Black Ops HC S&D and core TDM. BAWK clan.
Pokemon White FC: 3353 3943 6964
#19EvilAshTwinPosted 10/8/2012 3:30:05 AM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...

Dude seriously just get good at the game. You and everyone else in this topic. And mind your grammar before you insult the "average intelligence" of this board, that's such a bad mechanic.

Wait are you seriously saying its OUR fault the game utilizes poorly implemented bullet/enemy AI mechanics? Seriously, your advice is simply "get good at the game"?
#20Optional_KarlPosted 10/8/2012 3:32:00 AM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
Xeno_Predator posted...
Nah, it wasn't a dart. It was a purple fire pistol. I'll play it some more to get a better handle on the game. It's just so different from what I'm used to on Borderlands 1 which I played a lot of. Game about guns -> make guns shoot slower while targtes move faster. Wut???

I remember you...

Intelligence does not equate to grammar. Einstein was Dyslexic, but one of the best minds of our generation. i have revolutionised some of my company's business procedures, yet still struggle to spell immediate, and often forget my full stops. I have been known to use the incorrect 'To' or 'your' in places, also.
---
Formerly British tw8, not that you care.